Author Topic: Fox News Pwns Dish Network..  (Read 1350 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Fox News Pwns Dish Network..
« on: January 09, 2015, 07:23:43 AM »
http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/boom-fox-news-just-drop-kicked-dish-network-big-pile-reality/

Btw, I'm sure theres more to this than just contract negotiations.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
Re: Fox News Pwns Dish Network..
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 09:25:32 AM »
http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/boom-fox-news-just-drop-kicked-dish-network-big-pile-reality/

Btw, I'm sure theres more to this than just contract negotiations.

No, and I would not hold too much weight on this as generally people come and go on cable and dish
A

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2015, 09:27:23 AM »

No, and I would not hold too much weight on this as generally people come and go on cable and dish

People come and go with dish. But people are generally locked into a contract when it comes to cable. Dish is offering no contract last time I talked with a sales representative.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2015, 09:41:48 AM »
Nickelodeon had it out 2 years ago, comedy central, all that.

AMC had it out recently with Directv.

You can keep up with "oh, we're victims, it's all a conspiracy", but really, it's 2 greedy-as-fck companies fighting over money.  And yes, some people only watch DISH for FOX.  I only watch directv for AMC... if I can't watch walking dead, I'm changing providers over night. 

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2015, 11:07:14 AM »
Yes, because Fox being the #1 network for the past 1000 years had nothing to do with Dish's drop off. If I had dish I would dropped them as well. As if it were anything else but....lol

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2015, 11:24:09 AM »
Yes, because Fox being the #1 network for the past 1000 years had nothing to do with Dish's drop off. If I had dish I would dropped them as well. As if it were anything else but....lol

Soooo ummmmm the fact that FOX was #1 and such a good earner was motivation for Dish to drop them?

Dude, FOX wanted more $, and Dish didn't want to pay.   This RINO victimization has gone just about too far now.  "They're all out to get us".  

DISH dropped 9 other channels in this same dispute.   They were all victims of liberal attacks too, right?
https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20141229/09293029535/dish-fox-news-feud-again-illustrates-how-cable-tv-industry-is-digging-its-own-grave.shtml

DISH ALSO DROPPED CNN AND CARTOON NETWORK - also too conservative for them?   LMAO

Serioously -
CNN, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, truTV, TCM... all dropped by Dish.   I guess Adult Swim and their conservative values were too much?  LOL

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2015, 11:43:32 AM »
Soooo ummmmm the fact that FOX was #1 and such a good earner was motivation for Dish to drop them?

Dude, FOX wanted more $, and Dish didn't want to pay.   This RINO victimization has gone just about too far now.  "They're all out to get us".  

DISH dropped 9 other channels in this same dispute.   They were all victims of liberal attacks too, right?
https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20141229/09293029535/dish-fox-news-feud-again-illustrates-how-cable-tv-industry-is-digging-its-own-grave.shtml

DISH ALSO DROPPED CNN AND CARTOON NETWORK - also too conservative for them?   LMAO

Serioously -
CNN, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, truTV, TCM... all dropped by Dish.   I guess Adult Swim and their conservative values were too much?  LOL

Yeah, I guess you missed the part where I said that it goes further than contract negotiations. Fox holds winning cards. Dish drops them, they lose subscribers for what ever the reason, personally, I think their trying to shut Fox out. But since they need to make a buck, they couldn't afford to lose them. Just the opposite with Fox.   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2015, 11:46:07 AM »
Yeah, I guess you missed the part where I said that it goes further than contract negotiations. Fox holds winning cards. Dish drops them, they lose subscribers for what ever the reason, personally, I think their trying to shut Fox out. But since they need to make a buck, they couldn't afford to lose them. Just the opposite with Fox.   

I don't understand this one bit.

DISH dropped a lot of networks, CNN and FOX and cartoon network. 

WWE wrestling and the weather channel too, huh?   LOL  it's about $$$$ not politics.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2015, 12:32:50 PM »
this is the problem.  FOX just lost a huge outlet for their conservative message because they didn't like the numbers, and they're acting like it's a win.  It's a loss for both sides.  

FOX demanded a huge raise that would have forced DISH to raise prices greatly.  Read about it - FOX just DOUBLED their price for DISH.   Unless FOX just DOUBLED their viewers in the past year, how can they justify this?

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2015/01/03/dish-network-was-right-to-reject-fox-news-deal.aspx

Had nothing to do with their politics.  Had to do with them trying to jack up the price on DISH.  

NICK did this same shit to Directv a while back.  Asked for a crazy increase and directv wasn't having that bullshit.