Author Topic: A combined 140 years of life was lost by these IFBB guys...  (Read 1633 times)

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
A combined 140 years of life was lost by these IFBB guys...
« on: January 12, 2015, 07:18:47 AM »
Kovacs, Mattarazzo, Nasser, Attwood

That was a rough guestimation on my part. I think that, at their time of death, their age range was 38 to 50.

So if the average person lives to be 80; I'd say that those 4 guys lost approximately a combined total of 140 years (of life). I'm not sure if any of them had kids.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: A combined 140 years of life was lost by these IFBB guys...
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2015, 07:46:55 AM »
When you're in your 20's, 30's and even early 40's you can't conceive that health should be a consideration. Then when health starts failing whether it's  a heart problems, blood sugar, joint issues, or other the bell goes off you should have made health a consideration.

The heart is the most important muscle. Bodybuilders don't care about that muscle because they can't get compliments on it in the club. Putting on 30 pounds of muscle/fluid taking steroids in 3 months the heart doesn't care whether it's 30 pounds of muscle or fat in 3 months. It only knows it has to work harder.  When I see these huge steroid bodybuilders walking slowly on a treadmill looking like the are dying it's their heart that can't keep up. 

Drug free bodybuilding could be the best thing you could do to increase your health and reduce he risks.  Instead with drugs it's one of worst things you could do for health concerning increasing the risks to ill health.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2015, 05:57:15 PM »
When you're in your 20's, 30's and even early 40's you can't conceive that health should be a consideration. Then when health starts failing whether it's  a heart problems, blood sugar, joint issues, or other the bell goes off you should have made health a consideration.

The heart is the most important muscle. Bodybuilders don't care about that muscle because they can't get compliments on it in the club. Putting on 30 pounds of muscle/fluid taking steroids in 3 months the heart doesn't care whether it's 30 pounds of muscle or fat in 3 months. It only knows it has to work harder.  When I see these huge steroid bodybuilders walking slowly on a treadmill looking like the are dying it's their heart that can't keep up. 

Drug free bodybuilding could be the best thing you could do to increase your health and reduce he risks.  Instead with drugs it's one of worst things you could do for health concerning increasing the risks to ill health.

Yup.... And steroids cause the heart's left ventricle to enlarge and thicken.... disrupting the harmony between the 4 chambers of the heart muscle.

Lord Chronos

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2015, 12:39:28 AM »
Yup.... And steroids cause the heart's left ventricle to enlarge and thicken.... disrupting the harmony between the 4 chambers of the heart muscle.

They also cause myocardial fibrosis and collagenesis, causing millions of tiny scars to form throughout the heart which it turns makes it less elastic and reduces efficiency. There is no such things as a free meal, to get big muscles you trade it for the health and fitness of your most important muscle. Kind of ironic isnt it.