Author Topic: IT'S OFFICIAL!! Randy "Macho Man" Savage is going to The WWE HALL OF FAME  (Read 60816 times)

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
Re: IT'S OFFICIAL!! Randy "Macho Man" Savage is going to The WWE HALL OF FAME
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2015, 01:28:13 PM »
$

WoogsRaven

• Getbig III
  • Whisper sumthin nice and I'll make ya scream twice
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2015, 02:48:23 PM »

LOL----I would always crack up as a kid when Mean Gene would stare blankly into the camera when Macho Man would say something outrageous.

R.I.P Macho man---one of the greats. I think it's pathetic that Vince appointed Hulk Hogan to induct Macho in the HOF. Those guys were NOT friends. They had a working relationship, that is all. Macho was the ultimate professional. His brother Lanny, and only Lanny, should be inducting Randy.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2015, 04:11:51 PM »
Who will be accepting the induction?

Maybe Randy's widow, Lynn?

WoogsRaven

• Getbig III
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2015, 04:29:13 PM »
Who will be accepting the induction?

Maybe Randy's widow, Lynn?

Did Randy have any children?

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2015, 05:15:13 PM »
Did Randy have any children?

Not to my knowledge.

WoogsRaven

• Getbig III
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2015, 06:26:06 PM »

Not to my knowledge.

Interesting....I wonder if that was a personal choice for Randy. Between Elizabeth and Gorgeous George, Savage was no stranger to being around beautiful women.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2015, 07:20:08 PM »
I've read that the reason Randy stayed covered up (wore the shirt in the ring) during his late 80s/early 90s run was because he had come off the gas (and felt he looked small) because he and Liz were trying to conceive.

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2015, 07:49:02 PM »
I've read that the reason Randy stayed covered up (wore the shirt in the ring) during his late 80s/early 90s run was because he had come off the gas (and felt he looked small) because he and Liz were trying to conceive.

I always wondered that. I had just assumed that he went for a new look or the cape thing was dated. He was never a big dude in my eyes. A lot of his 80's stuff show him being pretty agile and in good shape.
$

WoogsRaven

• Getbig III
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2015, 06:30:58 AM »
He couldn't have been taking that much gas during his WWF days. He was never a big guy and he had skinny legs. Great athlete and quick as a cat in his prime.

He roided out BIGTIME during his last WCW run when he had Georgeous George in his corner. He was already in his late 40's by then so I'm sure that couldn't have helped his long term health. Guess he felt the need to do that to justify fucking a 23 year old hottie. Man, was she hot!

When I read that story that he taught himself to throw with his left hand after injuring his right arm during his baseball days....I thought that was amazing.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2015, 09:16:45 AM »
He couldn't have been taking that much gas during his WWF days. He was never a big guy and he had skinny legs. Great athlete and quick as a cat in his prime.

He roided out BIGTIME during his last WCW run when he had Georgeous George in his corner. He was already in his late 40's by then so I'm sure that couldn't have helped his long term health. Guess he felt the need to do that to justify fucking a 23 year old hottie. Man, was she hot!

When I read that story that he taught himself to throw with his left hand after injuring his right arm during his baseball days....I thought that was amazing.
yeah he looked big like he never looked,was on steiner protocol lol I bet...actually looked the part then...was a great player minors cincy reds..

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2015, 09:24:22 AM »
yeah he looked big like he never looked,was on steiner protocol lol I bet...actually looked the part then...was a great player minors cincy reds..

It seems like alot of those guys arms instantly added another inch or so once they left WWE for WCW.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2015, 12:37:38 PM »

LOL----I would always crack up as a kid when Mean Gene would stare blankly into the camera when Macho Man would say something outrageous.

R.I.P Macho man---one of the greats. I think it's pathetic that Vince appointed Hulk Hogan to induct Macho in the HOF. Those guys were NOT friends. They had a working relationship, that is all. Macho was the ultimate professional. His brother Lanny, and only Lanny, should be inducting Randy.

Check the article I linked earlier. It was Genius' idea to have Hogan induct Savage.

WoogsRaven

• Getbig III
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2015, 05:10:16 PM »
Check the article I linked earlier. It was Genius' idea to have Hogan induct Savage.

Fuck Hogan. It looks to be another chance for him to hog the spotlight. Why would Lanny choose Hogan and not himself? Retarded.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2015, 05:11:54 PM »
Fuck Hogan. It looks to be another chance for him to hog the spotlight. Why would Lanny choose Hogan and not himself? Retarded.

Lanny may be trying to "distance" himself after years of insisting that he would never allow Savage to be inducted without the whole family going in.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2015, 09:01:57 PM »

Again, go to the link; read the article; and listen to the podcast. Genius explains it all. It was HIS idea to let Hogan induct Savage.

Lanny may be trying to "distance" himself after years of insisting that he would never allow Savage to be inducted without the whole family going in.

Actually, he claimed that he couldn't stop McMahon from inducting Savage alone. He just wouldn't be there, if that happened. But, he's had a change of heart and said the fans are who persuaded him to give WWE his blessing to put Macho in the hall.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2015, 09:12:26 PM »

What is it about wrestlers getting knee injuries and returning to the ring super SWOLE? Savage blew his knee in '97 or '98. He returned looking like a BEAST. Same with Triple H. After tearing his quad in 2001, he looked gigantic in 2002, especially at "Backlash", when he lost the WWF title to Hogan.

I remember, when I lived in the Tampa Bay area, seeing Savage at Gold's Gym in Pinellas Park, with his leg in a cast and his girlfriend and another girl helping him to his car. He often showed up at Tyrone Mall in St. Petersburg. He was a LOT bigger than he looked on TV. I guess he was only "small" when compared to Hogan.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2015, 02:28:38 AM »
What is it about wrestlers getting knee injuries and returning to the ring super SWOLE? Savage blew his knee in '97 or '98. He returned looking like a BEAST. Same with Triple H. After tearing his quad in 2001, he looked gigantic in 2002, especially at "Backlash", when he lost the WWF title to Hogan.

I remember, when I lived in the Tampa Bay area, seeing Savage at Gold's Gym in Pinellas Park, with his leg in a cast and his girlfriend and another girl helping him to his car. He often showed up at Tyrone Mall in St. Petersburg. He was a LOT bigger than he looked on TV. I guess he was only "small" when compared to Hogan.

I suspect the big stars have more time to recover, including training and eating better. In the 60's and 70's - and even later; depending on your position in the hierarchy - you didn't get paid (or received reduced pay) if you didn't work, so guys who got hurt would return to action before they probably should have.

Main-event guys making big bucks, like Savage & Hunter, could afford to take off all the time they wanted to heal up and get into phenomenal shape before returning to work.

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2015, 07:14:28 PM »

I suspect the big stars have more time to recover, including training and eating better. In the 60's and 70's - and even later; depending on your position in the hierarchy - you didn't get paid (or received reduced pay) if you didn't work, so guys who got hurt would return to action before they probably should have.

Main-event guys making big bucks, like Savage & Hunter, could afford to take off all the time they wanted to heal up and get into phenomenal shape before returning to work.

Good point. I imagine being off the road, able to recover from workouts and eating better food than on the road can be simliar to a football player who gets to recover after the season is over.
$

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2015, 04:00:17 AM »
Good point. I imagine being off the road, able to recover from workouts and eating better food than on the road can be simliar to a football player who gets to recover after the season is over.

Sure!
Even with the aid of PED's, the more time and energy one can devote to training and nutrition, the better they will look and perform.

WoogsRaven

• Getbig III
« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2015, 12:00:23 PM »

Sure!
Even with the aid of PED's, the more time and energy one can devote to training and nutrition, the better they will look and perform.

Perfect example was when the Rock debuted at the Survivor series a few years back. Lookin' jacked and lean.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2015, 10:58:51 AM »
Perfect example was when the Rock debuted at the Survivor series a few years back. Lookin' jacked and lean.

Rock actually regained size he intentionally lost for non-action movie roles.

I don't recall his blowing a knee, at least not since 1997 before he joined the Nation of Domination.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2015, 02:54:40 PM »
I just watched disc one of his new DVD, very interesting. Randy really cared abut the fans. Never wore the same outfit to the same arena, believed he owed it to the fans to see different costumes. Was also a true perfectionist.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2015, 03:17:21 PM »
I just watched disc one of his new DVD, very interesting. Randy really cared abut the fans. Never wore the same outfit to the same arena, believed he owed it to the fans to see different costumes. Was also a true perfectionist.

He has a new DVD?

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2015, 12:19:20 PM »
"hall of fame" 

oh, brother   ::)
~

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2015, 04:19:03 PM »
"hall of fame" 

oh, brother   ::)

What?

Just because they inducted Koko B. Ware before Karl Gotch...