Author Topic: Jose Canseco Visits The 2006 Bodybuilding.com Iron Man Expo Booth!  (Read 12694 times)

gtbro1

• Getbig V
Re: Jose Canseco Visits The 2006 Bodybuilding.com Iron Man Expo Booth!
« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2006, 04:15:01 AM »
I wish my legs were as poorly developed as his

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
Re: Jose Canseco Visits The 2006 Bodybuilding.com Iron Man Expo Booth!
« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2006, 02:59:19 PM »
Canseco is a big guy no matter how you measure.  He made a huge mark in professional baseball.  You guys rag on him for taking roids but even back then allot of pro ballpalyers were taking them. Some more some less some with good some with great results.  In baseball as with the other team sports you have many guys trying to take your job from you every spring.  If you can't perform better than the next guy you are out and you could lose millions of dollars.  You do what you have to do.  He did.  As did Mark with him.  As did dozens of other pro ballplayers from that era.  He wrote a tell all book, big deal.  It sold a ton of copies.  You think the publisher wanted him to write a half ass book and maybe sell allot copies.  Hell no do a tell all and get a ton of publicity.  He did and it was great.

the funny thing about the whole steroid issue is the fact that congress sat up there and made claims of the old ball players who never used steroids in the 60s-70s-80s ect...The funny thing is the fact that how do they know that nobody of those era's didn't use anything...in the 70s steroids were rampant in Football...Why would it be so out of the question to think a small % of baseball players experimented with them...Some call the 90s the steroid era and that records should be taken out or have astoreses(sp)next to the records...Hell Babe ruth was a supposed drunk and speed freak and if you believe Jose(which i do) most baseball players for decades have been using "greenies" speed to play...Who would have thought that John MacEnroe the tennis player used steroids and that many in the sport were experimenting and using...You don't hear anything about Tennis getting rid of records and what not...Even ping pong players have tested postive for steroids...

So i guess my point is i would bet my life that someone way up in the record book of baseball of years ago have in fact used some form of steroid to get and edge...And the only difference of the players of the 90s till now is that the percentage of players is alot more and the nutrition of any athlete is 10 fold of yester years players...But i say lets put Reggie Jackson on a lie detector and see if he ever used or knew of anyone he played with that knew...And while we are at it Jim Rice who to this day looks as if he knows his way around a prescription drug...