Author Topic: Seriously guys the feminist-liberals are taking over.  (Read 5244 times)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Re: Seriously guys the feminist-liberals are taking over.
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2015, 08:08:07 PM »
They weren't making an effort to broadcast their views.  It was a private conversation easily based in humor which harmed no one.

90% of Getbig should be in jail if you're to be held liable for every wisecrack you make.  Enough already with the endoscopy.  Coercing people into giving up their right to privacy and making them live in a state of fearful self-censorship is what's obscene.

And you guys thought I was just fucking around here this whole time.  Turns out I was artfully protesting the erosion of individual freedom by institutions which presume to exert pervasive control.  Take a stand.  Join the revolution.  Make a really offensive remark.

As stated in my previous post, I am unsure if the privacy of the conversation matters. However, if an academic institution deems an action as immoral or unethical, they have every right to dismiss you. Students know this going into the program. If they do not like the standards, then they should not enter the program. That, or try to change the policies and procedures. Institutions have lots of power and great lawyers. Again, students know all this and they should have exercised better judgment. Sometimes we don't like the rules in life, but they are what they are.
X

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2015, 08:20:57 PM »
As stated in my previous post, I am unsure if the privacy of the conversation matters. However, if an academic institution deems an action as immoral or unethical, they have every right to dismiss you. Students know this going into the program. If they do not like the standards, then they should not enter the program. That, or try to change the policies and procedures. Institutions have lots of power and great lawyers. Again, students know all this and they should have exercised better judgment. Sometimes we don't like the rules in life, but they are what they are.

When someone has to stick their nose into someone else's business to discover something of which to disapprove is when they're out of bounds.  Employer, university, government, whatever.  The scales are tipped too far in favor of a licence to peep, imo.

Would you send your daughter to that dentist office?

I've been trying to get myself an appointment all day.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2015, 09:16:59 PM »
So, lets say those same statements were made while the students were on residency, i.e., they said those statements in a hospital setting in front of other dentists. Should everyone just ignore their statements? Should the students not be reprimanded?

Why not say they grabbed a megaphone and marched down Main St saying this shit?  Of course if you change the setting then you change the appropriateness of the behavior.  I insist I can jerk off at home but I [probably] wouldn't do it on a street corner.

If someone is reading this exchange and takes offence, do we deserve to be deprived of the opportunity of employment?  Yeah, it's kind of public since it's accessible to anyone but we're addressing only one another.  Expression of opinions online isn't as cut & dry as spoken conversation but I tend toward permitting expression rather than defending against the possibility of someone taking offence.

I can see where you're coming from but I view them as having made some tasteless jokes in a setting I regard as private, insofar as a reader who wasn't the intended audience could stop reading and go elsewhere without continuing to get spammed by uninvited material .  For me, that's eavesdropping.  This is very borderline since they were talking about the dentistry that they're studying at the school, but since the school had to cross the threshold of privacy to discover it then no, it's none of the school's business and the school is at fault for being overly nosey.  

I categorize it with Walmart shelf stockers being made to take a drug test as a condition of employment.  There should be a privacy boundary that institutions can't cross and I think that protection should extend to expression online when of a conversational nature.  Even idiots have a right not to be surveilled in private.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2015, 09:19:32 PM »
Why not say they grabbed a megaphone and marched down Main St saying this shit?  Of course if you change the setting then you change the appropriateness of the behavior.  I insist I can jerk off at home but I [probably] wouldn't do it on a street corner.

If someone is reading this exchange and takes offence, do we deserve to be deprived of the opportunity of employment?  Yeah, it's kind of public since it's accessible to anyone but we're addressing only one another.  Expression of opinions online isn't as cut & dry as spoken conversation but I tend toward permitting expression rather than defending against the possibility of someone taking offence.

I can see where you're coming from but I view them as having made some tasteless jokes in a setting I regard as private, insofar as a reader who wasn't the intended audience could stop reading and go elsewhere without continuing to get spammed by uninvited material .  For me, that's eavesdropping.  This is very borderline since they were talking about the dentistry that they're studying at the school, but since the school had to cross the threshold of privacy to discover it then no, it's none of the school's business and the school is at fault for being overly nosey.  

I categorize it with Walmart shelf stockers being made to take a drug test as a condition of employment.  There should be a privacy boundary that institutions can't cross and I think that protection should extend to expression online when of a conversational nature.  Even idiots have a right not to be surveilled in private.

Are there some jobs that should require a drug test as a condition of employment?
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2015, 09:23:00 PM »

And while that may be fine and dandy, there are some institutions that warn their employees about what they put on facebook.

As stated previously, these students were more than likely aware of the possible ramifications of their behavior, hence why they made the facebook private, so no one can see. They made their bed, now they have to sleep in it. They should have exercised better judgment. For the most part, you're not going to beat major institutions. I am not saying its right or wrong. Its just the way it is and they should have known better.
X

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2015, 12:27:11 AM »
I don't see the problem, I wouldn't mind getting free drugs and hate fucked by a member of the opposite sex.  Geez, women are to sensitive these days, they don't know what is good for them.  ;D
V

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2015, 04:10:13 AM »
I was addressing Papper, not you. I don't want to answer your questions. I usually just ignore you. Move along.

They were, at least they thought they were, in a private forum, and you should definitely be able to joke about sensitive stuff with your friends.

In reality, they took a risk with joking about pretty serious stuff regarding their proffession on the net. So of course it's pretty moronic to do this, especially in this sensitive climate where feminism is strong.

Carlton G. Long

« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2015, 04:32:03 AM »
Go on the offensive...

Call them fat lesbo baby killers and introduce them to BET/UPN.  They'll become mudsharks in no time and ruin their own lives...doing all the work themselves. 

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2015, 04:56:18 AM »
I was addressing Papper, not you. I don't want to answer your questions. I usually just ignore you. Move along.

haha

MikMaq

« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2015, 09:32:31 AM »
They were, at least they thought they were, in a private forum, and you should definitely be able to joke about sensitive stuff with your friends.

In reality, they took a risk with joking about pretty serious stuff regarding their proffession on the net. So of course it's pretty moronic to do this, especially in this sensitive climate where feminism is strong.
You mean thought control. This isn't even freedom of speech, freedom of speech would imply that they made these jokes publicily. more infuriating is this rat whoever they are is far more of a dispicabble character than any other. Real pyschopath shit.

MikMaq

« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2015, 10:05:40 AM »
Would you send your daughter to that dentist office?
Yes how fucking stupid are you? Getbig is proof what most people say behind close doors isn't what you think.

This is the delusions narcisstic self righteous shit. Everyone jokes about shit that is offensive.

I'm far more bother by someone that has no understanding of privacy and the idea people are allowed to joke or think(within reason what they want).

If it wasn't 13 fucking students,  I might believe there is actually something going on.

Nirvana

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2015, 11:05:36 AM »
Yes how fucking stupid are you? Getbig is proof what most people say behind close doors isn't what you think.

This is the delusions narcisstic self righteous shit. Everyone jokes about shit that is offensive.

I'm far more bother by someone that has no understanding of privacy and the idea people are allowed to joke or think(within reason what they want).

If it wasn't 13 fucking students,  I might believe there is actually something going on.

No I agree with the whole privacy thing. We all say shit that is meant only to be a private joke. But a Facebook group with the profession in the title is just not wise. Also when they talk about fucking people do think they wouldn't seriously want to? The fact that it's sexual makes the jokes much more believable, sex is the strongest human desire and most people can't quite control that desire. Like you for example, sucking some dudes dick and claiming it was just a joke.

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2015, 11:44:03 AM »
You mean thought control. This isn't even freedom of speech, freedom of speech would imply that they made these jokes publicily. more infuriating is this rat whoever they are is far more of a dispicabble character than any other. Real pyschopath shit.

No it isn't free speech nor did I infer it.

I see two separate questions in this

1 did they do something "wrong"?
2 Are they fit to care for people

One does not cancel the other