Author Topic: Three job offers - what to do...  (Read 20461 times)

denarii

• Getbig V
Re: Three job offers - what to do...
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2015, 03:37:13 PM »
So I have a proposal for option three. Instead of me joining as head of research, he hires a grad and I work with him as a consultant 3 days a week at start. The hedge fund manager said he would pay me a % of the revenue on assets raised, a decent % actually and if the business gets to a certain level we can talk about equitising it from pure revenue share. So if the seed deal goes ahead then my % on that and the three days a week for the MFO would be more than I am currently on base pay wise and would more than cover my monthly living costs. I have a few other rabbits I can proibably pull out of the hat. Seeing option 3 again prob on Sat.

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2015, 03:41:50 PM »
So I have a proposal for option three. Instead of me joining as head of research, he hires a grad and I work with him as a consultant 3 days a week at start. The hedge fund manager said he would pay me a % of the revenue on assets raised, a decent % actually and if the business gets to a certain level we can talk about equitising it from pure revenue share. So if the seed deal goes ahead then my % on that and the three days a week for the MFO would be more than I am currently on base pay wise and would more than cover my monthly living costs. I have a few other rabbits I can proibably pull out of the hat. Seeing option 3 again prob on Sat.

Hope they go for it - good luck

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2015, 02:25:09 AM »

Interesting offer.

Why did they only offer 3 days though? I'm just trying to cover all angles here. If I was a new business I would need someone to work all the hours in the week to get the ball rolling.

My worry is that he's testing you/the waters as much as you're testing it.

I'm in a similar situation to you right now actually although our jobs  couldn't be anymore different. I'm starting a consulting contract in two weeks.
S

denarii

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2015, 05:56:41 AM »
My old boss at the MFO wants me to join full time. But I don't really want to do it. He can get a grad to write DD reports and I just sit on the investment committee and do the important stuff.

denarii

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2015, 02:52:19 PM »
Looks like I might be joining the MFO in the end. Still need to finalise some details. Looking forwards to an extended holiday if it does happen.