Author Topic: Greg Plitt - Last photo before he was struck by a train  (Read 51796 times)

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
Re: Greg Plitt`s last photo before he was struck
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2015, 02:08:15 PM »
Railroads and railway yards are private property.  You cannot even cross railway lines legally unless you are at a designated cross.  What the fuck these idiots were doing on railway property I have know idea but you can be sure no railway company is going to give a couple of idiots permission to film their workouts on their land or trains.  Every video this guy has of him training on trains is him trespassing.  Was he trying to encourage people to get out and work out on trains?  Or was he trying appeal to the hobo segment of the population.  Yes I know it is important to have a six pack when you are riding the rails.

You are correct and I think it might even be a felony to trespass.

The reason he exercised on the train tracks was to give his workout videos an "edgy" feel. He has to stand out and wanted to have them resemble a blue-collar, hard-working ambiance with a gritty industrial feel to them.

Back to your point, I'm surprised the railway company didn't have private security patrolling the area.. or at lease surveillance cameras.  

I did a photo shoot on a train back in 2004 and in less than 10 minutes a private security car shewed me and the schmoe photographer off.

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2015, 02:11:01 PM »
Why couldn't this have happened to someone else than greg plitt?

Two-Three Getbiggers come to mind.

Would have been shizzo but he doesnt lift and daddywaddy's workout consists of yard work and whaling away at a heavy bag hanging from a pine tree out in the woods.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2015, 09:37:34 PM »
So in general I'm very cautious crossing train tracks in the car, but I remember once in San Diego, I guess I wasn't focused and we crossed over tracks and as we were crossing the gate start coming down and the lights start flashing and I'm thinking "Oh Fuck!" and start to press the gas hard and we cross, but as we did, I see the slowest train in the world coming at a  whopping 3 mph... and I just laughed...  and look at my wife and go, "we almost died honey... we escaped by the skin of our teeth" and she rolled her eyes at me... and all night all I kept telling her was "WE ALMOST DIED TODAY"  and I'd just crack up and she thought it was the unfunniest thing in the world but I couldn't get enough of it!

dogbowl

• Getbig IV
  • Team anyone except heath
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2015, 11:55:19 PM »
Trains are usually moving a lot faster than people realize;  Even the 'slow' ones.

A slow moving train (which might barely look like it's moving, from certain angles) is only moving slowly in comparison to a train's top speed, not a person's top speed.  A train moving at just 27mph (44kph) is still moving as fast as Usain Bolt at top speed.   You aren't going to outrun that, especially on uneven ground covered with rocks and sleepers.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2015, 01:42:44 AM »
So in general I'm very cautious crossing train tracks in the car, but I remember once in San Diego, I guess I wasn't focused and we crossed over tracks and as we were crossing the gate start coming down and the lights start flashing and I'm thinking "Oh Fuck!" and start to press the gas hard and we cross, but as we did, I see the slowest train in the world coming at a  whopping 3 mph... and I just laughed...  and look at my wife and go, "we almost died honey... we escaped by the skin of our teeth" and she rolled her eyes at me... and all night all I kept telling her was "WE ALMOST DIED TODAY"  and I'd just crack up and she thought it was the unfunniest thing in the world but I couldn't get enough of it!

Be even funnier if your car broke down right there

Novena

• Getbig IV
  • "commonsense" shields us from the pain of thinking
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2015, 02:22:00 AM »
In the Classic Hollywood era to shoot an oncoming train they would use one of two methods:

• 1) Dig a pit under the track and put the camera in the pit.  The train rolls over the camera.
  • 2) Put the camera on one side of the track shooting perpendicular to the track;  Then put a mirror on a stand at a 45 degree angle and shoot the train in the mirror and just sacrifice the mirror.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Greg Plitt was trying to get high from train run.
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2015, 06:08:31 AM »
http://www.tmz.com/2015/01/19/greg-plitt-death-train-stunt-bravo-work-out-dead/

Home
Bravo's 'Work Out' Star Greg Plitt -- Chasing Adrenaline High During Train Death
'Work Out' Star Greg Plitt
Chasing Adrenaline High During Train Death

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2015/01/19/greg-plitt-death-train-stunt-bravo-work-out-dead/#ixzz3PN2XK76C

Bravo's "Work Out" fitness star Greg Plitt was attempting to pull off a dangerous thrill seeking stunt -- just to sell sports drinks -- when he was hit and killed by a commuter train.

Law enforcement sources tell us Plitt was shooting a commercial for a new sports drink -- near the Burbank, CA Metrolink station -- when he attempted to outrun an oncoming train.

Sources close to Plitt say he had worked out near the tracks many times before -- but this shoot turned tragic when he tripped and fell on the tracks ... and couldn't recover in time to get out of the way.

As for why he was on the same track as the speeding train, our sources say Plitt was a highly driven adrenaline junkie. A promotional video for his website is especially eerie now ... since the whole thing was shot in the shadow of a rail yard.

The coroner says Greg's official cause of death is multiple blunt force trauma.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2015/01/19/greg-plitt-death-train-stunt-bravo-work-out-dead/#ixzz3PN2SSyy9

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
Re: Greg Plitt was trying to get high from train run.
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2015, 06:17:39 AM »
I like the occasional rush, but trying to outrun a train is not on my list of options. Poor sap. All his motivational stuff now overshadowed by an outstanding Darwin Award.   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2015, 06:19:59 AM »
That is pretty FNG stupid thing to do

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2015, 06:20:29 AM »
Adrenaline junkies are annoying. I met someone who was an adrenaline junkie. Every time you talked to this person he would go on and on about his weekend escapades of adrenaline type extreme sports. It seemed like he was really out to impress people by being "hardcore." All very nonsensical.
X

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2015, 06:21:03 AM »
Now he can be known as Plitt the Twit.

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2015, 06:24:09 AM »
He obviously was doing something stupid to have died the way he did.
In all the video's I'd seen of him, he always seemed very hyperactive.

Sad to see him gone though, I quite liked the guy and no one can dispute his enthusiasm for fitness.

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2015, 06:26:21 AM »
Adrenaline junkies are annoying. I met someone who was an adrenaline junkie. Every time you talked to this person he would go on and on about his weekend escapades of adrenaline type extreme sports. It seemed like he was really out to impress people by being "hardcore." All very nonsensical.
Sure beats a standard dull life most lead.
I'm not speaking about a pointless workout on a train track though.  That seems like you're adding pointless things to a boring activity to make it appear "hardcore", when meanwhile it's barbell curls on a train track.  The 2 have zero to do with each other.
N

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2015, 06:28:02 AM »
the worst part would be missing the super bowl

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2015, 06:36:50 AM »
the worst part would be missing the super bowl

Tom Brady for the win!
a

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2015, 06:41:01 AM »
I like the occasional rush, but trying to outrun a train is not on my list of options. Poor sap. All his motivational stuff now overshadowed by an outstanding Darwin Award.   

^^This. 

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2015, 06:45:18 AM »

I knew a paraglider when I lived in San Diego... same shit.  He always talked about how he almost got killed.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2015, 06:48:35 AM »
Sad part is it's not like he was a stuntman ,this was just someone trying to attempt something he had no right trying..

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2015, 06:54:22 AM »
He had a thing for rail...lots of pics of him curling and doing all sorts around the tracks.

S

bigkid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2015, 06:56:17 AM »
Between the rocks and the wood beams it seems like it would be the optimal area to trip and fall.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2015, 06:56:52 AM »
This is about as far as my adrenaline junk goes...

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2015, 06:58:28 AM »
Better question

Where does one obtain this adrenaline supplement
A

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2015, 06:58:35 AM »
Did he drop any good loot? Who gets his steroid stash?

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: January 20, 2015, 07:00:23 AM »
He had a thing for rail...lots of pics of him curling and doing all sorts around the tracks.

snortable meth-rx?  count me in
A

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: January 20, 2015, 07:00:57 AM »
He obviously was doing something stupid to have died the way he did.
In all the video's I'd seen of him, he always seemed very hyperactive.

Sad to see him gone though, I quite liked the guy and no one can dispute his enthusiasm for fitness.

Reminds me how ironic it was when the Croc Hunter died by falling on a sting ray.