Author Topic: MICHAEL MOORE TAKES AIM AT SNIPERS, CALLS THEM ‘COWARDS’  (Read 21957 times)

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
Re: MICHAEL MOORE TAKES AIM AT SNIPERS, CALLS THEM ‘COWARDS’
« Reply #100 on: January 27, 2015, 09:52:50 AM »
Yeah.  I haven't read the book.  but i think he's a genuine American Hero.  4 tours.  He went above and beyond.

oh definitely a hero.....but if I had a wife and kid back in the states I don't know if I would want to be constantly leaving them for 4 tours..he had a good wife but oftentimes the wife begins to stray......imagine the stress he'd be under if that had happened???....when I was in the Army guys would get "dear John" letters all the time and you could always tell because a guy would open up a letter then would disappear....the next thing you know, they would be in the bathroom or in a corner crying

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #101 on: January 27, 2015, 09:57:06 AM »
oh definitely a hero.....but if I had a wife and kid back in the states I don't know if I would want to be constantly leaving them for 4 tours..he had a good wife but oftentimes the wife begins to stray......imagine the stress he'd be under if that had happened???....when I was in the Army guys would get "dear John" letters all the time and you could always tell because a guy would open up a letter then would disappear....the next thing you know, they would be in the bathroom or in a corner crying

So you were in the Army?   Real John Rambo you are huh?

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: January 27, 2015, 10:10:11 AM »
So you were in the Army?   Real John Rambo you are huh?

no..went in during peace time..no time overseas..I'm a coward ;D

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: January 31, 2015, 04:06:28 AM »
MICHELLE OBAMA DEFENDS ‘AMERICAN SNIPER’

First Lady Michelle Obama spoke out against critics of American Sniper on Friday, saying the film is a “complex, emotional depiction of a veteran and his family.”

Obama appeared alongside the film’s star, Bradley Cooper, at an event for the Got Your 6 organization at the National Geographic Society in Washington on Friday. Got Your 6 “works to normalize the depictions of veterans on film and television to dispel common myths about the veteran population.”

Obama said she had watched American Sniper on a recent plane ride back from India and Saudi Arabia, according to the Hill.

“I had a chance to see American Sniper this week on that long flight we took,” Obama said. “While I know there have been critics, I felt that, more often than not, this film touches on many of the emotions and experiences that I’ve heard firsthand from military families over these past few years.”

“Now I’m not going to spoil it for anyone who hasn’t seen it,” Obama continued, “but this movie reflects those wrenching stories that I’ve heard – the complex journeys that our men and women in uniform endure. The complicated moral decisions they are tasked with every day.”

Since its record-breaking release earlier this month, American Sniper has been bombarded by critics on the left.

Seth Rogen tweeted that the film reminded him of the Nazi propaganda film included in the movie Inglorious Basterds. Michael Moore called snipers “cowards.” Both men have since tried to walk back their remarks.

Howard Dean became the latest to criticize the film when he recently called people who watched it “very angry.” Dean later apologized to veterans, but maintained that he will “make no apologies” to “thousands of right-wing nut jobs.”

Still, the film’s success at the box office is a testament to its popularity; on Thursday, numbers tracker Box Office Mojo predicted American Sniper would easily take the top spot at the box office for a third weekend in a row. The film has already broken several box office records and has grossed roughly $217 million in the U.S. in its first two weeks of release.

Cooper also spoke at the Got Your 6 event, noting that at a recent screening, a veteran stood up after the film ended and thanked him for “getting it right.”

“The content we create can have a big impact,” Cooper said, according to USA Today. “American Sniper is an example of that. It’s not just a story about a soldier, but a family.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: January 31, 2015, 04:43:42 PM »
Iraqi's reacting enthusiastically to American Sniper

American Sniper opened at Baghdad’s Mansour Mall theater earlier this month, but after just a week, it was pulled from screens because, as one theater employee told a reporter working for the GlobalPost, “the hero of this film boasts of killing more than 160 Muslims.” Another major movie theater in the city decided not to show the film “for fear of inciting protests and violence.”

But before it was yanked from the theater, one Iraqi man named Gaith Mohammed said that it played to full and enthusiastic crowds. “Some people watching were just concentrating, but others were screaming ‘Fuck, shoot him! He has an IED, don’t wait for permission!!’” he said of one of the film’s many tense scenes.

“I love watching war movies because especially now they give me the strength to face ISIS,” he continued, saying he did not find anything anti-Arab about the film. “No, why? The sniper was killing terrorists, the only thing that bothered me was when he said he didn’t know anything about the Quran!”

But a government ministry employee named Wael said he’s happy the film is no longer showing in Baghdad. “To some extent, I considered it against all Muslims,” he said. “The sniper, he has a chance to hit the child and his mother in their foot or anywhere without killing them, but he didn’t because he’s bloodthirsty like all the American troops.”

One area of Iraq that continues to show the film to appreciative crowds is Kurdistan, with the film opening strongly in the Kurdish cities of Irbil, Suleimaniya and Dohuk (though it reportedly trailed the box office receipts of Taken 3).

“The Kurds don’t like the Baghdadis that much so they have no big problem seeing them getting shot by an American,” one Iraqi film executive told Deadline. “So far, the film is working well for our screens in Kurdistan.”

Another Iraqi university student who saw the film before it was pulled told the GlobalPost that he was upset theaters were no longer showing it, but revealed that pretty much anyone in Baghdad can see it if they really want to. Many of his friends, he said, had already illegally downloaded it to watch at home.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #105 on: January 31, 2015, 05:03:42 PM »
Filmmaker Michael Moore took to Twitter Sunday afternoon to share his opinion with followers that combat snipers are “cowards.”

Moore’s words came amid a record-breaking box office weekend for Clint Eastwood’s American Sniper, which made its wide U.S. theatrical debut Jan. 16.

He tweeted:

My uncle killed by sniper in WW2. We were taught snipers were cowards. Will shoot u in the back. Snipers aren’t heroes. And invaders r worse

— Michael Moore (@MMFlint) January 18, 2015

The Fahrenheit 9/11 director likely made the comment in reference to Bradley Cooper’s portrayal of Navy SEAL Chris Kyle in the Eastwood-directed film, which has celebrated a $100 million weekend since its nationwide release Friday, and has been nominated for six Academy Awards.

Moore also tweeted Friday to remind followers to watch Selma, and thanked President Barack Obama for holding an official White House screening of the film Friday night.

Real American Hero aka Michael Moore

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #106 on: January 31, 2015, 05:07:48 PM »

Worst punishment for Michael Moore is to just let him live.  He'll take his own life sooner or later.
~

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: January 31, 2015, 05:12:01 PM »

Oh brother. 

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #108 on: February 02, 2015, 06:52:15 AM »

America's Leni Riefenstahl, he's about as heroic as road kill
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: February 02, 2015, 07:07:12 AM »
Michael Moore is a typical left wing liberal faggy whiney hippocrite

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: February 02, 2015, 07:12:13 AM »
Michael Moore is a typical left wing liberal faggy whiney hippocrite

pot meet kettle..........

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: February 02, 2015, 07:15:29 AM »
pot meet kettle..........

I'm in shape - Moore is a fat hippo and a slob

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: February 02, 2015, 07:36:51 AM »
 :D

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: February 02, 2015, 07:40:03 AM »
I'm in shape - Moore is a fat hippo and a slob

Unfortunately, being in shape doesn't equate to being intelligent..case in point

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: February 02, 2015, 08:05:21 AM »
TEXAS CELEBRATES CHRIS KYLE DAY

Today marks "Chris Kyle Day" in Texas as Gov. Greg Abbott is set to make a proclamation in the Navy SEAL's honor this afternoon.

The announcement comes on the second anniversary of Kyle's death and less than two weeks before his alleged killer's trial is scheduled to begin.

Kyle, the central character in the movie "American Sniper," is widely recognized for having made the highest number of confirmed kills in American military history. He was fatally shot at a gun range in Texas in 2013, allegedly by Eddie Ray Routh.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: February 02, 2015, 11:13:31 AM »
http://www.businessinsider.com/two-chris-kyle-stories-you-wont-see-in-american-sniper-2015-2

Yes - he is a hero and that fat fucking pos moore, seth rogan, taibii, and all the liberal filth are lower than muslim shitstains attacking him.