Author Topic: WWE Stock Tanking  (Read 72932 times)

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
WWE Stock Tanking
« on: January 20, 2015, 04:42:27 PM »
Much like WWE's product, the recent performance is unimpressive

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: WWE Stock Tanking
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 07:07:47 PM »
Maybe if they started up a football league or bodybuilding federation...

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2015, 03:42:39 AM »
Maybe if they started up a football league or bodybuilding federation...

Lol

Or maybe a movie studio.

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
$

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2015, 06:12:25 AM »
Here's what I'd like to see.

Vince come into the ring at the start of Raw and say that going forward there will be no interference in a wrestling match. Anyone who does so will be fired immediately.

This would give fans a reason to get invested in what is going on in the ring. As it stands, now, no one cares because they know someone is gonna run in from the back and influence the outcome.

Of course, this will never happen.

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2015, 06:36:05 AM »
Any theories as to what would happen if Vince died and they just tanked and closed shop? Would it revert back to regional or territories? It almost feels like Hockey in the 90's where it was just a bubble that popped and the game needed to reset.
$

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2015, 08:21:20 AM »
no surprise here. Will be a hell of a long time before we see the quality of the attitute era. I no longer watch it am almost embarassed to say I used to. It's just so stupid now, guys  are not impressive as before either. It's like they all went natty.
Fuck it....
?

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2015, 02:00:45 PM »
Going public changed everything. The WWE has to now maintain a corporate image. The days of wrestlers as outlaws is over as they have to exist in a corporate environment.

I had a good laugh when this week's Raw had a touching tribute to MLK when pretty much every black wrestler ever in Vinceland has been portrayed as a stereotype, from Bo Bo Brazil having a hard head to Kamala to The Soul Patrol, to the Godfather, to the Funkasaurus to the New Day.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2015, 03:54:48 PM »
WWE is on a slow downward spiral. Wrestling will never be what it once was especially with all the last of the original mohicans dying off.

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2015, 06:26:06 PM »
Going public changed everything. The WWE has to now maintain a corporate image. The days of wrestlers as outlaws is over as they have to exist in a corporate environment.

I had a good laugh when this week's Raw had a touching tribute to MLK when pretty much every black wrestler ever in Vinceland has been portrayed as a stereotype, from Bo Bo Brazil having a hard head to Kamala to The Soul Patrol, to the Godfather, to the Funkasaurus to the New Day.

Was Akeem the African Dream honored?

$

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2015, 06:28:29 PM »

that is what made it cool and bad ass.
Now, it totally sucks.

Why go public if it makes you change what made you in the first place???
?

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2015, 01:26:35 AM »
Was Akeem the African Dream honored?

Sadly, he was omitted, as was "Sexual Chocolate" Mark Henry:

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2015, 01:39:26 AM »
I hope it goes out of business once and for all.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2015, 05:49:53 AM »
Any theories as to what would happen if Vince died and they just tanked and closed shop? Would it revert back to regional or territories? It almost feels like Hockey in the 90's where it was just a bubble that popped and the game needed to reset.

It's a good question and a tough one to answer.

My guess is that it would eventually go back to bring a private company and downsize considerably.

I just don't see Steph and Triple H having the business savy to keep this going at its current level much less grow it.

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2015, 04:32:20 PM »
It's a good question and a tough one to answer.

My guess is that it would eventually go back to bring a private company and downsize considerably.

I just don't see Steph and Triple H having the business savy to keep this going at its current level much less grow it.

You know MMA could completely supplement it. They have more personality than today's wrestlers and you completely get away with having an angle in terms of how you portray yourself.
$

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2015, 11:44:05 AM »
I said it was a dog a year ago right here in this subforum. I've been short ever since it was north of $20, and I expect it to eventually be de-listed virtually worthless. I think the best thing they can do is go back private and not have to deal with the expenses and headaches associated with being publicly traded.
A

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2015, 11:47:45 AM »
I said it was a dog a year ago right here in this subforum. I've been short ever since it was north of $20, and I expect it to eventually be de-listed virtually worthless. I think the best thing they can do is go back private and not have to deal with the expenses and headaches associated with being publicly traded.

Agree.

Corporate culture and Professional Wrestling simply do not go hand-in-hand.

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2015, 04:44:51 PM »
Sadly, he was omitted, as was "Sexual Chocolate" Mark Henry:

The whole "Sexual Chocolate" thing pissed me off...not because it was "offensive," but because it was unfunny and did nothing to advance a legitimate angle...and I always admired MH as possibly the greatest American Olympic weightlifter since Ken Patera so to see him in such a stupid angle really turned me away from the show.
~

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2015, 04:46:11 PM »

I bought a few shares and held them just long enough to get a dividend check, which I keep for sentimental reasons (it's for a whopping $2.50)
~

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2015, 05:42:35 PM »
Let's coordinate a bear raid on WWE stock via getbig and then we'll liquidate it and return it to it's glory!
$

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2015, 02:50:11 AM »
Let's coordinate a bear raid on WWE stock via getbig and then we'll liquidate it and return it to it's glory!

;D

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2015, 02:26:05 PM »
Let's coordinate a muscle bear raid on WWE stock via getbig and then we'll liquidate it and return it to it's glory!

Fixed and already in the works.

You seem like the kind of guy who can keep a secret, so I'll let you in...

Just got off the phone with Bill Ackman, and he's put together a consortium of the street's most feared short sellers - Paulson, Chanos, Einhorn, Loeb, etc.

We're gonna drive it down below $1. Look for none other than Ted Turner to emerge and make Vince a tender offer he can't refuse for around $2.

After getting his long awaited revenge, Ted will take it private and bring wrestling back to its former glory. Look for him to hire JJ Dillon as CEO - the same JJ Dillion who made Tully Blanchard Enterprises bigger than GM and Exxon some 30 years ago.

A

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2015, 05:07:08 PM »
Fixed and already in the works.

You seem like the kind of guy who can keep a secret, so I'll let you in...

Just got off the phone with Bill Ackman, and he's put together a consortium of the street's most feared short sellers - Paulson, Chanos, Einhorn, Loeb, etc.

We're gonna drive it down below $1. Look for none other than Ted Turner to emerge and make Vince a tender offer he can't refuse for around $2.

After getting his long awaited revenge, Ted will take it private and bring wrestling back to its former glory. Look for him to hire JJ Dillon as CEO - the same JJ Dillion who made Tully Blanchard Enterprises bigger than GM and Exxon some 30 years ago.

Hahaha!

Well done!

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2015, 01:30:06 PM »
"Ya know I'm starting to like Tully Blanchard, cause he's a winner too!"
$

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2015, 01:53:28 PM »
JJ came to quickly realize that Baby Doll was a distraction and a drain on the company's financials and got rid of her - cleverly unloading her on TBE nemesis and perennial white knight Dusty Rhodes.

A