Author Topic: RIP Darren Shahlavi  (Read 3581 times)

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
RIP Darren Shahlavi
« on: January 20, 2015, 09:02:52 PM »
http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/entertainment-eonline/20150121/Shahlavi.Mortal.Kombat.dies/

Darren Shahlavi, Mortal Kombat Martial Artist, Dead at 42

Martial artist Darren Shahlavi, who has appeared in Mortal Kombat: Legacy and the CW series Arrow, has died. He was 42.

His agent tells Variety that Shahlavi died in his sleep on Jan. 14. A cause of death was not revealed, but a law enforcement source reportedly told TMZ that the actor died of an apparent overdose on prescription medication.

"Don't know how to express the emotions I'm feeling right now. Last night I found out my dearest brother had past away, he was a true inspiration to so many people including myself and I will forever be proud of all of your accomplishments with your acting career," his younger sister, Malouse, posted on Twitter.

"I can not begin to explain how much you will be missed by me and our family. You were an amazing person with endless talent. You will be forever loved by so many x."

Arrow star Stephen Amell also took to the social media website to pay his condolences. "RIP Darren Shahlavi. 1st guy I ever fought on Arrow. He was a great dude & a patient, thoughtful partner. Fight looked good because of him," he wrote.

The English actor, who was born in Stockport, Cheshire, started studying Judo at 7 years old, and ended up moving to Hong Kong in the mid-1990s to pursue a career in action cinema, and became a stuntman in kung fu films. He was then discovered by director Yuen Woo Ping, who cast him as the villain in kung fu film Tai Chi Chuan.

Shahlavi then broke into Hollywood, scoring supporting roles as a boxer fighting Eddie Murphy in 2002's I Spy and 2004's The Final Cut with Robin Williams.

He recently finished shooting on Pound of Flesh with Jean-Claude Van Damme, and is also known for his work in Ip Man 2 (2010), Watchmen (2009), 300 (2006) and Alone in the Dark (2005).

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “No no. Down here, Louie.”
Re: RIP Darren Shahlavi
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 09:23:25 PM »
How'd he die? Fatality? Babality? Friendship?

Never mind. Drug Overdose  :-\

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 09:31:40 PM »
How'd he die? Fatality? Babality? Friendship?

Never mind. Drug Overdose  :-\

Babalities were the best!!

X

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2015, 09:33:41 PM »

From Elisabeth Shahlavi, his sister...

Just to let those of you who knew my amazingly talented brother Darren Shahlavi he died on the 14th of January at his home in LA. our whole family are completely devastated and miss him terribly, still in complete shock and feel sick and grief . LOVE YOU SO SO MUCH and can't believe you've gone. my amazing Brother xxxxxx please rest in peace now xxx

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2015, 02:49:51 AM »
RIP.

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2015, 03:04:54 AM »
RIP, I remember getting restless at school so I could get home quickly and play MK when it first came out. I always played as Raiden.

So many deaths lately, we need to start a Getbig log to make sure everyone on here is accounted for.
S

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2015, 09:49:33 AM »
He's finished. 

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “No no. Down here, Louie.”
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2015, 10:44:04 AM »
Prescription drugs with the fatality #flawlessvictory

RIP, I remember getting restless at school so I could get home quickly and play MK when it first came out. I always played as Raiden.

So many deaths lately, we need to start a Getbig log to make sure everyone on here is accounted for.

The only MK player approved by Johnny Falcon. #electricity

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2015, 05:00:33 PM »
Sad but this is what happens when you live that lifestyle.

Ask not for whom the bell tolls.......

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2015, 06:07:25 PM »
First Greg Plitt and now Darren...

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2015, 06:28:39 PM »
Seems like so many of these guys are hooked on pain killers and such.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2015, 06:32:25 PM »
Just watched Ip Man 2 last month.