Author Topic: **CONSUMER ALERT**; Dave Palumbo: "Prime Nutrition products don't work!!!"  (Read 38242 times)

ether

• Getbig IV
Palumbo concluded that intra-MD is "all advertising" "a scam" designed to "get more of your money" and have "no scientific merit whatsoever."

Unless you were a cyclist is "completely useless" and is counterproductive, "shunting blood from your muscles to your digestive system".

Physiologically he is actually correct.

Would be interesting to know what the "President" of Primenutrition thinks about this.

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
Re: Dave Palumbo consumer alert - "Prime Nutrition Intra-MD is a scam"
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2015, 09:50:44 AM »
I just love how Primenutrition blatantly stole Mercedes-Benz corporate slogan...LOL

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2015, 10:05:17 AM »
Hahaha big shock!!
Hey pj what's the deal with evan??? Did he get fired because of u??
w

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2015, 10:11:00 AM »
coming from a guy who sold fake GH, then wanted to sell his bullshit "waterlyze" or whatever the fuck it was called, dave can go suck a fat cock...
?

ether

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2015, 10:22:43 AM »
coming from a guy who sold fake GH, then wanted to sell his bullshit "waterlyze" or whatever the fuck it was called, dave can go suck a fat cock...

He is no saint, but when a pre-workout stimulant by the same company is called "angel dust" (Phencyclidine, commonly initialized as PCP and known colloquially as Angel Dust) you can't help but wonder.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2015, 10:27:02 AM »
He is no saint, but when a pre-workout stimulant by the same company is called "angel dust" (Phencyclidine, commonly initialized as PCP and known colloquially as Angel Dust) you can't help but wonder.

And is why I have not touched any of those products as I trust them as far as I can throw them. (I totally throw like a girl...)
?

stavios

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2015, 10:47:23 AM »
lol at someone who did time for selling fake HGH calling something or someone a scam  ;D

pj braun

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • Owner Prime Nutrition & Blackstone Labs
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2015, 11:07:10 AM »
If Dave really said that, I'd be very disappointed in him, and suggest he spend more time trying to right the sinking ship that is Species, and less time thinking about others.

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2015, 11:12:59 AM »
Pj why is primes motto the same as Mercedes?
w

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2015, 11:16:20 AM »
A supplement which is a scam, huge shocker there! :o

Who else can you trust these days, I always trusted supp companies like I trust my doctor and lawyer. :-\

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2015, 11:20:02 AM »
Palumbo concluded that intra-MD is "all advertising" "a scam" designed to "get more of your money" and have "no scientific merit whatsoever."

Unless you were a cyclist is "completely useless" and is counterproductive, "shunting blood from your muscles to your digestive system".

Physiologically he is actually correct.

Would be interesting to know what the "President" of Primenutrition thinks about this.

The only two popular bodybuilding supplements to have any scientific merit are Creatine and Glutamine. Both supplements have been studied by universities/colleges across the country. More importantly, they have been studied under randomized control trials and have been published in peer-reviewed journals. Thus, these are really the only two supplements with sound scientific evidence.

PJ Braun's company and other supplement companies do not test their supplements under such strict conditions. They mix a bunch of shit together and say, "It works." However, they have no scientific evidence that their supplements actually work. It's all a crap-shoot. And if the supplements do appear to work, there are too many confounding variables to assert that the results are due to their supplement.

I mean, do you really think Olympic lifters are taking PJ's supplements? lol. No. These athletes are working with professionals who are ensuring anything they stick into their athletes body is proven to work via science.

Supplement companies like PJ's prey on vulnerable teenagers who think the are going to look like ronnie coleman by taking their supplements. Good thing getbiggers know better.  :) :D :D
X

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
  • King of Cybex Glute Machine
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2015, 11:20:56 AM »
i know about creatine but what does glutamine do?

affeman

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2015, 11:27:14 AM »
The only two popular bodybuilding supplements to have any scientific merit are Creatine and Glutamine. Both supplements have been studied by universities/colleges across the country. More importantly, they have been studied under randomized control trials and have been published in peer-reviewed journals. Thus, these are really the only two supplements with sound scientific evidence.

Any study which has shown a positive effect of glutamine (recovery, immune system, GH release etc.) was based on the intravenous administration of Glutamine. The oral administration of L-glutamine is completely useless, as it can't even pass your digestive system (gets destroyed at the gastric mucosa) and never ever reaches a muscle cell. It's a 100 % scientific evidence that the oral administration of L-Glutamine is completely useless. (same goes for L-Carnitine, which was sold as a "fatburner" for many years lol)

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2015, 11:31:02 AM »
i know about creatine but what does glutamine do?
helps with recovery (soreness also) reduces recovery time and helps alleviates muscle soreness

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2015, 11:33:52 AM »
Any study which has shown a positive effect of glutamine (recovery, immune system, GH release etc.) was based on the intravenous administration of Glutamine. The oral administration of L-glutamine is completely useless, as it can't even pass your digestive system (gets destroyed at the gastric mucosa) and never ever reaches a muscle cell. It's a 100 % scientific evidence that the oral administration of L-Glutamine is completely useless. (same goes for L-Carnitine, which was sold as a "fatburner" for many years lol)

Effect of oral glutamine on whole body carbohydrate storage during recovery from exhaustive exercise

J. L. Bowtell , K. Gelly , M. L. Jackman , A. Patel , M. Simeoni , M. J. Rennie
Journal of Applied PhysiologyPublished 1 June 1999Vol. 86no. 6, 1770-1777DOI:

The purpose of this study was to determine the efficacy of glutamine in promoting whole body carbohydrate storage and muscle glycogen resynthesis during recovery from exhaustive exercise. Postabsorptive subjects completed a glycogen-depleting exercise protocol, then consumed 330 ml of one of three drinks, 18.5% (wt/vol) glucose polymer solution, 8 g glutamine in 330 ml glucose polymer solution, or 8 g glutamine in 330 ml placebo, and also received a primed constant infusion of [1-13C]glucose for 2 h. Plasma glutamine concentration was increased after consumption of the glutamine drinks (0.7–1.1 mM,P < 0.05). In the second hour of recovery, whole body nonoxidative glucose disposal was increased by 25% after consumption of glutamine in addition to the glucose polymer (4.48 ± 0.61 vs. 3.59 ± 0.18 mmol/kg,P < 0.05). Oral glutamine alone promoted storage of muscle glycogen to an extent similar to oral glucose polymer. Ingestion of glutamine and glucose polymer together promoted the storage of carbohydrate outside of skeletal muscle, the most feasible site being the liver.
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2015, 11:36:15 AM »

Am J Clin Nutr May 1995 vol. 61 no. 5 1058-1061

Increased plasma bicarbonate and growth hormone after an oral glutamine load.

An oral glutamine load was administered to nine healthy subjects to determine the effect on plasma glutamine, bicarbonate, and circulating growth hormone concentrations. Two grams glutamine were dissolved in a cola drink and ingested over a 20-min period 45 min after a light breakfast. Forearm venous blood samples were obtained at zero time and at 30-min intervals for 90 min and compared with time controls obtained 1 wk earlier. Eight of nine subjects responded to the oral glutamine load with an increase in plasma glutamine at 30 and 60 min before returning to the control value at 90 min. Ninety minutes after the glutamine administration load both plasma bicarbonate concentration and circulating plasma growth hormone concentration were elevated. These findings demonstrate that a surprisingly small oral glutamine load is capable of elevating alkaline reserves as well as plasma growth hormone.
X

Neymar Barca

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2015, 11:50:15 AM »
If Dave really said that, I'd be very disappointed in him, and suggest he spend more time trying to right the sinking ship that is Species, and less time thinking about others.
listen to the last HMR show,he said that maybe cause he is jelaous of you and aaron

affeman

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2015, 11:50:50 AM »
Am J Clin Nutr May 1995 vol. 61 no. 5 1058-1061

Increased plasma bicarbonate and growth hormone after an oral glutamine load.

An oral glutamine load was administered to nine healthy subjects to determine the effect on plasma glutamine, bicarbonate, and circulating growth hormone concentrations. Two grams glutamine were dissolved in a cola drink and ingested over a 20-min period 45 min after a light breakfast. Forearm venous blood samples were obtained at zero time and at 30-min intervals for 90 min and compared with time controls obtained 1 wk earlier. Eight of nine subjects responded to the oral glutamine load with an increase in plasma glutamine at 30 and 60 min before returning to the control value at 90 min. Ninety minutes after the glutamine administration load both plasma bicarbonate concentration and circulating plasma growth hormone concentration were elevated. These findings demonstrate that a surprisingly small oral glutamine load is capable of elevating alkaline reserves as well as plasma growth hormone.

lol A study with 9 subjects from 1995, I'm impressed. I wonder why they still produce and administer synthetic GH these days, they should put all the patients on PJs L-Glutamine powder instead, no syringes and way cheaper :D

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2015, 12:03:19 PM »
lol A study with 9 subjects from 1995, I'm impressed. I wonder why they still produce and administer synthetic GH these days, they should put all the patients on PJs L-Glutamine powder instead, no syringes and way cheaper :D

You made a claim that there were no studies that examined oral administration of glumatine.

I provided the evidence. Now you backpeddle.

You never put parameters around what sort of studies should be examined (from a certain year, institution, sample size, etc).

You should have defined you parameters more thoroughly, than just stating, "There are no studies that link oral administration of glutamine to successful outcome."

Thus, you made a statement, and I provided evidence contrary to your statement.

Pretty straightforward.

As for PJ's supplements, most of them are useless crap, as most other supplement products are. Science has clearly shown what works and what doesn't work in terms of GH, slin, steroids, supplements in healthy and unhealthy patients. Prime nutrition is worthless.
X

Trapper_Slapper

• Getbig IV
  • Clean and Jerks pull the bitches!
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2015, 01:35:00 PM »
You made a claim that there were no studies that examined oral administration of glumatine.

I provided the evidence. Now you backpeddle.

You never put parameters around what sort of studies should be examined (from a certain year, institution, sample size, etc).

You should have defined you parameters more thoroughly, than just stating, "There are no studies that link oral administration of glutamine to successful outcome."

Thus, you made a statement, and I provided evidence contrary to your statement.

Pretty straightforward.

As for PJ's supplements, most of them are useless crap, as most other supplement products are. Science has clearly shown what works and what doesn't work in terms of GH, slin, steroids, supplements in healthy and unhealthy patients. Prime nutrition is worthless.

8)

Robgun1

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2015, 03:00:56 PM »
Remember when you used to kiss Daves ass?   

ether

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2015, 03:06:34 PM »

http://www.rxmuscle.com/video/ask-dave/12002-new-ask-dave-premieres-thursday-at-6-pm-est.html

19:00

His argument makes sense physiologically, fight or flight response shunts blood AWAY from the GI system.

Also, he said this while sitting behind a wall of Species products  ;D

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
  • King of Cybex Glute Machine
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2015, 03:11:12 PM »
ive never seen species supplements in a store, is it good stuff?

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2015, 03:16:59 PM »
ive never seen species supplements in a store, is it good stuff?

They have some decent stuff....nothing really revolutionary though

ether

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2015, 03:19:21 PM »
They have some decent stuff....nothing really revolutionary though

As full of shit as Palumbo is, his product was not on the protein spiking list.

Some vindication i'm sure.