Author Topic: Proud and Loud Athiests  (Read 37360 times)

Ron Harrigan

Re: Proud and Loud Athiests
« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2015, 08:48:25 AM »
So now you bigot imbecile try to tell me what bible I should read? Please explain how we sinners would find a right one among the thousands of different versions, which all have millions of bigot idiots as followers? Is this how your god shows his mighty, he let every fucking assclown put up his own denomination, write his own version of bible, and spread any given bullshit as religion? In your bible is written that gods word is law, and it should be obeyed..but which god? Allah, Buddha, Vishnu, Akal Purakh, Jehova, Bahá'í, Elohim or Shàngdì? They are all god's with billions of followers, so how you will be so fucking sure that you are believing at the right version? Because you believe you are, and I believe you are wrong. In fact, I believe you are an idiot  ;D

Zhe ge shang di qi shi zhi shi ying yu de God. Ni zhen de shi ge da bai chi yin wei ni gen ben bu ming bai zheng ge tian di zhi you yi ge shang di. Zhi you yi ge. Ni li bu li jie? In other words, "shang di" is merely the Mandarin equivalent of God, and you are a dunce for not knowing the difference between God and gods (idols, fakes). Are you able to at least apprehend as much?

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2015, 08:49:56 AM »
Some of you people on here are absolutely fucked in the head. Out of the billions of galaxies that exist out there, made up of billions of stars, with billions of planets surrounding them, you really believe in some book someone read to you as a child? That when you die you will go to heaven or hell? How can you be sure what happens? Just be a good person, you don't need a god for that.
http://twistedsifter.com/2012/10/putting-the-size-of-the-observable-universe-in-perspective/

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
  • King of Cybex Glute Machine
« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2015, 08:52:18 AM »
Some of you people on here are absolutely fucked in the head. Out of the billions of galaxies that exist out there, made up of billions of stars, with billions of planets surrounding them, you really believe in some book someone read to you as a child? That when you die you will go to heaven or hell? How can you be sure what happens? Just be a good person, you don't need a god for that.
http://twistedsifter.com/2012/10/putting-the-size-of-the-observable-universe-in-perspective/

what if heaven is just another name of returning to getbig with mod status? i bet that would make you a believer

Ron Harrigan

« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2015, 08:54:44 AM »

That book is the truth, the Good Book. Everything the Bible says is verified fact so cease from running from reality. The staggering span of the universe only serves to attest the puissance of the Creator, and His wrath shall descend upon your puny mortal frame if you reject Him and His laws. Only evil people deny their own Maker; it is impossible to be a "good person" without God.

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2015, 09:01:19 AM »
Everything the Bible says is verified fact so cease from running from reality.

Cableguy

• Getbig IV
  • Cableguy no longer...
« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2015, 09:03:18 AM »
Geez, here we go again. These threads are pointless...

Ron Harrigan

« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2015, 09:04:50 AM »
If it is nonsense, it would be easy to prove it is.

Yes, exactly. That is why evolution was debunked by science ages ago. Try to keep up, will you?

THE ABSURD NOTION OF BIOLOGICAL EVOLUTION, ESPECIALLY FROM NON-LIVING AND MINDLESS CHEMICAL ELEMENTS, DEFIES THESE SCIENTIFIC LAWS, PRINCIPLES OR THEOREMS:
1st & 2nd LAW OF THERMODYNAMICS [CONSERVATION OF ENERGY; EVER INCREASING ENTROPY/BIOLOGICAL ENTROPY RESP.]
LAW OF BIOGENESIS [LIFE FROM NONLIVING IS IMPOSSIBLE I.E. ABIOGENESIS]
INFORMATION SCIENCE & THEOREMS
MENDELIAN GENETICS
BREEDING LIMITATIONS [VARIATION LIMITED TO WITHIN KIND, NO CROSS BREEDING BETWEEN KINDS]
HALDANE'S DILEMMA
CHEMICAL LAWS

Ron Harrigan

« Reply #57 on: January 22, 2015, 09:07:03 AM »

The facts. The opposite of reality (which I told you) is nonsense, wherein you believe. Keep your head in the sand. The real world is too frightening for you.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #58 on: January 22, 2015, 09:08:04 AM »
Yes, exactly. That is why evolution was debunked by science ages ago. Try to keep up, will you?

THE ABSURD NOTION OF BIOLOGICAL EVOLUTION, ESPECIALLY FROM NON-LIVING AND MINDLESS CHEMICAL ELEMENTS, DEFIES THESE SCIENTIFIC LAWS, PRINCIPLES OR THEOREMS:
1st & 2nd LAW OF THERMODYNAMICS [CONSERVATION OF ENERGY; EVER INCREASING ENTROPY/BIOLOGICAL ENTROPY RESP.]
LAW OF BIOGENESIS [LIFE FROM NONLIVING IS IMPOSSIBLE I.E. ABIOGENESIS]
INFORMATION SCIENCE & THEOREMS
MENDELIAN GENETICS
BREEDING LIMITATIONS [VARIATION LIMITED TO WITHIN KIND, NO CROSS BREEDING BETWEEN KINDS]
HALDANE'S DILEMMA
CHEMICAL LAWS

Why such a sour puss on your face?  :'( :'( :'(

X

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: January 22, 2015, 10:09:52 AM »
Athiests.

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: January 22, 2015, 10:12:14 AM »
The facts. The opposite of reality (which I told you) is nonsense, wherein you believe. Keep your head in the sand. The real world is too frightening for you.
You've got to be a troll. I can't believe anyone would be this dumb. But then again you never know.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #61 on: January 22, 2015, 10:26:08 AM »
You've got to be a troll. I can't believe anyone would be this dumb. But then again you never know.

DING! DING! DING! 

We have a winner!!   What do we have for him Johnny?!

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: January 22, 2015, 10:48:36 AM »
I stopped reading at prove it. I'm not getting into proving there's a God on an internet board.  You can believe what you want.  I honestly don't care.  I feel sorry for you burning in hell for stupidity, that's as much as you'll get from me.  This book, my people's book is here for a reason.  You don't want to believe and believe all these stupid theories of evolution and big bang, with zero proof, have fun.  Don't say you weren't warned.   Majority of the people on this planet believe in a higher being, atheists are the stupidest people on this planet by far.  You all deserve what's coming.  Good riddance.

which is a very common reaction among believers when faced with anything that doesn't support their belief. Which is the very reason religious beliefs have survived this long....

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: January 22, 2015, 11:05:09 AM »
LOL!! This thread isn't legitimate folks. 

It's an atheist baiting believers with a Christian gimmick (Ron Harrigan) and attracting other atheists for idiotic discussion. 

Atheist: "Religion kills."
Ron Harrigan:  "Oh poor chap, you'll burn in hell."

C'mon already....stop feeding the troll!!!

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: January 22, 2015, 11:15:29 AM »
Funny how atheists spend a lot of their time trying to prove the non existence of something that never existed.

LittleJ

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: January 22, 2015, 11:24:41 AM »
MOS, do you think God wanted Russell Wilson to go to the Super Bowl more than Aaron Rodgers?

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: January 22, 2015, 11:27:46 AM »
Funny how atheists spend a lot of their time trying to prove the non existence of something that never existed.

No, the atheist proposition is that they aren't required to prove or disprove anything.  They place the burden of proof on the theist who makes the initial and/or affirmative claim.

All atheism represents is a lack of belief in God or gods due to the rejection of all available evidence.  Further claims of insufficient evidence (in spite of their presuppositions) or a claim of a "total lack of any evidence whatsoever" (this statement often peppered with references to "flying spaghetti monsters", "storybooks written by ancient goat herders", "fairytales", "how did Noah get every species in the ark" and "the man in the clouds") is par for the course in this type of "discourse".

Some atheists go a step further claiming that all people are atheists.  Given that theists believe in their God and reject all other gods they are deemed atheists towards all other gods.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #67 on: January 22, 2015, 11:30:41 AM »
No, the atheist proposition is that they aren't required to prove or disprove anything.  They place the burden of proof on the theist who makes the initial and/or affirmative claim.

All atheism represents is a lack of belief in God or gods due to the rejection of all available evidence.  Further claims of insufficient evidence (in spite of their presuppositions) or a claim of a "total lack of any evidence whatsoever" (this statement often peppered with references to "flying spaghetti monsters", "storybooks written by ancient goat herders", "fairytales" and "the man in the clouds") is par for the course in this type of "discourse".

Well, that is the way it works. If I say I have a cure cancer, do I have to prove the cure works? Or does another scientist have to prove that the cure doesn't work?  ??? ??? Of course its the former and not the latter. Why would anyone have to prove a negative? It makes absolutely no sense to try and prove a negative. It accomplishes nothing.
X

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: January 22, 2015, 11:36:09 AM »

All atheism represents is a lack of belief in God or gods due to the rejection of all available evidence.  Further claims of insufficient evidence (in spite of their presuppositions) or a claim of a "total lack of any evidence whatsoever" (this statement often peppered with references to "flying spaghetti monsters", "storybooks written by ancient goat herders", "fairytales", "how did Noah get every species in the ark" and "the man in the clouds") is par for the course in this type of "discourse".

Some atheists go a step further claiming that all people are atheists.  Given that theists believe in their God and reject all other gods they are deemed atheists towards all other gods.

well said

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: January 22, 2015, 11:46:06 AM »
Well, that is the way it works. If I say I have a cure cancer, do I have to prove the cure works? Or does another scientist have to prove that the cure doesn't work?  ??? ??? Of course its the former and not the latter. Why would anyone have to prove a negative? It makes absolutely no sense to try and prove a negative. It accomplishes nothing.
Actually the notion of proving that something doesn't work or is false is an element of peer review within the scientific method, but proving an initial negative claim is typically not something that is done.

Lawrence Krauss repeatedly affirms "that's how we do science".  

Scientists spend a great deal of time attempting to disprove the affirmative claims made by other scientists so that all bases are covered prior to deeming a new discovery, methodology or principle sound.

The breakdown for "science" it that is demands that the scientific method of proof be utilized for a state that transcends time and space....God transcends the naturalistic world therefore he can't be reproduced in lab or reproduced in a beaker or test tube.  

Scientists are steadfast in attempting to review all angles of a naturalistic proposition, but "natural" is where it stops.  Certainly cosmologists and physicists will entertain the notion of metaphysical conditions, but they conform that seemingly transcendent condition to their naturalistic perspective.  In essence, what you assume to be true will sometimes be proven to be true if all you seek is what you want to be true.  

Ask the scientific community to proactively follow the lead of a theist to test the scriptural claims of the transcendent God and laughter ensues; yet, the scientific community demands that the scientific method be followed and naturalistic evidence for a transcendent God be provided.    

I don't personally know how to overcome that.  

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: January 22, 2015, 11:53:28 AM »
MOS, do you think God wanted Russell Wilson to go to the Super Bowl more than Aaron Rodgers?

yes

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: January 22, 2015, 12:00:42 PM »
Man of Steel do you consider a Buddhist in deep meditation chanting the sutras, a yogi sitting in lotus posture in the Himalayas in deep meditation, a native american chief imbibed with peyote singing his sacred songs, a sufi whirling dervish, a Christian mystic in his hermitage sitting in utter silence.... to be experiencing Christ?

Or does Christ only come in to ones life when you say " Lord Jesus I accept you in to my heart, I am a sinner, save me"

It would be arrogant of me to say I know all of the ways that God manifests himself to other folks, but given the examples of the Buddhist, yogi and high native American chief  I would assume they aren’t seeking the will of the risen God in Jesus Christ.

I wouldn’t think that the sufi is seeking Jesus Christ either, but don’t know enough about Sufism to make that claim.

The Christian mystic….I don’t really know what this is so I can’t talk to it.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: January 22, 2015, 12:17:15 PM »
Actually the notion of proving that something doesn't work or is false is an element of peer review within the scientific method, but proving an initial negative claim is typically not something that is done.

Lawrence Krauss repeatedly affirms "that's how we do science".  

Scientists spend a great deal of time attempting to disprove the affirmative claims made by other scientists so that all bases are covered prior to deeming a new discovery, methodology or principle sound.

The breakdown for "science" it that is demands that the scientific method of proof be utilized for a state that transcends time and space....God transcends the naturalistic world therefore he can't be reproduced in lab or reproduced in a beaker or test tube.  

Scientists are steadfast in attempting to review all angles of a naturalistic proposition, but "natural" is where it stops.  Certainly cosmologists and physicists will entertain the notion of metaphysical conditions, but they conform that seemingly transcendent condition to their naturalistic perspective.  In essence, what you assume to be true will sometimes be proven to be true if all you seek is what you want to be true.  

Ask the scientific community to proactively follow the lead of a theist to test the scriptural claims of the transcendent God and laughter ensues; yet, the scientific community demands that the scientific method be followed and naturalistic evidence for a transcendent God be provided.    

I don't personally know how to overcome that.  

So there is a good chance purple elephants orbit saturn on tricycles?

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: January 22, 2015, 12:23:53 PM »
So there is a good chance purple elephants orbit saturn on tricycles?

Well, like I said, I can lead you to Jesus Christ, but you can simply choose not to follow and demand naturalistic evidence via the scientific method for the naturalistic world for the transcendent God.

I've said it time and again....you must come to God on his terms as outlined in scripture.  You're free to live your life however you choose, but when you approach God you then forgo your will and abide by his.

Can you lead me to the purple elephants orbiting saturn on tricycles?   If you can I would absolutely love to follow because that sounds awesome!

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: January 22, 2015, 12:30:35 PM »
Well, like I said, I can lead you to Jesus Christ, but you can simply choose not to follow and demand naturalistic evidence via the scientific method for the naturalistic world.

I've said it time and again....you must come to God on his terms as outlined in scripture.

Can you lead me to the purple elephants orbiting saturn on tricycles?   If you can I would absolutely love to follow because that sounds awesome!

Certainly... all you have to do is this... pray to them  this prayer "Dear Elephant cyclists, I am a lowly sinner and I accept you into my heart as your cycling Saturn has paid my debt, Thank you Purple Elephant beings"

That's it..