Author Topic: Sevatase is actually a very strong mofo, benches as much as a prime Kovacs  (Read 2801 times)

Bam-bam

• Getbig V
Dude does 4 plates for reps, super impressive:

On the other hand, Kovacs, at his peak, would go 4 plates on the smith machine at most (and never was seen doing a flat free barbell).

Sev = beast.

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
Sev's a strong guy no doubt.

However, I remember OTH saying he's personally seen Kovacs bench +400lbs (on a free bar) like it was nothing.
MuscleTech may have exaggerated his strength to help sell their shit, but the dude was a behemoth.

Bam-bam

• Getbig V
Sev's a strong guy no doubt.

However, I remember OTH saying he's personally seen Kovacs bench +400lbs (on a free bar) like it was nothing.
MuscleTech may have exaggerated his strength to help sell their shit, but the dude was a behemoth.

its BS. The higher kovacs would go was 4 plates on the incline smith machine. Very pussyish poundage for a man on his stack.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
its BS. The higher kovacs would go was 4 plates on the incline smith machine. Very pussyish poundage for a man on his stack.

I think that at a certain point; the guys on the huge stacks actually have to reduce their poundages.... Or they will tear a pec, tear a bicep ect....

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s

I think that at a certain point; the guys on the huge stacks actually have to reduce their poundages.... Or they will tear a pec, tear a bicep ect....

Not levrone, guy tears his pec comes back and still reps 405, 455, and 500 one to 2 wks out from contest...

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth

I don't know but Onetimehard is a straight up, respected poster here and this is what he claimed.

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
On the other hand, Kovacs, at his peak, would go 4 plates on the smith machine at most (and never was seen doing a flat free barbell).

Sev = beast.

Kovacs did 6 plates incline on the smith machine, the heaviest smith machine benchpress ever taped on video.

(2:30)

Bam-bam

• Getbig V
Kovacs did 6 plates incline on the smith machine, the heaviest smith machine benchpress ever taped on video.

(2:30)

they show him loading 6 plates but the most he does is 5 if you watch carefully afterwards (so the max is 5, not 4 - I stand corrected). 5 plates plates on a smith machine translates to much less in a free barbell.

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
they show him loading 6 plates but the most he does is 5 if you watch carefully afterwards (so the max is 5, not 4 - I stand corrected). 5 plates plates on a smith machine translates to much less in a free barbell.

Actually myself and a lotta guys I know bench more on a free barbell than on the smith machine. Probably as you can us a lotta more supporting muscle groups compared to the locked movement of the smith machine.

How many guys you know who can bench 4 plates on the smith machine, I know hardly anyone.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
Is "prime Kovacs" used as some kind of strength benchmark, or rather -- more likely -- a benchmark for "non-functional muscle?"

FFS, the stories abound about of Kovacs not being able to do the following things even once: a pull-up, a dip, wiping his ass.

HonestBob

• Getbig IV
Re: Sevatase is actually a very strong mofo, benches as much as a prime Kovacs
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2015, 06:12:29 AM »
Actually myself and a lotta guys I know bench more on a free barbell than on the smith machine. Probably as you can us a lotta more supporting muscle groups compared to the locked movement of the smith machine.

How many guys you know who can bench 4 plates on the smith machine, I know hardly anyone.

This post is utter gibberish.  I hope that you are a beginner.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
Re: Sevatase is actually a very strong mofo, benches as much as a prime Kovacs
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2015, 06:17:23 AM »
I bench 135 these days  :D

My bench was good for my weight there 217 lbs

Kovacks benched 600 on the smith with ease ..a different galaxy from me