Author Topic: Exactly what we've been saying on this board....Royal Rumble  (Read 135754 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Exactly what we've been saying on this board....Royal Rumble
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2015, 06:55:12 PM »
http://tmi.kotaku.com/we-want-refunds-why-pro-wrestling-fans-are-so-angry-1681915988/+stephentotilo

Bryan had his magic run last year. Reigns won Superstar of the year. Why shouldn't he get the Rumble match win?

I know they want to make Bryan a world beater again. But this IS the same guy that Sheamus beat for the World title, in less time than it took me to pour my son some apple juice.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2015, 07:53:26 PM »
Bryan vs Lesnar is the money match, it's perfect David vs Goliath, it writes itself almost and means creative would have to work harder than usual to screw it up...  :-\ 

Reigns vs Lesnar could probably be a good match as well, but he's going to have to put a lot of work into his promos over the next couple of months to sell the match to people.  And he's now got to try and win back the crowd as well.  It'd be easier at this point to just turn Brock face and let the fans boo Reigns all they want.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2015, 08:04:46 PM »
Bryan vs Lesnar is the money match, it's perfect David vs Goliath, it writes itself almost and means creative would have to work harder than usual to screw it up...  :-\ 

Reigns vs Lesnar could probably be a good match as well, but he's going to have to put a lot of work into his promos over the next couple of months to sell the match to people.  And he's now got to try and win back the crowd as well.  It'd be easier at this point to just turn Brock face and let the fans boo Reigns all they want.

The David v. Goliath thing has been done to death. Heck, Bryan did that last year, beating Helmsley, Orton, and Batista in one night with a bum shoulder.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2015, 08:34:17 PM »
Bryan had his magic run last year. Reigns won Superstar of the year. Why shouldn't he get the Rumble match win?

I know they want to make Bryan a world beater again. But this IS the same guy that Sheamus beat for the World title, in less time than it took me to pour my son some apple juice.

Besides, now that they castrated 'Taker, let's see if Bryan can be the guy to make that "other" main event match, the way the Deadman did.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2015, 02:48:48 AM »
The David v. Goliath thing has been done to death.

So has everything in wrestling. That's just one more reason why nothing means anything anymore.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2015, 12:56:28 PM »

So has everything in wrestling. That's just one more reason why nothing means anything anymore.

X2

I think the real issue remains they keep toying with the fans. When the shield first hit they got over, Roman was HOT it was clear he was a star. When time went on it was also clear he was the least polished of the 3, on every level. Meanwhile Rollins and Ambrosia connected with the crowd.

In the past the WWE's model had been to create a slow burn to get a guy to the top,  think Austins run, or Brett Hart's mid card run to surprise title,  or Jeff Hardy or Punk. Think of how they used Ryback, despite his work/talent, they got him over then tore him down; now he's slowly getting over again.  

Now look at Roman. He's been pushed, got over and now exposed, but still being pushed. Last year he could have won the rumble and it would have gotten over with the universe. They used last year to set up this year (But he got hurt and when he came back the crowd didnt seem to care as much). Because of that the brass thought this year was going to be perfect for him but the crowd has decided differently.

They have to be willing to listen to the crowd like they used to (Rock vs HHH SS ladder match, HHH was supposed to start his run there but the Rock was the winner despite losing the IC title, and they went with him).

If they want Reigns fine but embrace what he is, hated. They did it with the Rock just replay it here.

Also I like how the #cancelwwenetwork was addressed with 1 million subscriptions. Classic trolling Vince.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2015, 08:02:17 PM »
The David v. Goliath thing has been done to death. Heck, Bryan did that last year, beating Helmsley, Orton, and Batista in one night with a bum shoulder.

It has been done before, and it'll be done again, simply because it works.  The whole point of wrestling is to get the crowd emotionally involved in the show, make them come along to the events, buy the PPV's, buy the merch.  (And in WWE's case, keep the stock price up...!)  They've already got everyone invested in Bryan, he's more over than anyone else in the company, the fans want to see him do well, to see the underdog win.  Yes, they did it last year at WM, but then he got injured and had to relinquish the title.

Letting him scrap with Lesnar at WM, and potentially win back the title he never lost is the perfect story, right along with the happy ending.  Nobody goes to the cinema to see the hero fail and die at the end of the movie, you go to see them succeed, to overcome the odds.

That all said, Reigns did very well last night in the sit down interviews, I was impressed with him.  Him and Brock could be a great match, but Vince/HHH's decision has made his job so much harder now, when it didn't need to be.  They knew that the fans would react that way, why else would they have dragged Rock into it, so that shows that they deliberately went against the fans. 

Maybe they've got something up their sleeve?  Or maybe they're just a pair of stubborn SOB's who don't like to admit they got it wrong...

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2015, 08:03:30 PM »
Great point ..
Vince trying to crap on the pissed of fans..
Came out at the right time he had 1 million subscribers...
Wonder if it will backfire ::)

goku

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2015, 09:33:45 AM »
the thing that irritates me and all the fans i think isn't just Bryan being kept down, but Ambrose, Ziggler and Wyatt too.

these guys all have years of hard graft and struggle behind them, all have worked their ass off to get where they're at - all top tier wrestlers, the best at what they do and all have put work into their characters which are genuine and appealing.

then Reigns gets pushed ahead of them?? i like him a lot but he's not on their level in terms of skill or character development. he needed time to develop the character he begun with, instead the WWE have turned him into the new Cena.
he's now going to be seen as Vince's blue eyed boy.

they're trying to be clever using his family history to win over the fans, its doing the opposite!!
people may now see him as the guy who's had everything handed to him!
Daniel Bryan dropped a very clever line in his Raw promo - said he's happy for Reigns despite him having the Rock helping him and the WWE feeding him since he was a kid!

http://talksport.com/wwe/daniel-bryan-admits-he-failed-royal-rumble-he-takes-swipe-winner-roman-reigns-150127134035

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2015, 02:14:17 PM »
I am on the fence with Lesnar v Reigns.....neither one can call a match...may be a stinker ala Goldberg v Lesnar at WM years ago.

Only way this is interesting if Heyman turns on Lesnar and backs reigns..

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2015, 06:13:31 PM »
Mark my words...Seth is the next guy. He has the "it" factor that Reigns lacks and he can talk. I think DB will somehow face Brock as stated in the earlier post with DB somehow winning (maybe some outside interference) and Seth cashing in. Heyman to join Seth shortly after on Raw....but hey...plans change like I change my underwear.

"Quote the Raven....Never more ".

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2015, 06:01:12 PM »
WWE had backed themselves into a corner. Reigns is walking out of Wrestlemania (regardless if he wins or not) as a heel.

He beats Daniel Bryan at Fastlane....instant heel. People want to cheer Brock.

Most faces/stars are made organically, Austin, Rock etc. By WWE stating last year Reigns was the next chosen one, people rebelled. Fans want Bryan BUT with his injury record WWE is prob afraid to give him the strap.

My advice, watch NXT or Lucha Underground.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2015, 03:26:47 PM »
Mark my words...Seth is the next guy. He has the "it" factor that Reigns lacks and he can talk. I think DB will somehow face Brock as stated in the earlier post with DB somehow winning (maybe some outside interference) and Seth cashing in. Heyman to join Seth shortly after on Raw....but hey...plans change like I change my underwear.

"Quote the Raven....Never more ".
just a few years ago rollins was losing to awesome kong in the undies... ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
F

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2015, 03:31:43 PM »
just a few years ago rollins was losing to awesome kong in the undies... ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

"Undies..."  ;D

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2015, 12:28:34 PM »

She (as Kharma) elminated Dolph Ziggler in the Royal Rumble. A year later, Ziggy ends up World champion....after cashing MITB on Del Rio after WrestleMania.

And look at Bryan. Three years ago, Sheamus beat him for the World title in 18 seconds. Now, he beaten Cena for the WWE title and won both titles by mowing through 3/4ths of Evolution in one night.

To top it all off, Khali went from beating the Undertaker like a red-headed stepchild in 2006 to getting eliminated from the Rumble by Beth Phoenix. And she almost eliminated the "Best in the World" in that same Rumble.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2015, 07:14:29 PM »
That's ok...people believe wrestling is actually real out ther (and on here too) so wins and loses are actually taken for real.  :o