Author Topic: American Sniper - Truth or a Lie?  (Read 13257 times)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Re: American Sniper - Truth or a Lie?
« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2015, 07:37:35 PM »

I agree.

Very strange how people will always imbue some sort of divide, when its quite clear that Chris Kyle was not all there, before or after the war. Its actually quite sad to see someone like that.
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2015, 07:39:26 PM »
This

So many simple people think its this imaginary "conservative vs Liberal" thing like its a football game and people can either be one or the other lol. What a prehistoric way of thinking, things are not black and white like this at all.

I love violence myself, but to envy some guy and call him a hero because he entered another nation and killed its countrymen on their own land , then call anyone who doesn't agree with that a fucking "liberal", like calling them 'unamerican or non patriotic' in their own little way, almost as to indicate a failure lol.  Such a non forward redneck simpleton way of thinking that should be beaten to death along with all religion.

The bigger issue is that Chris Kyle probably came back after the war with more problems than before he went in. And I just read that the government is now cutting some programs/funding for the VA or something like that. Don't know the exact details.

So, instead of Americans caring about the huge issue of our troops coming back totally screwed up (mentally and physically), coupled with government cuts, all they can care about is praising his movie and book. All they care is that he killed a bunch of people. But where are these same people protesting against government cuts? Where are these people advocating for better military care after the troops come home all fucked up? Not around. They only care that he killed. Once he's home, forget him and his care. Seems like these same red-blooded, die hard, wave flagging Americans are nowhere to be found.  ::) ::) Most of the people who continue to advocate for good VA care are past ex-military personnel. The average American who was waving their flag when Chris Kyle was killing is now MIA.  ::) ::) Very patriotic.  :-\ :-\
X

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2015, 06:32:07 PM »
The bigger issue is that Chris Kyle probably came back after the war with more problems than before he went in. And I just read that the government is now cutting some programs/funding for the VA or something like that. Don't know the exact details.

So, instead of Americans caring about the huge issue of our troops coming back totally screwed up (mentally and physically), coupled with government cuts, all they can care about is praising his movie and book. All they care is that he killed a bunch of people. But where are these same people protesting against government cuts? Where are these people advocating for better military care after the troops come home all fucked up? Not around. They only care that he killed. Once he's home, forget him and his care. Seems like these same red-blooded, die hard, wave flagging Americans are nowhere to be found.  ::) ::) Most of the people who continue to advocate for good VA care are past ex-military personnel. The average American who was waving their flag when Chris Kyle was killing is now MIA.  ::) ::) Very patriotic.  :-\ :-\

This is so fucking true its sad.

Its all about the media, they spout off about him being a hero and the people regurgitate it like zombies without even thinking about all  the repercussions you just mentioned. Yeah , real fucking patriotic  ::) more like brainwashed sheep who have no idea why the hell they're even praising the guy, when really, its from the media telling them to, ever since they were old enough to watch TV.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2015, 06:38:31 PM »
I'm beginning to think Chris Kyle wasn't that bright

“Chris Kyle was sitting in the driver’s seat on his telephone and he texted Chad Littlefield, sitting right next to him, he texted him, ‘This dude is straight up nuts,’” Moore told jurors.

Littlefield reportedly responded, “He’s right behind me, watch my six,” using the military slang for “cover me from behind.”

If you thought a guy was "straight up nuts" would you give him access to a loaded gun and turn your back on him

I sure as shit wouldn't

WTF ?

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2015, 06:45:22 PM »

Don't recall that Kyle was neglected when he got home. He was helping others. Seems his murderer was the one who needed help. "Help" meaning a bullet, of course.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2015, 06:52:19 PM »
Don't recall that Kyle was neglected when he got home. He was helping others. Seems his murderer was the one who needed help. "Help" meaning a bullet, of course.

I am not going to get into it, but you missed the whole point of my post.
X

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2015, 06:53:48 PM »
I am not going to get into it, but you missed the whole point of my post.

You already got into it, then deleted that shit.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #57 on: February 24, 2015, 06:54:45 PM »
You already got into it, then deleted that shit.

Eh, its not worth it. No one is going to change their mind on getbig anyway.
X

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2015, 07:16:15 PM »
I'm beginning to think Chris Kyle wasn't that bright

If you thought a guy was "straight up nuts" would you give him access to a loaded gun and turn your back on him

I sure as shit wouldn't

WTF ?
takes a guy thats straight up nuts to the gun range

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2015, 07:59:26 PM »
takes a guy thats straight up nuts to the gun range

exactly

seems fucking stupid

and then to turn your back on him when he has access to a loaded weapon

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2015, 08:01:05 PM »
No one has ever explained to me how attending a gun range while suffering from PTSD is helpful or recommended?  At least by anyone not named LaPierre or Nugent.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2015, 08:02:12 PM »
No one has ever explained to me how attending a gun range while suffering from PTSD is helpful or recommended?  At least by anyone not named LaPierre or Nugent.

especially when ever WIKI lists gunfire sounds as the #1 "trigger" of PTSD episodes and violence.

Competitor 9

• Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: February 24, 2015, 08:14:05 PM »
Well that guy never saw action. I think he's just a fucking weirdo. But taking a guy that has ptsd to a gun range is really dumb 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: February 25, 2015, 12:05:52 AM »
Well that guy never saw action. I think he's just a fucking weirdo. But taking a guy that has ptsd to a gun range is really dumb  

dude fled the scene like a guilty man would... insanity defense goes out the window.  shot them in the back like a coward.
He was on drugs, had no business at the gun range.  This whole story is weird.  I bet as the years pass, we learn more and more of all of this - shooting and the other stuff - and just shake our heads.

Kyle Claim: In the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, Kyle traveled to New Orleans and killed about thirty "looters" from a perch on top of the Superdome.
Read more at http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/kyleclaims.asp#FU1kqj367RWu8JIk.99

I always thought this was false - Did Kyle actually make this claim?  This ABSOLUTELY has to be false.  Nobody would make that up, that they killed 30 people for stealing, no way.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #64 on: February 25, 2015, 12:43:21 AM »
This is just another example of how polar opposite liberals are compared to conservatives.

Think what you want to think, pick your side and let the chips fall where they may.  I really don't give a fuck anymore.

jon cole

• Getbig IV
« Reply #65 on: February 25, 2015, 02:26:41 AM »
When your job is killing ppl, you'll never be a normal person.

Kyle's job was to go to Irak and kill ppl. He was a christian, texan, patriot and liked trap bar deadlift.

Chomsky's job is to sit on a chair at MIT and writing book. He is an anarchist, almost anti usa. He's the kind of guy that will his country invaded just to avoid war.

asstropin

Novena

• Getbig IV
  • "commonsense" shields us from the pain of thinking
« Reply #66 on: February 25, 2015, 05:48:52 AM »

“Chris Kyle was sitting in the driver’s seat on his telephone and he texted Chad Littlefield, sitting right next to him, he texted him, ‘This dude is straight up nuts,’” Moore told jurors.

Littlefield reportedly responded, “He’s right behind me, watch my six,” using the military slang for “cover me from behind.”

Wait a minute….Do you mean to tell me:

• 1) Their own instincts told them that this was a dangerous situation?
  • 2) They ignored the situation they were in?
  • 3) They texted each other in front of Routh, but didn’t converse with him, kept silent, thereby feeding his feelings of paranoia?
I see a new reality show…in conjunction with Rocket City Rednecks…Redneck Psychotherapy.

Would Kyle and Littlefield be considered Freudian or Jung?

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
  • King of Cybex Glute Machine
« Reply #67 on: February 25, 2015, 05:51:52 AM »
kyle deadlifted with the trap bar. good enough in my book!
nuff said

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #68 on: February 25, 2015, 08:37:27 AM »
I never watch bio-films.  They are hardly ever accurate but that's not the purpose.  It's about drama not historical accuracy.  I have no doubt American Sniper is much the same.
A

3Dkiller

• Getbig IV
  • Fuck The New World Order
« Reply #69 on: February 25, 2015, 12:22:27 PM »
They were Iraqi citizens that were illegally invaded and occupied, some of which tried to defend themselves. 
+1
TEAM WOLF

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #70 on: February 25, 2015, 06:25:15 PM »
he had the intuition to know they were texting about him, his extreme paranoia made him fear the worst and that's why he killed them

E
E

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #71 on: February 25, 2015, 07:05:30 PM »
If Iraqis invaded the Usa and you fought back and the Iraqi sniper shot you. Is that iraqi a hero?

droppedweight

« Reply #72 on: February 25, 2015, 07:36:09 PM »
This thread shows absolute poussines

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: February 25, 2015, 08:12:31 PM »
dude fled the scene like a guilty man would... insanity defense goes out the window.  shot them in the back like a coward.
He was on drugs, had no business at the gun range.  This whole story is weird.  I bet as the years pass, we learn more and more of all of this - shooting and the other stuff - and just shake our heads.

Kyle Claim: In the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, Kyle traveled to New Orleans and killed about thirty "looters" from a perch on top of the Superdome.
Read more at http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/kyleclaims.asp#FU1kqj367RWu8JIk.99

I always thought this was false - Did Kyle actually make this claim?  This ABSOLUTELY has to be false.  Nobody would make that up, that they killed 30 people for stealing, no way.

Well what dont you believe ? cops, mercs, and whomever else was involved with use of force during Katrina were given an ok to fire on suspected looters from what I remember.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: February 25, 2015, 08:30:28 PM »
Well what dont you believe ? cops, mercs, and whomever else was involved with use of force during Katrina were given an ok to fire on suspected looters from what I remember.

I dont remember anything about that order, and I was glued to the news.