Author Topic: Protien drink for after a workout.. not looking to gain weight tho.  (Read 2518 times)

lilbg

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
I need some advice on a protien drink I can take after a workout for recovery but I also am trying to cut down on some body fat.  Can someone giving me some recommendations?  I used to take Cytogainer but afraid it might put some bad weight on me.  Thanks for any input.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Re: Protien drink for after a workout.. not looking to gain weight tho.
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2006, 09:24:55 AM »
gainer is big on calories, protein is not
Z

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
  • Peace and good genes be to you
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2006, 09:40:58 AM »
If you only take it right after your workout you shouldn't gain weight.

I used Muscle Milk and I cut weight taking a drink in the morning, pre and post workout (workout at 5pm)

MartiniMan

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2006, 10:01:16 AM »
My personal favorite is ABB (American Body Building)'s Monster Shake.

I pick up a case of 12 chocoloate and a case of 12 vanilla each month at GNC and they cost me about $2.00 a can (using Gold Card membership).  Before the gym, I throw one in a small vinyl "bag" cooler, grap a couple of ICEEs out of the freezer to keep it cold, and throw it in my locker.  After each workout, a cold shake is waiting!

These shakes have 50 grams of protein, a load of other good stuff, and only 240 calories. 

It's all opinion, but I can't find a much better product at that price.

lilbg

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2006, 12:09:31 PM »
would something like ISOGAINER or CYOTGAINER be ok?  It would only be taken directly after a workout.. my protien through out hte day after that is EAS simply whey.. which is pretty low in carbs and cals.  Also if you havent tried hte ISOGAINER cinnamon vanilla its extemely good.. mixes easily in just water.

Blake

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2006, 12:58:29 PM »
would something like ISOGAINER or CYOTGAINER be ok?  It would only be taken directly after a workout.. my protien through out hte day after that is EAS simply whey.. which is pretty low in carbs and cals.  Also if you havent tried hte ISOGAINER cinnamon vanilla its extemely good.. mixes easily in just water.

Why do you think it matters?

If you're in a caloric deficit each day, you're not going to be gaining weight.

lilbg

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2006, 02:09:03 PM »
I think im just more worried bout where the calories are coming from..  Some of these weight gainers are loaded with sugar.  I can do half a serving of ISOGAINER and prob get all I need.  Stuff taste so good I feel like im cheating on my diet.

Blake

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2006, 02:34:38 PM »
I think im just more worried bout where the calories are coming from..  Some of these weight gainers are loaded with sugar.

In terms of weight/fat loss it still doesn't matter where the calories come from.

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2006, 08:30:58 PM »

I used to think that a calorie was just a calorie.  :o  Carbs and protein had 4 and fat had 9...how easy is that? ???  ::)
Until I learned about the endocrine system and a powerful force known as "hormones."
just not good enough

lilbg

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2006, 06:02:03 AM »
calories may be calories but I dont think it would be to healthy if all my calories even if low were from fats and sugars.  Im gonna give the ISOGAINER a try.