Author Topic: Contains only natural ingredients...  (Read 874 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Contains only natural ingredients...
« on: January 30, 2015, 06:52:24 AM »
I am seeing a lot of brands of products coming out with "all natural" versions of their original product.  Just yesterday I was buying Tortilla chips (sorry TA, I don't make my own and deep fry them in cotton seed oil like you do).  There is the regular brand and next to it is their all natural brand that contains no this, no that, no crap etc...  Which pretty much is a confession that their regular brand contains basically shit and crap.  Aren't they essentially cutting off their nose to spite their face when they come up with these all natural version of their products?

ChuckleHead

Re: Contains only natural ingredients...
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2015, 06:56:51 AM »
I am seeing a lot of brands of products coming out with "all natural" versions of their original product.  Just yesterday I was buying Tortilla chips (sorry TA, I don't make my own and deep fry them in cotton seed oil like you do).  There is the regular brand and next to it is their all natural brand that contains no this, no that, no crap etc...  Which pretty much is a confession that their regular brand contains basically shit and crap.  Aren't they essentially cutting off their nose to spite their face when they come up with these all natural version of their products?

how can you even say that? look around you man.

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2015, 08:15:46 AM »
Poison Ivy, snake venom, and horseshit are all completely natural.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2015, 08:21:07 AM »
Actually, they are increasing their revenue if you really see the Forest for the Trees...

The same companies also make all of your generic brand foods for specific stores. They just package them differently. Some people feel entitled to what they uneducatedly "think" is a better food, hence paying a higher price, when in reality, right next to it sits a generic version of the exact same food, made by the exact same people, with the exact same ingredients.... in a different package.

In that case scenario, you are reaching the rich and the... frugal.

In the case of the chips, you have to realize that a majority of people buying those chips probably don't even stop to read the label, or more specifically, the ingredients. Quite possibly their command of the English language may be somewhat limited. They are'nt going to buy the "other' brand....

... but you are.

They just increased their revenue.

Nick Danger

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2015, 09:24:52 AM »
Actually, they are increasing their revenue if you really see the Forest for the Trees...

The same companies also make all of your generic brand foods for specific stores. They just package them differently. Some people feel entitled to what they uneducatedly "think" is a better food, hence paying a higher price, when in reality, right next to it sits a generic version of the exact same food, made by the exact same people, with the exact same ingredients.... in a different package.

In that case scenario, you are reaching the rich and the... frugal.

In the case of the chips, you have to realize that a majority of people buying those chips probably don't even stop to read the label, or more specifically, the ingredients. Quite possibly their command of the English language may be somewhat limited. They are'nt going to buy the "other' brand....

... but you are.

They just increased their revenue.

Walmart's brand of raisin bran...made by Kellogg and sells for half the price.

ChuckleHead

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2015, 09:39:55 AM »
Walmart's brand of raisin bran...made by Kellogg and sells for half the price.

that's true to a point. there are different grades. it's not like kellogs doesn't know people are half stupid.

if you can think of it some mucky already has and is selling it to you.

Nick Danger

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2015, 09:49:22 AM »
I used that example because they are identical...I know raisin bran.