Author Topic: Raw Meet!!!!!!!!  (Read 21997 times)

dookie

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: Raw Meet!!!!!!!!
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2006, 07:00:03 PM »
Last week I did 225 for 50 reps(could of done alot more) very easily just to prove to the guys at the gym that Larry Allen is not as strong as they thought cause he did it for 43 in the NFL skills challenge.
yeah but larry allen also benched 700 lbs raw on national television.  it was on monday night football. 

Farcry

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2006, 07:04:48 PM »
Wolf how much you dead lift, bench, and squat raw? and 315 for 33 reps is insane

dorkeroo

• Getbig IV
  • I need steroids for the brain.
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2006, 07:38:56 PM »
Thank You Dorkeroo. 315 for 14 reps is pretty damn impressive. Keep up the good work!   Wolfy!!!!

Thanks for the kind words. I only weigh about 220 at a height of about 5'10, so I don't have much of a frame for benching, but, I try. Good luck at the meet, if I were your competitors I would be happier if you didn't show!

bigbadwolfe

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Bigger Stronger Fatter then you!!!!
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2006, 07:41:57 PM »
Dookie
Larry Allens 700 on Monday night football was a far cry from being a legit lift. I dont even wanna get in one that one, but it was no where near close enuf to pass in a contest!!!!
This meet in Mass may end up being aired on TV so hopefully all of you will see my fatass on TV :)
Farcry,
My best in contest raw deadlift was like 575, my best raw squat in a contest was 625 and my best raw bench in a contest was 525. But those are all old numbers, the squat and dead are from when I competed in the mid 90's(95-96) And the bench was from '03.
Now my best raw bench today is 600, not that I cant do more, but I am a shirted bencher and never go over that cause I put my shirt on at 6 plates aside. I am sure it is closer to 650 -675 but to avoid scrutiny we'll say 600. And as for squat and deads we'll just say I like benching more:)              Wolfy!!!

Thanks Dorkeroo :) I'll be happier if they dont show up!
                                       Wolfy!!!!!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2006, 07:47:27 PM »
bigbadwolfe, why does it seem that many dragonflies have longer lifespans than powerlifters?  Are yall an unhealthy bunch?

bigbadwolfe

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2006, 07:58:09 PM »
Yeah unfortunately we are, most of us bigger guys drop over in our late 50's to early 60's. But we live life to the fullest!!! LIFT BIG LIVE BIG!!!!

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2006, 09:45:00 PM »
Super Star, I was just getting a pump. As a bodybuilder dont you guys ever rep out?

Yes Wolf this is what us non bodybuilders do.  Plus after going up to 505 for reps then down to 405 for reps, then down to 315 for more reps, my last set (on bench only) was 225 for 40 to 50 reps depending on feel.  The weight feels like a feather after lifting the heavy weight.  I doubt I could have done that many reps if I tried it for the first set.

You are a strong dude Wolf.  If you ever come to Hawaii look me up.  We have some good ol strong boys here you would fit in easy with.  There is a Samoan guy at our gym that makes me feel bad.  He is 6'1" 375.  He plays middle linebacker for the semi-pro football team here and he can dunk a basketball.  Yes he can cause I saw him.  Unreal!  In fact I going to try to sneal a pic of him at the gym on my phone next time I see him.  Anyway, he does 495 for 10 pretty easy, maybe a couple more if he really tried.  But he wears nothing but a tank top.  He is a strong dude.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2006, 10:41:47 PM »
haha jesus those numbers are insane, icould never do half that with all the drugs in the world. well, maybe half.

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2006, 01:40:23 AM »
i seriously need to start trainnig again, all these numbers are driving me fukkin nuts. I doubt i could actually bench 170 right now lol
Scouser on Tour

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2006, 03:19:00 AM »
Wait till you see a picture of this guy I am talking about.  I will try to do it when he is benching.  For a Samoan who weighs close to 400 he still has shape.  His shoulders are wider than his waist by far.  He is very thick.  His arms are probably right around 23 or so.

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2006, 03:39:20 AM »
hahahahaha, ok, "bigbadwolfe", oh brother what a name, i'll bet you're the type of guy who tricks all your powerlifting buddies with a "free 5 pm chalk giveaway" but when you get them there you slip them all roofies and collect sperm samples for a post workout smoothie, hahaha.

this guy is great
ANIMAL

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2006, 04:00:01 AM »
Hmmm,how come so many powerlifters die at a young age?Yes,I would say many are unhealthy.Thankfully we never see such a trend in the healthy sport of bodybuilding.Bodybuilder s like Benaziza,and Trevor [sp] seem to live forevor.Clearly thats a much healthier sport.

Its also funny that a gay reference would be made toward a powerlifter like Wolfy,because certainly powerlifting has far more homos then the manly sport of bodybuilding.I mean if we could just get a few more guys like Bob Paris in powerlifting we would certainly become more mainstream.In fact,I believe there was even a guy who was trolling for queers right here on GETBIG.I dont ever recall that going on on a powerlifting board.Yes,sir,putting on tight little posing trunks and making muscles to music for male judges is far more masquline then trying to lift big weights.

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2006, 07:42:08 AM »
Hmmm,how come so many powerlifters die at a young age?Yes,I would say many are unhealthy.Thankfully we never see such a trend in the healthy sport of bodybuilding.Bodybuilder s like Benaziza,and Trevor [sp] seem to live forevor.Clearly thats a much healthier sport.
Its also funny that a gay reference would be made toward a powerlifter like Wolfy,because certainly powerlifting has far more homos then the manly sport of bodybuilding.I mean if we could just get a few more guys like Bob Paris in powerlifting we would certainly become more mainstream.In fact,I believe there was even a guy who was trolling for queers right here on GETBIG.I dont ever recall that going on on a powerlifting board.Yes,sir,putting on tight little posing trunks and making muscles to music for male judges is far more masquline then trying to lift big weights.
you need to lay off the Halotestin dude we're just joking around a little bit.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2006, 07:49:10 AM »
My post was a joke as well.I compete in both sports so Im as guilty as anyone for making muscles for male judges.However,I havent gotten to the point where I will give a guy a date rape drug and take advantage of him yet.Perhaps when I up my androgens I might consider it.

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2006, 10:32:33 AM »
does anyone remember about 15 years ago the wrestler Dino Bravo attempting to set a new world record in the bench live at a wrestling PPV? i think he was trying for 725, but his true bench was around 500-525

eventually got in with the wrong guys and he paid the ultimate price - a very bloody end
Scouser on Tour

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2006, 10:54:54 AM »
Billy, Sarcasm is Getbig's Don Rickles.  He is defintiely the funniest guy on here.  It is his way of bonding.  All in all he is a good guy.

clever_username

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2006, 12:13:12 PM »
Wolfe
Does the NERB flyer represent a final list of competitors? If not, does this list exist somewhere? Is anyone doing both the Arnold and the NERB?
Any idea on what you'll take for an opener yet, and how it might progress from there?

bigbadwolfe

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2006, 12:19:40 PM »
Clever,

The names on the list are the of the ones who have committed as of now, the list may grow even more. I dont know if any of the other big shirted benchers areplanning on making the trip.

I plan to play it safe and open at 600 and go up from there. I know 600 is pretty safe and it is the goal everyone else seems to be looking at hitting so if I open there and move up I should come home with some $$$$.

I would love to give Scot's raw record a run but that is way out there at this present time. But i got 10 weeks to train and we'll see what happens!

Wolfy!!!!!

Bossa

• Getbig IV
  • Is that Bossa it must be, I heard he husky
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2006, 12:37:16 PM »
What ever happened to Glen Chabot? I heard a few months back he was up to 745 lbs RAW and was gonna break Mendys record...then nothing materialized...you know whats up w/ Chabot Wolfy?

bigbadwolfe

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2006, 03:04:50 PM »
I heard the sam rumors you all did and as you said nothing has materialized. You got me. I would love to see him make a come back and hit something huge like that. It would be great for the sport!!!

Wolfy!!!!!