Author Topic: Brian Williams busted lying about being shot down by RPG  (Read 4314 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Brian Williams busted lying about being shot down by RPG
« on: February 05, 2015, 03:58:19 AM »
Lol.  Link to follow.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: Brian Williams busted lying about being shot down by RPG
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2015, 04:19:03 AM »
military publication, "Stars and Stripes," which has a well-documented report and timeline showing his shifting version of events over the years.

SNIP

Really, if this was 10 or 15 years ago, an anchor at any network would be gone by Friday after an admission of such deception - especially when it is placed alongside the sacrifices made and pains suffered by military personnel and their families.

How could you expect anyone who served in the military to ever see this guy onscreen again and not feel contempt? How could you expect anyone to believe he or the broadcast he leads has any credibility?

I wonder how the newsroom Williams is supposed to be leading will look at him tomorrow morning when he arrives for work.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2015, 04:22:40 AM »

Free Republic
Browse · Search      News/Activism
Topics · Post Article
Skip to comments.

Brian Williams faces fierce mockery after recanting Iraq war story
Washington post ^ | 2/4/2015 | By Dan Lamothe
Posted on February 5, 2015 at 6:46:29 AM EST by tobyhill

NBC News anchor Brian Williams faced swift, and often harsh and sarcastic, reaction Wednesday after he recanted a story that he was aboard an Army helicopter that was hit with enemy fire in Iraq and forced to land.

The longtime NBC News journalist apologized in an interview with Stars & Stripes, saying he had “misremembered” what happened. He was actually in another nearby helicopter.

“I would not have chosen to make this mistake,” Williams told the newspaper. “I don’t know what screwed up in my mind that caused me to conflate one aircraft with another.”

The story drew immediate scorn online, where critics — including veterans and retired baseball star Curt Schilling — questioned how it would have been possible to make that mistake.

(Excerpt) Read more at washingtonpost.com ...

TOPICS: Extended News; News/Current Events
KEYWORDS:

There will be more of these "misremembers" because it's time for the media liars to clear the air and get ready for the Hillary Show.
1 posted on February 5, 2015 at 6:46:29 AM EST by tobyhill
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]
To: tobyhill
This won’t go away until he either resigns/retires or he recants his recant. He didn’t misremember. It is patently absurd to believe it was his memory playing tricks on him.

He outright lied. He lied because he and others like him lie regularly to the population at large in their so-called trusted stewardship of the “truth.” That perhaps is the biggest lie of all.

2 posted on February 5, 2015 at 6:50:30 AM EST by Gaffer
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]
To: Gaffer
I’ve detested this POS since he apologized for the obvious grimace when announcing W had won in 2000.

These commissars aren’t even hiding their contempt for us anymore.

3 posted on February 5, 2015 at 6:52:52 AM EST by kearnyirish2 (Affirmative action is economic warfare against white males (and therefore white families).)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]
Brian Williams faces fierce mockery after recanting Iraq war story...
As well he should! Whatever little credibility NBC News had, this blows it out of the water. No way he survives in his current position.

4 posted on February 5, 2015 at 6:59:14 AM EST by Rummyfan
“I would not have chosen to make this mistake,” Williams told the newspaper
Huh?

5 posted on February 5, 2015 at 6:59:43 AM EST by Rummyfan
To: Gaffer
“Fake but accurate” - didn’t Dan Rather get into some pretty deep waters with this approach to the news?

And what about Herself, Madame Benghazi, the Cold & Joyless, ducking “enemy fire” upon her arrival in Bosnia in 1996.

Just trying to give snipers a bad name. Herself was NEVER in any danger.

6 posted on February 5, 2015 at 7:00:50 AM EST by alloysteel (The Internet is like an icy sidewalk. One slip, and BOOM!, down you go)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]
These clowns stopped being ‘journalists’ LOOOOOOONG ago.

The viewers are the dupes in all this, because all THEY have to do is tune them out!

7 posted on February 5, 2015 at 7:03:18 AM EST by SMARTY ("When you blame others, you give up your power to change." Robert Anthony)
To: kearnyirish2
I wonder if anyone ever made a good gif of that grimace?

8 posted on February 5, 2015 at 7:05:50 AM EST by wbarmy (I chose to be a sheepdog once I saw what happens to the sheep.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]
Bob Woodruff and David Bloom were unavailable for comment.
-PJ

9 posted on February 5, 2015 at 7:06:55 AM EST by Political Junkie Too (If you are the Posterity of We the People, then you are a Natural Born Citizen.)
Musta been the same guys who were shooting at Brian Williams who shot at Hillary as she stood on the tarmac in a receiving line in Bosnia.

10 posted on February 5, 2015 at 7:07:15 AM EST by USNA74
To: alloysteel
Liberals lie. All the time.

11 posted on February 5, 2015 at 7:07:32 AM EST by ilovesarah2012
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

12 posted on February 5, 2015 at 7:07:57 AM EST by New Perspective (Proud father of a son with Down Syndrome and fighting to keep him off Obama's death panels.)
To: alloysteel
They’ve largely gotten away with these constant lies before because they controlled the bulk of what Americans see on TV and read in print (when they read).

With the spread of the internet and decline of MSM’s influence, these lies aren’t as easy to hide any more.

Whenever his name is mentioned, wherever, it should be appended with Proven Liar.

13 posted on February 5, 2015 at 7:09:40 AM EST by Gaffer
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]
Great war heroes of the left ... John "Killer" Kerry, Tom "Ace" Harkin and Brian "Crash" Williams.
All served in the Stolen Valor division.

14 posted on February 5, 2015 at 7:10:07 AM EST by Boston Blackie
It is fascinating to see the double standard at work. Williams is liberal, so this will be swept under the rug. If a conservative commentator did it, it would be a topic 24/7 until the person resigned or offed themselves.

15 posted on 02/05/2015 4:10:16 AM PST by rbg81
To: wbarmy
I’ve seen it on this site, especially soon after it happened; it was strange, as though someone in the studio had to point out to him how obvious his bias was. When they cut back to him after a break, he apologized for it.

16 posted on February 5, 2015 at 7:10:24 AM EST by kearnyirish2 (Affirmative action is economic warfare against white males (and therefore white families).)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies]
How do you “misremember” a lie?

17 posted on February 5, 2015 at 7:11:22 AM EST by Renkluaf
To: Renkluaf
Ask the Ferguson witnesses (who got away with outright falsifying reports); some even admitted later that they weren’t even present (after swearing to Brown’s coldblooded execution by Officer Wilson)...

18 posted on February 5, 2015 at 7:13:58 AM EST by kearnyirish2 (Affirmative action is economic warfare against white males (and therefore white families).)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 17 | View Replies]
Bullcrap.

19 posted on February 5, 2015 at 7:15:09 AM EST by NorthMountain
To: rbg81
Undeniably true.

20 posted on February 5, 2015 at 7:19:26 AM EST by Skooz (Gabba Gabba we accept you we accept you one of us Gabba Gabba we accept you we accept you one of us)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 15 | View Replies]
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search      News/Activism
Topics · Post Article
FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2015, 06:03:57 AM »
i bet he was up for contract renewal at the time - and made up this bullshit lie to raise his credibility.

would love to check dates on that - see what else was going on right then - maybe up for a promotion to take over for whats-his-name?  trying to shake the "he's only an msnbc newsreader" stink that's always been on williams.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2015, 08:29:47 AM »
This will probably be a footnote in the MSM by tomorrow, assuming it got much play on the airways to begin with.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2015, 08:30:59 AM »
This shit is everywhere....if he has the balls he'll quit but I suspect that he won't.
L

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2015, 08:34:39 AM »
This shit is everywhere....if he has the balls he'll quit but I suspect that he won't.

He is just a more polished version of MSNBC hosts. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2015, 08:54:18 AM »

I haven't watched the news in a few days.  He should be fired, but I'm not holding my breath for that one.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2015, 08:54:40 AM »
Typical liberal pos liar

true... I've watched a lot of MSNBC.  At least 100% of their hosts have lied about being in crashed wartime helicopters.  Williams is no outlier, they've all faked at least one aircraft crash under enemy fire.  

I think MSNBC host Michael Steele is probably the worst - he actually denied a 2008 crash in which a windbag grizzly bear actually brought down the USS Mccain with him onboard at the time.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

James

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2015, 10:39:55 AM »
Similar to Hillary Clinton's lie:

Hillary Clinton said last week: "I remember landing under sniper fire. There was supposed to be some kind of a greeting ceremony at the airport, but instead we just ran with our heads down to get into the vehicles to get to our base."

On March 25, 2008, Hillary Clinton said that she and her daughter, Chelsea, were shot at in Bosnia in 1996. After the claims were disputed, Clinton said she has a “different memory” of the events that occurred.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2015, 10:41:36 AM »

Hillary Clinton said last week: "I remember landing under sniper fire. There was supposed to be some kind of a greeting ceremony at the airport, but instead we just ran with our heads down to get into the vehicles to get to our base."

On March 25, 2008, Hillary Clinton said that she and her daughter, Chelsea, were shot at in Bosnia in 1996. After the claims were disputed, Clinton said she has a “different memory” of the events that occurred.

Left wing cultists like Straw , lurker, Andre, et al could care less - Hillary is their fellow sister - and that's it

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2015, 11:39:34 AM »

I remember that one actually.

Hillary really is a lying slut.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2015, 11:43:15 AM »
I remember that one actually.

Hillary really is a lying slut.

You're finally catching on.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2015, 11:45:27 AM »

He's a prime candidate to be a professor at a nice Ivy League school

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2015, 09:02:39 AM »
NBC reportedly allowing Brian Williams to stay but not as 'Nightly News' anchor
Published June 17, 2015
FoxNews.com

Jan. 10, 2010: Brian Williams from "NBC Nightly News" answers a question during the panel for NBC News at the NBC Universal sessions of the Television Critics Association winter press tour in Pasadena, Calif. (Reuters)

NBC reportedly is allowing embattled journalist Brian Williams to stay but not as “Nightly News” anchor, the Wall Street Journal reported Wednesday.

Current fill-in anchor Lester Holt is expected to fill the lead anchor position permanently, media reports said.

The report comes just four months after the company suspended Williams for exaggerating a story about an incident involving his aircraft while covering the Iraq War.

According to the New York Post, Williams' agent Bob Barnett, NBC Universal CEO Steve Burke and NBC News chairman Andy Lack hammered out a deal, amid speculation that Williams could walk away from the network completely.

"There is an agreement. Brian won't return to the anchor chair but agreed to a different news-oriented role,' an insider told the New York Post. "The negotiations have been complicated and difficult."

Williams’ precise role still remains unclear, although according to the New York Times, Williams is expected to work at the cable news network MSNBC.

A source told the Post that Williams' role "is something very different, but within news, that gives Brian room to grow and rebuild his reputation."

The Post reported that it is not immediately clear how much of Williams' $50 million contract would be honored by NBC.

NBC could announce the change as early as Thursday, the Wall Street Journal reported.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2015/06/17/nbc-reportedly-allowing-brian-williams-to-stay-but-not-as-nightly-news-anchor/?intcmp=latestnews

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2015, 11:20:26 AM »
When Brian williams lies, his anchor job is given to lester holt.

When Bill OReilly lies, well, nothing happens.

Very odd that NBC has higher journalistic standards than FOX News.