Author Topic: Oh wait. It gets better (Brian Williams related)  (Read 6139 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Oh wait. It gets better (Brian Williams related)
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 05:47:25 AM »
he can always get a job at fox news :D :D   YOU REPORT WE LIE

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2015, 05:53:56 AM »
he can always get a job at fox news :D :D   YOU REPORT WE LIE

He already fits in perfect at NBC  ;)

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2015, 05:57:43 AM »

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2015, 05:59:08 AM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2015, 06:04:30 AM »

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2015, 07:08:16 AM »
He's done.....Tuesday...place your bets.
L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2015, 07:55:26 AM »
These guys like Williams give the average journalist who covered the wars a bad name. Compare this guy to Sebastian Junger. They have nothing in common. I knew plenty who stacked with SOF in the back allies of Bagdad or patrolled with Marines in Al Anbar. Many are burnt out beyond belief and are no longer objective. This guy is a douche.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2015, 08:14:21 AM »
remember the CNN guys exaggerating back in Gulf War 1?  Remember Geraldo revealilng coordinates and strategy?

LOL I like the idea of embedding a cameraman - a veteran - and telling th eblowhard war salesman reporters to stay home.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2015, 08:28:16 AM »
Here's a story about this guy that won't help:

regular here, AverageNCO, who, by the way just retired from the Air Force recently, sent us a transcription from the journal he kept while he was at Ali Al Salem Air Base in Kuwait during the Second Iraq War.

5 APR 03
 Pulled Viper Duty Again (call sign for four-man squad patrolling a 5K restricted zone outside the wire of Ali Al Salem). It was actually kind of boring. The highlight had been ordering Pizza. We were on our last patrol when we came across four civilians in the restricted area behind the burm. As we approached them they were Americans. Not only were they Americans. It was NBC Nightly News’ Brian Willams. He got kind of arrogant saying it was no problem that they weren’t going to film anything important. SSgt Peterson said it was a big deal and asked for his I.D. like he didn’t know or care who he was. After a lot of back and forth between us them and the Kuwaitis, they finally got to film. The Williams guy was actually kind of pompous. He told us he was going to call Donald Rumsfeld’s Secretary to make us let them tape.
Actually, Williams told the woman on the phone “Hey, this is Brian Williams…..get me Rummy on the phone!” as if that would impress the patrol.

I hate the media, generally speaking, in a war zone – they think they’re bullet proof and they don’t care that the rest of us aren’t. Their hangnails and the sand in their Underoos is always our fault. There are some good ones out there, but Brian Williams isn’t one of them. AverageNCO said that when they came up on the NBC crew, Williams jumped out the cab of the vehicle with hairspray in one hand and a hair brush in the other.
L

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2015, 01:47:00 PM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2015, 02:34:16 PM »
Fake but accurate.    Typical liberal liar

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2015, 06:14:12 PM »
According to Maureen Dowd in the New York Times, NBC News executives knew Brian Williams had a problem with the truth but the infrastructure wasn’t in place to do anything about it. Per Dowd, things were so bad with Williams that his “flourishes to puff himself up” became “a joke in the new division.”

HIS was a bomb that had been ticking for a while.

NBC executives were warned a year ago that Brian Williams was constantly inflating his biography. They were flummoxed over why the leading network anchor felt that he needed Hemingwayesque, bullets-whizzing-by flourishes to puff himself up, sometimes to the point where it was a joke in the news division.

But the caustic media big shots who once roamed the land were gone, and “there was no one around to pull his chain when he got too over-the-top,” as one NBC News reporter put it.

It seemed pathological because Williams already had the premier job, so why engage in résumé inflation? And you don’t get those jobs because of your derring-do.

I would argue that things were much worse than that. The truth is that things got so bad and out of control at NBC News that as recently as last Friday Williams was able to retell for the umpteenth time his lie about being shot down over Iraq on the NBC Nightly News.

Follow John Nolte on Twitter @NolteNC               

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2015, 08:19:30 AM »
Long before Brian Williams was caught lying about his chopper coming under fire in Iraq, he claimed he’d stared down the barrel of a bandit’s gun as a teenager in sleepy Red Bank, NJ.
In a 2005 interview with Esquire magazine, Williams said a thief drew on him in the 1970s — leaving him “looking up at a thug’s snub-nosed .38 while selling Christmas trees out of the back of a truck.”
He told the tough-to-believe story at least four times, claiming he was trying to help a local church when the thief snatched his money on West Front Street and Riverside Avenue.
“That wasn’t a bad job, until a guy came up and stuck a .38-caliber pistol in my face and made me hand over all the money. Merry Christmas, right? Of course, I suddenly appreciated the other jobs I thought I hated,” he told New Jersey Monthly in 2008.
But longtime Red Bank residents think it’s a tall tale.
“I would highly doubt he’s telling the truth,” said Danny Murphy, who in the ’70s ran Danny’s restaurant , which was a few blocks from the alleged crime scene. “I find it hard to believe anyone was held up in this area in the ’70s. It was very safe.”
Les Carbone, 85, felt much the same way.
“Don’t listen to Brian Williams,” he said. “He’s going to tell you a lot of things. I doubt he was robbed at gunpoint. I was born in Red Bank, there were no crimes like that. Tell Brian Williams to stop lying.”
It was so safe, kids walked around alone at night back then, other residents said.
“It was never dangerous here,” said Yolanda DeMaria, 93. “It was a very peaceful town, a lovely town. It was a small town with a dress shop and a five-and-dime. No one locked their cars.”

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2015, 09:23:15 AM »
Brian Williams Katrina Diary: No Floating Body Nor Dysentery But Lots of Bush Bashing
NewsBusters ^ | February 8, 2015 | P.J. Gladnick
Posted on February 8, 2015 12:19:43 PM EST by PJ-Comix

Ironically, the biggest witness against the exaggerated claims of Brian Williams' Hurricane Katrina fabulism turns out to be Brian Williams himself. His diary entries in the NBC News Daily Nightly online journal from the time of Hurricane Katrina hitting New Orleans to the aftermath several days later shows no mention of his many disputed claims.

A detailed analysis of Brian Williams' Daily Nightly journal entries from August 29, 2005 when Hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans until our puppy-rescuing hero was safely out of harm's way shows no references to a floating body in the French quarter, drinking floodwater, catching dysentery, a five-star hotel hotel overrun by gangs, nor of a dramatic rescue in a stairwell by a young police officer with whom brian is "friends to this day." However, Brian's Daily Nightly journal is chock full of Bush bashing as you can see in his Sept. 2 entry:

(Excerpt) Read more at newsbusters.org ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2015, 05:56:40 PM »
NBC anchor Brian Williams' Katrina account challenged by ex-French Quarter hotel manager
NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune ^ | 2/8/15 | Jessica Williams
Posted on February 8, 2015 8:40:16 PM EST by BBell

The former general manager of the Ritz-Carlton New Orleans, where embattled "NBC Nightly News" anchor Brian Williams reportedly roomed during Hurricane Katrina, said Sunday (Feb. 8) that neither mass flooding nor floating human remains were near the hotel after the levees broke. Her statement raises questions about Williams' stated Katrina experiences and could add to a pool of public skepticism regarding his tale.

Williams recounted his time reporting on Katrina in a 2006 interview with Disney CEO Michael Eisner. "When you look out of your hotel room window in the French Quarter and watch a man float by face down, when you see bodies that you last saw in Banda Aceh, Indonesia, and swore to yourself that you would never see in your country," he said.

As critics have pointed out, much of the French Quarter stayed dry after the storm, due to its position on high ground. However, there were rising waters as far up as Bourbon and Royal shortly after Katrina, geographer Richard Campanella said Friday.

But Myra deGersdorff, the ex-manager of the Ritz-Carlton who works as a chief human resources officer in Scottsdale, Ariz., questioned the claim Sunday that such horrors occurred anywhere near her former hotel.

"There is no physical way the water was deep enough for a body to float in," she said.

(Excerpt) Read more at nola.com ...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2015, 08:29:07 PM »
Williams = that lying ass reporter from THE WIRE that kept making up stories in season 5.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2015, 08:58:03 PM »
Lying ass reporter but doesn't come close to the loser-in-chief.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2015, 09:18:37 AM »
Lying ass reporter but doesn't come close to the loser-in-chief.

was waiting for you to link Brian Williams to Obama......you NEVER let me down

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2015, 09:20:42 AM »
was waiting for you to link Brian Williams to Obama......you NEVER let me down

Brian Williams was a fag lib like you who worships that gay Islamic treasonous thug in the WH.   F both of them. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2015, 06:30:04 AM »
Williams should have been fired year ago.  his annoying punchable face is plenty reason.

I'm a little shocked that liberal republicans took this long to call for his firing.  I've felt for almost a decade that he is nothing more than a glorified newsreader that looks like he'd blow anyone for a cut into line.  Far more respectable newsmen/women deserve that job. 

You libs/RINOs are late to the "ban brian williams" party.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2015, 02:38:03 PM »
‘Put Down Your Noose’: Michael Moore Defends Brian Williams, Hits ‘Real Liars’

Filmmaker and liberal activist Michael Moore came to the defense of Brian Williams on Sunday night, wondering why the media cares more about Williams’ misstatements than lies from people who made actual decisions about the Iraq War

Moore’s comments, echoed by Jon Stewart last night, mostly centered around how “an entire country was demolished, trillions were wasted, thousands of our troops were killed & wounded, tens/hundreds of thousands of Iraqi civilians were killed, and now, FINALLY, someone is paying for Iraq war lies… and it’s Brian fucking Williams?????”

He makes fun of Williams a bit for some of the fluff that makes it onto NBC Nightly News but Moore also recalls him as “a man with integrity” in the news who actually wanted to hear from anti-war voices.