Author Topic: Bored of German Volume Training-Anyone got any good Contest Prep Routines?  (Read 11101 times)

NotMrAverage

• Getbig IV
  • SCHPORT
Re: Bored of German Volume Training-Anyone got any good Contest Prep Routines?
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2015, 11:51:37 AM »
shredded! very good work
MIRAGETROPIN

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2015, 12:02:01 PM »
The first bodybuilder that I heard of that did giant sets for everything is Joe Means. He won the most muscular at the 1976 AAU Mr. America contest. He was ripped. He split his body in half and trained 6 days a week. I rarely heard about guys that used giant sets for one body part before. Sure maybe a pre exhaust of two exercises but not three or four until Joe Means.

Super Natural

• Getbig IV
  • Repent of Soy liberalism.
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2015, 11:42:06 PM »
You are awesome Super Natural!!!  Thanks for the routine and your honesty as well!

I will be able to do your routine as I have my own home gym with a ton of equipment.  I want to get to your best natural conditioning this year and I think I can do it shortly.  I have gone 136 days straight at 2300 calories and am in the best condition I have ever been in.  I think a few adjustments here and there and I will be good to do.  

What is the lowest you dropped your calories?  I don`t plan on dropping mine at all as time takes care of it.  The only way I could see dropping is if I got impatient, but I don`t get impatient so I don`t see it happening.

Sounds good  8) i agree small changes and access...time will take care of it, I don't change much diet wise if I'm still making progress. My Kcal's remained constant at around around 2300 kcal a day -never dropped much below that either.

I added more weight training and a few extra hiit cardios when I hit plateaus. Once I was quite lean the Kcal actually increased weekly,  by at first added in a medium carb day midweek (Wed) with an extra 250g carbs ( rice,potaoes) ,, and then when I was 100% there condition wise, an additional really HIGH calorie 4 hour refeed on Sunday evening was added ( 1 burger, small pizza, bowl of FF icecream, 1/s loaf sour dough bread, cup pasta)

Super Natural

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2015, 11:44:31 PM »
so basically with steroids you look like you rolled in sand a few times back and forth before getting on stage

LOL  ;D

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2015, 02:53:45 AM »
Thanks yeah, I know there are guys out there that lie ect. but I'm not BS in that pic the only drug i used was ECA. I have no reason to lie and I never BS on Getbig.

Height - 169 cm
Weight - 70kg

I've never posted a log/blog - But If you look up Jeff Rodrigues, jeff willet, skip La cour (they can defend themselves re their natty status) But to me what they did makes sence and is  pretty much what I do/did - diet, protein,training,cardio and supp wise.

Damn! Hate having to convert metric.

Those three guys you mentioned are not natural. There's a difference between being natural and clean. Clean means you passed the drug test.

I'm from Hawaii and Chris Faildo is often mentioned in the group and he is no where near natural. Last time I saw him he was huge. I mean stupid huge.

A guy closing in on 50 suddenly puts on 30 lbs of muscle after decades of training.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2015, 02:59:11 AM »
very impressive build & I belive natural claims props & respect but only 5'6" 154 lbs. would be much tougher to do if not impossible at 5'10" or taller   

What do you mean by that? If he was 5'10" that would put him at roughly 175-180 lbs.
in the same condition. Why would that be near impossible.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2015, 03:06:41 AM »
Sounds good  8) i agree small changes and access...time will take care of it, I don't change much diet wise if I'm still making progress. My Kcal's remained constant at around around 2300 kcal a day -never dropped much below that iether.

I added more weight training and a few extra hiit cardios when I hit plateaus. Once I was quite lean the Kcal actually increased weekly,  by at first added in a medium carb day midweek (Wed) with an extra 250g carbs ( rice,potaoes) ,, and then when I was 100% there condition wise, an additional really HIGH calorie 4 hour refeed on Sunday evening was added ( 1 burger, small pizza, bowl of FF icecream, 1/s loaf sour dough bread, cup pasta)

OK, I am assuming you work for a living. You're following a grueling training schedule. You have a wife and family. How in the world do you do it? With work and training what time is left? And after a hard days work most just go home an collapse in their easy chair and veg in front of the TV. How do you recover from your daily routine? I mean, once you come home and eat and collapse into bed you have to get right back up and do it over and over again.

Instead of "Super Natural" you seem more like a real life "Super Man".

Super Natural

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2015, 03:16:59 AM »
Damn! Hate having to convert metric.

Those three guys you mentioned are not natural. There's a difference between being natural and clean. Clean means you passed the drug test.

I'm from Hawaii and Chris Faildo is often mentioned in the group and he is no where near natural. Last time I saw him he was huge. I mean stupid huge.

A guy closing in on 50 suddenly puts on 30 lbs of muscle after decades of training.

5 foot 6 (Manlet)
154 pounds

Mmmm a 30 pound gain is suspect if lean bw and not just bloat. Personally I stayed the same contest weight/same division for over 30 bbing contests i competed in drug free over a 20 year time period. Just improved body composition/condition, looked much bigger at the same weight... maybe I just have shitty genetics for building muscle...But then I never believed in bulking up -  rather stay leaner in the "off season"

No augument there re:clean vs natural  -BIG DIFFRENCE. Just saying from my experience  low volumn/intense heavy - Max Ot works is a great way to train if you're drug free + dieting.

Super Natural

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2015, 03:23:15 AM »
OK, I am assuming you work for a living. You're following a grueling training schedule. You have a wife and family. How in the world do you do it? With work and training what time is left? And after a hard days work most just go home an collapse in their easy chair and veg in front of the TV. How do you recover from your daily routine? I mean, once you come home and eat and collapse into bed you have to get right back up and do it over and over again.

Instead of "Super Natural" you seem more like a real life "Super Man".

Not really, I work for an IT company plus run my own small bussiness, I train with my wife in the morning (No kids). Our workout takes 60 to max 90 minutes -  train 5 times a week, food prep takes me maybe 30 minutes  - my wife helps & we have a maid (labour is pretty cheap here in SA), I have gym at work so that helps  - just shoot downstairs and do a short HIIT cardio or an extra workout before lunch.

Get tired sometimes but we take days off and a full week off every 8 weeks and 2 x 3 week holidays a year. Don't drink party etc I competed every second year. definitley doable IMO

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2015, 03:25:05 AM »
Thanks Adam, I was lifetime Natty in that pic (from 2005) and up to 2013...I won't BS you though! I cannot claim lifetime natural since the 2nd half of 2013. Worked with Matt Porter for 6 months contest prep. Been drug free since Dec 2013 if that means anything - In retrospect I'm glad I tried it - lets just say it was an eye opener (night and day) compared to prepping natty! - glad I can say I've experienced both sides. Always been curious (No Homo) 

Regarding the full program I don't want to piss Matt off by posting up his full routine he gave me online. But I'm sure you can make your own giant set routine up by using that formatt/guide lines. I still use it now in short bursts of 4 weeks alternate with a lower volumn Max-Ot type training - doing Giant set training for too many weeks in a row I think I'd burn out.

All the best
SN

Super Natural

• Getbig IV

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2015, 03:35:18 AM »
EXACTLY!

Nowadays gyms are littered with a sea of inert flesh sitting on equipment entranced by their cell phones.

I have to carry extra towels to "guard" equipment just for super sets. I'd have to bring my laundry basket to do giant sets. And I rearranged my whole life schedule just so I can train after midnight -- and still I have people in my way.
What makes guys like you think you own the gym. YOU are the one who is bouncing from equipment to equipment, getting in other people's way.

Get a machine, do 3 or 4 sets, and move on to the next. You sound bothered, like everyone else should drop what they are doing so you can do a quick set, then run off.

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2015, 05:40:33 AM »
True Adonis I thought u found the answer with the no one training system
I thought u said you'd never train any other way ???
w

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2015, 05:55:34 AM »
True Adonis I thought u found the answer with the no one training system
I thought u said you'd never train any other way ???
I already updated with my experience.

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=551553.msg7872869#msg7872869

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2015, 06:07:17 AM »
Pre-exhaust super sets are great for cutting:

Here are a couple body part examples.

Delts

1. side laterals 10 reps, superset with over head press - 8 reps
Do 1-2 warm up sets and 3 supersets

Triceps -

1. push downs superset with dips - same sets/reps as above

Try doing a 3 way split ( back, bis/  legs / chest ,delts tris), doing 2 days on, 1 day off, work abs every other day
yes this is great howard... preacher curls superset with close grip chins..  ;D