Author Topic: Republican wants to make it illegal to wear yoga pants [the party of stupid]  (Read 2513 times)

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
 Montana lawmaker wants to expand his state’s indecent exposure laws to outlaw yoga pants and other tight-fitting or revealing clothing.

State Rep. David Moore (R-Missoula) introduced a bill Tuesday after stewing for months over a group of naked bicyclists who rode through his town in August.

City officials feared that denying a permit to Bare As You Dare riders might violate free speech rights, although the U.S. Supreme Court has ruled that public nudity is not protected expression.

Moore’s bill, which was drafted with retired professor Walt Hill, is intended to preserve Montana’s reputation as a “decent state where people can live within the security of laws and protect their children and associates from degrading and indecent practices.”

The bill would outlaw any nipple exposure by men or women, along with any clothing that “gives the appearance or simulates” the buttocks, genitals, pelvic area, or female nipple.

State Rep. Virginia Court (D-Billings) said the bill appears to be “a little prejudiced against women.”

The Republican lawmaker said he would also ban men from wearing Speedo-style swimming trunks in public.

Moore admits he cannot be sure how police would use their discretion to enforce the law, but he doesn’t have a problem with arresting people who wear tight-fitting clothing.

“Yoga pants should be illegal in public anyway,” Moore said.

A person convicted three times for indecent exposure could be sentenced to life in jail and fined $10,000 under current state law, but Moore’s bill would limit that to five years in jail and $5,000.

The bill does not change the six-month jail term and $500 for a first offense or one-year jail term and $1,000 fine for a second offense.
http://api.viglink.com/api/click?format=go&jsonp=vglnk_142375435085310&key=b716156ab5ecd7182fdbf9e72d749dcb&libId=1b407f4f-dcbe-413f-ad29-3d2731aadbe6&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.democraticunderground.com%2F10026215581&v=1&out=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.rawstory.com%2Frs%2F2015%2F02%2Fmontana-taliban-republican-lawmaker-wants-to-arrest-and-jail-women-for-wearing-yoga-pants%2F&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.democraticunderground.com%2F%3Fcom%3Dforum%26id%3D1002&title=According%20to%20a%20Wing%20Nut--a%20major%20problem%20is...wait%20for%20it...Yoga%20Pants%20-%20Democratic%20Underground&txt=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.rawstory.com%2Frs%2F2015%2F02%2Fmontana-taliban-republican-lawmaker-wants-to-arrest-and-jail-women-for-wearing-yoga-pants%2F

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
FNG retarded - like they have nothing else to worry about.   Morons

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
I'm all for illegal  ;D

bears

• Getbig IV
murder would increase by 500%. 

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
In the mean time. Libs couldn't careless if you smoke weed and have your pants 3/4 down your ass in public with a sideways SnapBack. As a matter of fact they want you to pay for it. Yes....the party of stupid.

ritch

• Getbig V
Is this real or fake news?
?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
In the mean time. Libs couldn't careless if you smoke weed and have your pants 3/4 down your ass in public with a sideways SnapBack. As a matter of fact they want you to pay for it. Yes....the party of stupid.

Eh, a WHOLE lot of tea party repubs support pot legalization:
http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2010/08/how-marijuana-could-split-the-tea-party/60921/

it's about the ONLY issue they can't agree on... split pretty evenly on that one.  I'm 100% against it because idiots will text and speed while stoned... but blaming libs for legalizing weed?  You're misinformed.  The 'libertarian' base of the repub party supports it in a huge way.  And the 'tea party' base, half of them support it.

Can't blame libs for everything.   

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

I thought you Repubs were all about freedom and no government regulation

make up your mind

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
I hate this kind of stupid, pointless and intrusive legislation.   Now if he was trying to ban fat women from wearing yoga pants I might agree.
A

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
I hate this kind of stupid, pointless and intrusive legislation.   Now if he was trying to ban fat women from wearing yoga pants I might agree.

yes

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
He wasn't targeting "yoga pants," but it's still a dumb idea. 

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit

it is a dumb idea which is why I posted what I did. But if comes down to having someones ass exposed there's adouble standard that the left is to damn dumb to see.

And yes 240, you can absolutely blame the left for AT LEAST 80% of the problems this country has.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo

We can all agree fat women should not wear yoga pants.
A

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)

Word.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
it is a dumb idea which is why I posted what I did. But if comes down to having someones ass exposed there's adouble standard that the left is to damn dumb to see.

And yes 240, you can absolutely blame the left for AT LEAST 80% of the problems this country has.
'

You either support impeachment, OR you support obama continuing his shitty agenda. 

THAT IS IT.  You have to pick a side, coach.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.

Followed by people who wear socks with sandals as well. 

TheGrinch

• Getbig V

Semi-Hex

• Getbig II

Now that is a problem.

ritch

• Getbig V

It was the rage the last 2 summers or so by all the loser hipsters. Fuck those people, they piss me the hell off...
?

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Now that is a problem.

Damn Canadian snow birds down here.  Sandals, black socks up to their knees, shorts on, and a damn fanny pack.