Author Topic: Need something to Save the Sport of Bodybuilding  (Read 3648 times)

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
Need something to Save the Sport of Bodybuilding
« on: February 17, 2015, 09:03:14 PM »
Let's face it, it's dying now due to lack of fan interest.  Something needs to be done.  I think if the judging is changed to where 1/4 the score is dependent upon the votes of the audience in attendance (25%) and another 1/4 (25%) is based on instant Internet voting it might drum up more interest in the shows.  It would certainly add more drama.

Arnold is the guy to do it.  Institute this at the Arnold Classic and within a few years thereafter at the Olympia.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Re: Something to Save the Sport of Bodybuilding
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2015, 09:05:26 PM »
25% is too much to give to the audience and internet voters. They will be overwhelmingly subjective. Fans are going to vote for their favorite bodybuilder, not the best bodybuilder. If you let audience and internet voters, you will have people like Branch Warren possibly winning the Mr. Olympia.
X

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2015, 09:07:41 PM »
if audience and internet voting were applied, guys who have absolutely no business would win shows. I don't have the solution, but this is not it!
?

Knooger

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2015, 09:08:43 PM »
25% is too much to give to the audience and internet voters. They will be overwhelmingly subjective. Fans are going to vote for their favorite bodybuilder, not the best bodybuilder. If you let audience and internet voters, you will have people like Branch Warren possibly winning the Mr. Olympia.

If you let the judges decide it will go to whoever sucks the best cock and gives up the most anus.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2015, 09:10:33 PM »
If you let the judges decide it will go to whoever sucks the best cock and gives up the most anus.

As it should be. 

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2015, 09:19:52 PM »

lmao!!!  ;D ;D
X

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2015, 09:23:44 PM »
As it should be. 

As it has always been.

The Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2015, 03:45:48 AM »

He already came second and won the Arnold. How worse could it be.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2015, 03:50:49 AM »
Hahaha! "Sport.."

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2015, 04:21:05 AM »
Maybe, just maybe strict adherence to the so called "rules".
And have those rules published.
No gut. Emphasis on the best combo of mass, shape, size, symmetry.
Have a judges' meeting where pics of prime Flex, 98-99 Ronnie Coleman, prime Milos, Lee Haney, 93 Dorian Yates, Porter Cottrell, Bob Paris, Lee Labrada...and have Ulisses Jr as a live example.

Judges that don't adhere to the rules will be suspended from judging contests for up to 6 months, and if they are also judges and sponsors of the same contest, then one to two year suspension. And ads should  banned from top mags from top sites. In effect, they are punished for a certain time period.

This is to clean up the rampant corruption of the judging.

milone79

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2015, 05:51:49 AM »
solution is far more simple...rotate the judges!!!!!!!!!!  Ex pros and Olympia winners as judges not the phaggot shmoes and girls who never are doing it now and never stepped on stage in their lives!!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2015, 08:12:38 AM »
25% is too much to give to the audience and internet voters.

yep, the 'fanboy' vote is always right behind whoever got the biggest push from the magazines that year.

"Oh, Jay is going to give Phil a run for his money, I can't believe Jay didn't win, great comeback Jay!"

Nah, Jay got a gift 6th and should have been 10th.  But the majority of fans would have had him in 2nd place based upon his 2001 conditioning and cause they love the dude.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2015, 08:25:17 AM »
They should have the competitors weighed and bodyparts measured on stage live.  Have bodyfat levels checked.  Really dig in on the symmetry and proportions (an Arnold favorite).

There should be some audience voting both live and online....those opinions should count.  

Have a pool of judges available for judging, but have them randomly selected live (names out of a hat) immediately before the show....the rest enjoy the show.

Have competitors blood drawn and tested live and results reviewed live.

Have a live interactive Q&A (beyond the competitors meeting before the show) that engages the audience.

Have competitors arm wrestle or have a most reps with 225 competition live.  Have a freakin bb dunking booth......something LOL.

Anything new to drum up some drama and excitement.

I also realize none of what I suggested will ever happen.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2015, 08:32:53 AM »
It's always been, and always will be, a niche.  There is no need to "save" anything.
Y

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2015, 08:55:33 AM »
The real problem has nothing to do with the current judging format.

The problem is that the public now understands that they can't look like that without steroids.  So, you take something that nobody really cared about anyway, and now you garner even less interest from those who might be curious about it.
Y

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2015, 08:58:16 AM »
Put in an athletic round like they did with the old AAU Mr. America contest. They actually had to total a clean and jerk/snatch the day of the contest. That would eliminate all these balloon belly drug bloated guys. Guys might actually have a small waist again.

How about for athletic points they have to run a mile for time, sprint a 100, and a clean and jerk. I bet instead of these 265lbs bloats they would come in under 220lb like the most of the guys in the 1982 Olympia. Since the top ten know couldn't run a 12 minute mile the day of the contest or clean and jerk 300lb it would eliminate all of them.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Need something to Save the Sport of Bodybuilding
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2015, 09:15:10 AM »
I think we should all get together at say, a bowling alley in Kansas, and talk about this stuff in person.

Or, a cabin in snowy Idaho is also an option.

unless you guys have any better ideas.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2015, 09:25:29 AM »
ironmeister's photoshops on a huge screen projected at the olympia!!!

that would save this sport

maxkane69

• Getbig IV
  • PALUMBOISM DESTROYED BODYBUILDING!
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2015, 09:37:15 AM »
HOW TO SAVE BODY BUILDING :

1) GET RID OF JIM MANION AND STEVE WAINBERGER
2) GET RID OF PHYSIQUE,FITNESS FIGURE AND BIKINI COMPETITION
3) FOCUS ONLY ON MALE AND FEMALE BODYBUILDING
4) DO NOT ALLOW "ATLETES" TO COMPETE WITH PROTUDING GUT AND TATTOO
5) FOCUS ON 1-AESTETIC 2-MUSCULARITY AND 3-DEFINITION (IN THIS ORDER OF IMPORTANCE)
6) PUT BACK THE POSING ROUND  
7) DO NOT ALLOW ANY DANCING ON STAGE DURING POSING ROUTINE,JUST CLASSICAL POSE ROUTINE (LEE LABRADA STYLE OF POSING)
8 )ONLY ONE "ATHLETE" IN EACH WEIGHT CLASS AT THE NATIONAL AND USA CAN BECOME PROFESSIONAL EACH YEAR

IN A NUTSHELL GET RID OF THE PIGS THAT RUN THE IFBB AND TRY TO GIVE A MINIMUN OF DECENCY TO THE "SPORT " OF BODYBUILDING !!!

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2015, 09:41:15 AM »
IN A NUTSHELL GET RID OF THE PIGS THAT RUN THE IFBB AND TRY TO GIVE A MINIMUN OF DECENCY TO THE "SPORT " OF BODYBUILDING !!!

Wouldn't make any difference.
Y

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2015, 06:26:02 PM »
Wouldn't make any difference.

I don't care who wins, whether it's Branch Warren or not, but I really don't think that'd happen.  What I think this would do is get more eyeballs for the contests and add some drama and therefore more interest to it.  Right now I think interest is declining more and more every year.

I trust the fans, sorry.  If they want Bertil Fox at the 83 Olympia, then so be it.

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2015, 06:29:43 PM »
One vote for smaller thongs.  Who's with me?
N

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2015, 06:30:48 PM »
So few people give a shit because it's crap.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2015, 07:28:36 PM »
a pussy pulling contest on the streets of vegas the night before the pose down would be great, each competitor choose 3 of the best pussies they can pull for judging , will be added to their overall score

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2015, 09:31:04 PM »
I think pre-judging should be done in the nude in male bodybuilding. (no homo) It's high time the cock gets judged.