Author Topic: Should Cops Be Allowed to Kill for Throwing Stones?  (Read 21916 times)

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Re: Should Cops Be Allowed to Kill for Throwing Stones?
« Reply #300 on: February 23, 2015, 01:32:41 PM »
If you watch the video -

It seems like a case of "okay, we're justified, shoot the fccker!" as opposed to "he's out of rocks, but I feel he's still a threat to life". 

If you or me shot this dude, we're going to jail.  Period.  Toss in the fact this man was out of rocks lol, turning back and/or surrendering...
They felt they had put up with enough, and they used bullets as PUNISHMENT, not as a means of keeping people safe.  They knew what they were doing.  Anyone here that truly believes "yeah, they were scared the unarmed man who was running after throwing rocks was a lethal danger...", well, one day reality will kick you in the fccking teeth lol. 

There are 2 kinds of shoots... those where the cops really have to do it (most of them) and some where the cops figure the bad guy has passed a threshold where they can legally shoot him as punishment.  This feels like that.

Wish we could use you for all our video analysis, you seem to have extraordinary abilities

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #301 on: February 23, 2015, 01:39:01 PM »
he was reaching toward his body and not up as your lying eyes saw lol

was there a magic invisible gun on his body?  I didn't notice it.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #302 on: February 23, 2015, 01:45:27 PM »
if the situation were exactly the same (i.e. you were on the street and this guy was throwing rocks at you) and you shot him I think it's highly unlikely you'd get off scot free

Also, cops face people throwing rocks at them (or worse) in riot situations and they usually don't respond with deadly force

Cops in a riot typically have riot gear. And let me say, if I were NOT in riot gear, if I could accurately shoot someone as they were throwing a brick at my head from a crowd without endangering anyone else, It would certainly be an option for me. Bricks and large rocks can kill.

Ive watched the video a couple times. From the one viewpoint we have which is the view point of the person filming, it appears that shooting at the guy after the rock hit the ground and he had turned to run was a violation of my departments rules. But I also have to acknowledge he was out of camera frame and I have no idea what was going on.  Once he leaves the screen I don't know if he had an opportunity to pick up another rock or pull a knife. While it appears his hands are empty it is a grainy video and it is from some distance. The other eye witnesses and hopefully security cameras from businesses will help establish the facts. I got zero sense from the body language the guy had an intention of surrendering when he turned. Maybe I'm wrong but I didn't get that vibe. If his hands were in fact empty, this is a bad shooting.  

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #303 on: February 23, 2015, 02:06:05 PM »
Cops in a riot typically have riot gear. And let me say, if I were NOT in riot gear, if I could accurately shoot someone as they were throwing a brick at my head from a crowd without endangering anyone else, It would certainly be an option for me. Bricks and large rocks can kill.

Ive watched the video a couple times. From the one viewpoint we have which is the view point of the person filming, it appears that shooting at the guy after the rock hit the ground and he had turned to run was a violation of my departments rules. But I also have to acknowledge he was out of camera frame and I have no idea what was going on.  Once he leaves the screen I don't know if he had an opportunity to pick up another rock or pull a knife. While it appears his hands are empty it is a grainy video and it is from some distance. The other eye witnesses and hopefully security cameras from businesses will help establish the facts. I got zero sense from the body language the guy had an intention of surrendering when he turned. Maybe I'm wrong but I didn't get that vibe. If his hands were in fact empty, this is a bad shooting.   

GREAT post.

We have a bunch of police sympathizers defending the shoot, but really, he never left their field of vision, he didn't scoop another rock. 

They just shot him, IMO, as a "continuation" of the initial shoot.   

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #304 on: February 23, 2015, 02:07:19 PM »
GREAT post.

We have a bunch of police sympathizers defending the shoot, but really, he never left their field of vision, he didn't scoop another rock. 

They just shot him, IMO, as a "continuation" of the initial shoot.   

He may not have left their field of vision, but he certainly left ours. 

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #305 on: February 23, 2015, 02:09:26 PM »
I watched the video again... the man is out of our view for at least 7 seconds. I also saw something drop from his hand as he was shot. No idea what it was.

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #306 on: February 23, 2015, 02:21:55 PM »
I watched the video again... the man is out of our view for at least 7 seconds. I also saw something drop from his hand as he was shot. No idea what it was.

He should of been shot dead just because he was an "orchard worker," translation Illegal Alien!

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #307 on: February 23, 2015, 02:24:08 PM »

Watch the video I posted on pg. 4, it's the clearest I've seen.  After watching it a couple times, it looks like he might have been trying to move a rock from his left hand to his right hand...as if gearing up to throw again.  It also looks like a potential surrender, but I think this is the first time I paid real close attention to his hands...like he was trying to shift a rock.

Also, do you know of this happening to a civilian where the civilian shot somebody throwing rocks at them.  Was if found to be self defense?

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #308 on: February 23, 2015, 02:25:00 PM »
He should of been shot dead just because he was an "orchard worker," translation Illegal Alien!

I can think of a long list of people that should be shot before ever getting close to an orchard worker

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #309 on: February 23, 2015, 03:57:44 PM »
was there a magic invisible gun on his body?  I didn't notice it.

your a dumbass they have a split second to react ,your watching it from your trailer on your computer and after 20 times and you can't even see it right :D :D

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #310 on: February 23, 2015, 04:06:05 PM »
your a dumbass they have a split second to react ,your watching it from your trailer on your computer and after 20 times and you can't even see it right :D :D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #311 on: February 23, 2015, 04:25:12 PM »

Watch the video I posted on pg. 4, it's the clearest I've seen.  After watching it a couple times, it looks like he might have been trying to move a rock from his left hand to his right hand...as if gearing up to throw again.  It also looks like a potential surrender, but I think this is the first time I paid real close attention to his hands...like he was trying to shift a rock.

Also, do you know of this happening to a civilian where the civilian shot somebody throwing rocks at them.  Was if found to be self defense?

I agree.  That's what I saw too.  Could have been shifting a rock or something else.  Could have been nothing. 

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #312 on: February 26, 2015, 02:41:41 PM »

Well, 240...it's looking like he may have been armed with another rock after all.

________________________ _______________________

Investigation Finds Five To Six Bullets Hit Pasco Shooting Victim

Kennewick police investigating the police shooting this month of Antonio Zambrano-Montes told reporters Wednesday bullets entered him from the front, and a rock was found near his body.

Officers fired 17 rounds. Of those, one autopsy shows Zambrano-Montes took five shots, the other said six.

Kennewick police spokesman Ken Lattin told reporters he didn’t want to get too graphic, but it’s sometimes difficult to sort out multiple entry and exit wounds.

“And I can’t tell you of those five or six, which officers they came from either,” he said. “That will come from the final pathology report as well.”

Witnesses say Zambrano-Montes was throwing rocks in a crowded intersection and then ran from police before he was shot. At the press conference, Lattin said a rock was found near his body.

More information may be slow to come; the police investigation wrap-up and the Franklin County coroner’s inquest are expected to take months.

People from the Tri-Cities’ large Latino population have demonstrated against Pasco police and questioned whether officers used excessive force to stop him. They gathered outside Wednesday’s media briefing in Kennewick to give reporters their opinions.

They were disappointed that none of this information was given in Spanish and they were disappointed that the prosecutor seemed to be in lock step with the police investigators, having given these media briefings jointly three times now. They also questioned his ability to be independent and are still calling for a federal investigation of this case.

National TV news trucks and reporters have remained in the Tri-Cities area to cover the case.

Washington state’s American Civil Liberties Union has called for the federal government to conduct an investigation beyond Kennewick police’s study of the incident.

And now a famous civil rights attorney, Benjamin Crump, is representing Zambrano-Montes’ family. Crump has recently represented the families of two famous cases: Trayvon Martin’s family in Florida and Michael Brown’s family in Missouri.

http://www.kplu.org/post/investigation-finds-five-six-bullets-hit-pasco-shooting-victim

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #313 on: February 26, 2015, 04:45:25 PM »
how the fk do you get "he was armed with another rock" from "a rock was found near his body?

They could have been sitting on the ground already, or cops could have been referring to the rock he threw at the 1st shooting place.

Show me there was a rock in his hand when he was shot the 2nd time, please.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #314 on: February 26, 2015, 05:15:01 PM »
Well, 240...it's looking like he may have been armed with another rock after all.

Kennewick police investigating the police shooting this month of Antonio Zambrano-Montes told reporters Wednesday bullets entered him from the front, and a rock was found near his body.

Officers fired 17 rounds. Of those, one autopsy shows Zambrano-Montes took five shots, the other said six.

Kennewick police spokesman Ken Lattin told reporters he didn’t want to get too graphic, but it’s sometimes difficult to sort out multiple entry and exit wounds.

“And I can’t tell you of those five or six, which officers they came from either,” he said. “That will come from the final pathology report as well.”

Witnesses say Zambrano-Montes was throwing rocks in a crowded intersection and then ran from police before he was shot. At the press conference, Lattin said a rock was found near his body.

More information may be slow to come; the police investigation wrap-up and the Franklin County coroner’s inquest are expected to take months.

People from the Tri-Cities’ large Latino population have demonstrated against Pasco police and questioned whether officers used excessive force to stop him. They gathered outside Wednesday’s media briefing in Kennewick to give reporters their opinions.

They were disappointed that none of this information was given in Spanish and they were disappointed that the prosecutor seemed to be in lock step with the police investigators, having given these media briefings jointly three times now. They also questioned his ability to be independent and are still calling for a federal investigation of this case.

National TV news trucks and reporters have remained in the Tri-Cities area to cover the case.

Washington state’s American Civil Liberties Union has called for the federal government to conduct an investigation beyond Kennewick police’s study of the incident.

And now a famous civil rights attorney, Benjamin Crump, is representing Zambrano-Montes’ family. Crump has recently represented the families of two famous cases: Trayvon Martin’s family in Florida and Michael Brown’s family in Missouri.

http://www.kplu.org/post/investigation-finds-five-six-bullets-hit-pasco-shooting-victim

Drain the clips, make it home safe by sunset just in time for a serving of bland, overcooked meatloaf and some stale, boring sympathy sex from the old lady after she hears you had a stressful day having to put down a skitzed out meth head.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #315 on: February 27, 2015, 11:06:46 AM »

Sounds consistent with the video clip, where it looked like he might have something in his hands. 

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #316 on: February 27, 2015, 11:16:34 AM »
how the fk do you get "he was armed with another rock" from "a rock was found near his body?

They could have been sitting on the ground already, or cops could have been referring to the rock he threw at the 1st shooting place.

I saw an object drop fast from his hand as he was shot. They found a rock near his body. If it was at the first shooting place, it wouldn't be found near his body. Certainly a rock could have been sitting near his body to begin with, but coupled with the video it seems TO ME he had a rock in his hand as he was shot. Now if there is additional information forthcoming down the road that proves the rock was there prior to his being shot, and the object that fell was a water balloon, I will adjust my statement.

SKIP- I don't recall off hand a citizen and rock situation though there could be some. A subtle but important difference in citizen vs police in a situation like this is the cop has an expectation placed upon him to deal with the situation. A citizen who follows the person who they believe to be a threat then shoots them would have the additional question to answer of "if you thought it was so dangerous, why the hell did you follow him and put yourself in that position?". The officers are expected to and have a duty to engage. I'm not even saying they handled it like champs, but just pointing out a difference.

If the citizen is in a position where they are confronted and faced with a potential deadly threat like a base ball bat held in a threatening manner, or a large rock being hoisted to throw, I can see the citizen being no billed for deadly force as there are many many examples of those situations to fall back on.       

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #317 on: March 01, 2015, 12:08:43 PM »

I said 'may'.

You're grasping for straws now.

Don't go full retard.  Consider this in a logical manner and accept that many variables point to a legit shoot.