Author Topic: The Flash on CW  (Read 28422 times)

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
Re: The Flash on CW
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2016, 09:00:30 AM »
I`m in no way against having black characters but I do not recall Nick Fury as ever having been black!!

My comment was not racist,I`m just a purist when it comes to comics.

Black Panther,The Falcon,Black Lightning,Black Goliath,Jim Rhodes,etc.,all black characters from jumpstreet.

The Kingpin,Nick Fury,Kid Flash,Jimmy Olsen,etc.e6tc., were not, and should not be black!

Reeves used to quip that there really couldn't be any black superheroes because their weakness was far too plentiful.  Fat white women.  ;D
Yeah...I miss the little guy.  :-[

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2016, 09:15:42 AM »
I`m in no way against having black characters but I do not recall Nick Fury as ever having been black!!

Black Panther,The Falcon,Black Lightning,Black Goliath,Jim Rhodes,etc.,all black characters from jumpstreet.

The Kingpin,Nick Fury,Kid Flash,Jimmy Olsen,etc.e6tc., were not, and should not be black!

Nick Fury in the comics is the other Fury's son. Illegitimate. Black.

KingPin was black in one movie and he's white in Netflix. Non issue. The entire West show on The Flash is a black family. Why not a black Wally? It makes sense.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2016, 09:31:19 AM »

Hey Wes...I'm not in any way acusing you of racism....I've never seen any indication of that from you....what I'm saying is that in this day and age, comic characters must be more diverse...its a question of MONEY as always....they need minorities to watch so as to increase ratings.....what better way than tio make some of the characters black.....

Also again understand that characters were white ON PURPOSE in comics....How can 99% of the characters and heroes in comics be WHITE???...that simply doesn't reflect reality......Also why does it matter SO MUCH what the color of the character is???...just enjoy the show or comic

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2016, 09:33:52 AM »

Yes, because Powerman and T'Challa were only created recently?

Look, I get what you're saying, but there are currently a ton of black comic book characters that they can use. Seriously... tons. In all universes.

Now... as I said before, they modified the entire West family and made them black, which is fine, I have no issue, but what black family is naming their kid Wally?
Come on.

If we stick to just DC, we could go with the Green Lantern,  John Stewart (1971) or how about Tempest (1977)... Black Lightning... (1977) or Ralph Jackson (1945)

what white family has a kid named "Barry"????..... ;D

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2016, 09:46:41 AM »

Obama's maternal grandparents?  ;D

By the way, Happy New Year, brother!  ;D

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2016, 09:55:11 AM »
Obama's maternal grandparents?  ;D

By the way, Happy New Year, brother!  ;D

Happy New Year!

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2016, 10:33:24 AM »
Dude..just enjoy the show..you sound like a faggoty white guy...if you were a TRUE comic fan you would know that there have been black comic characters in the comics who later on were re-incarnated as white guys....

Also you would further know that it was racism which prevented many of these characters from being black anyway

You're missing the point.  It's not that he's black or white or whatever but it's how they push a square peg into a round hole by forcing in a black person into the role of a white character. 

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2016, 11:24:06 AM »

You're missing the point.  It's not that he's black or white or whatever but it's how they push a square peg into a round hole by forcing in a black person into the role of a white character. 

AndreDaPorchMonkey is not the brightest bulb/sharpest tool in the shed, he doesn't understand things like that.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2016, 12:06:39 PM »

How is this a square peg? I haven't and don't plan on see that lame show super girl. 
But, all these black actors are playing the roles the same way a white person would play it. You could have a white guy read the same exact movie script and it would sound the same.  ::)
A

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2016, 12:29:34 PM »
How is this a square peg? I haven't and don't plan on see that lame show super girl. 
But, all these black actors are playing the roles the same way a white person would play it. You could have a white guy read the same exact movie script and it would sound the same.  ::)

They changed the Flash's adoptive parents and love interest into being a black family.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2016, 12:36:41 PM »

Jimmy Olsen in Supergirl is now a blackie and that series is promoting mudsharking.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2016, 12:57:33 PM »
Nick Fury in the comics is the other Fury's son. Illegitimate. Black.

KingPin was black in one movie and he's white in Netflix. Non issue. The entire West show on The Flash is a black family. Why not a black Wally? It makes sense.
Thanks for clearing that up Tu....I stand corrected.

Never saw the Flash on TV so I had no clue....was going strictly by the comic book.

How `bout Electro being played by Jamie Foxx..........he never was a black villian in the comic?

Not being racist,just don`t like when they change established longtime characters that drastically.

If they were black to begin with,I wouldn`t have a problem with it at all.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2016, 01:00:19 PM »
They changed the Flash's adoptive parents and love interest into being a black family.
And? Did you read my post? Or are you just a dumb hick?
A

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2016, 01:06:33 PM »
Hey Wes...I'm not in any way acusing you of racism....I've never seen any indication of that from you....what I'm saying is that in this day and age, comic characters must be more diverse...its a question of MONEY as always....they need minorities to watch so as to increase ratings.....what better way than tio make some of the characters black.....

Also again understand that characters were white ON PURPOSE in comics....How can 99% of the characters and heroes in comics be WHITE???...that simply doesn't reflect reality......Also why does it matter SO MUCH what the color of the character is???...just enjoy the show or comic
Andre`,I didn`t mean to imply that buddy............didn`t sound like I wanted it to sound after I read it!  ;D

You`re right,money does come into play as do ratings which is of course al;l about money.

I honestly could care less which characters are black or white,just stay true to form is all I`m saying.

If Hollywood had any fucking imagination,they would think up more black heroes/villians/charachters not change them from white to black or fucking Chinese!  ;D

They could think up a black character that isn`t even in a comic what with the way they take liberties to fuck with already established tenets.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2016, 01:08:29 PM »
Reeves used to quip that there really couldn't be any black superheroes because their weakness was far too plentiful.  Fat white women.  ;D
Yeah...I miss the little guy.  :-[
I miss him too dude,he was fucking hilarious.  :D

You`re doing an OK job pinch hitting though!   ;)

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2016, 02:01:45 PM »

Barry is an Anglo-Saxon white person name. :P

How `bout Electro being played by Jamie Foxx..........he never was a black villian in the comic?

I don't think he's ever been black. They used the "Ultimate Spiderman" universe version, which creates an even bigger group of issues when it comes to understanding characters.

They just recently merged the "Ultimate" universe with the standard Marvel Universe... It's kind of cloudy right now.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2016, 02:05:14 PM »
Barry is an Anglo-Saxon white person name. :P

I don't think he's ever been black. They used the "Ultimate Spiderman" universe version, which creates an even bigger group of issues when it comes to understanding characters.

They just recently merged the "Ultimate" universe with the standard Marvel Universe... It's kind of cloudy right now.
Dude,I`m a huge comic fan and collector and let me just say that todays comics are completely fucked up!!

Artwork is terrible,plots are dark and dreary and the character development sucks.

I collect older comics from the 40`s to the early to mid 90`s when they were great not just mediocre.

OK,I`m done now!!  :D

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2016, 02:11:21 PM »
Dude,I`m a huge comic fan and collector and let me just say that todays comics are completely fucked up!!

Artwork is terrible,plots are dark and dreary and the character development sucks.

I collect older comics from the 40`s to the early to mid 90`s when they were great not just mediocre.

OK,I`m done now!!  :D

There are very few comics that I consider "great" right now.

It's the companies though... They don't know how to make interesting stories, so it's all the same let's blow up our entire universe thing over and over again.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2016, 02:13:44 PM »
There are very few comics that I consider "great" right now.

It's the companies though... They don't know how to make interesting stories, so it's all the same let's blow up our entire universe thing over and over again.
You hit the nail on the head with that tired old scenario.   :(

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2016, 02:18:10 PM »
so many people getting upset about ficticious characters

it would try the patience of a saint : )

Barry is short for Finbar as in Saint Finbar https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finbarr_of_Cork

Fictitious, yes.  The problem lies in that these characters are mostly from their childhood.  Like it or not, few people enjoy having their childhood memories intercoursed with in the name of political correctness and/or the almighty dollar. 

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2016, 02:38:32 PM »
Get those kneegers off my TV!

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2016, 06:41:48 PM »
AndreDaPorchMonkey is not the brightest bulb/sharpest tool in the shed, he doesn't understand things like that.

it figures you would enter the thread with something negative...we are having an intellectual discussion here you stupid fucking idiot.....go back to being Dropping Plate's bottom you dumb yellow idiot

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: January 05, 2016, 06:43:35 PM »

so whats it to you?..if they changed it to a Chinese family would it bother you as much?????....I doubt it

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2016, 01:05:51 AM »
so whats it to you?..if they changed it to a Chinese family would it bother you as much?????....I doubt it
It would bother me dammit!!  LOL  ;D

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2016, 06:16:53 AM »
No doubt there.

Sure would bother me and anyone knowledgeable about the source-material.
(Mostly the older generation, the new generation is already corrupted and doesn't know any better. They're raised with the current PC-values)

You just don't do things like that.

All the things that has happened (changes, be it in art, media, literature or at work) after 2000+ is a true representation of the current PC-climate and liberal society.

Gone are the family values of old and is instead replaced with things like replacing old characters in media with burrheads / other coloreds / women (which is just in line with the current PC-agenda), utilizing the colored racial quota (be it in employment or education) as well as promoting interracial relations.