Author Topic: Random Bodybuilding Pics  (Read 5230367 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Re: Random Bodybuilding Pics
« Reply #8550 on: September 20, 2016, 03:40:07 PM »
COACH, A coincidence!

I didn't now Brignole well but I did meet him a couple of times at Bill's in Pasadena. At that time he was either training for or had already won some teen age bodybuilding contest.

A lot of great athletes used to train there and some interesting stories about some of Bill's members moving to Gold;s Santa Monica with Bill's definite approval since Gold's was promoting the America that year.

Also knew Wayne Bouvier at that time. He passed away way too early.

He used to ride a very small motorcycle (scooter) and was way too big for it which made him look like he was floating at high speeds down the highway. His build managed to hide every part of that 'bike'.

Do you recall Solo Elfrenzy and/or Rob Johnson back in them good old days? How about Harry and Judy and all the other regulars?

Good days back then.

Stunt,

Everyone you mentioned I knew (and some still know) well. Harry (Bills brother) was the first person I met when I got there when I was about 14 and he's the one that signed me up. I didn't know it was Bills brother until Bill actually walked into the office and introduced me. Bill was washing the gym towels at the time barefoot with the sweats rolled up just above his knees and rolled up sleeves. As kid looking at him speechless. Huge calves and forearms.

I knew Wayne well and when Bills closed he and I went to Astro gym in San Gabriel. After that we lost contact. I had no idea he passed away. Solo Elfaizy is still around and I remember sometime last year Bill posted an old pic of him and a couple of other Pearls regulars out in from the old gym on Green St. I asked if Solo was still around and Bill said they still speak frequently.

Not sure if you remember but Dr. Drew Pinski and his father worked out there as well for along time and when Bills closed he also went to the Astro gym. During the times at Pearls Drew was just entering Med school then later Love Line on KROQ. His father was our family physician and then Drew took over the practice and he became our physician.

I still keep in contact with Doug and dispite not having his father around was always a solid individual. His mom raised him right and always and to this day has a passion for success.

I swear I must have a million stories from that gym. Next to having my son, that was BY FAR the best times of my life.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8551 on: September 20, 2016, 04:12:07 PM »
COACH, Thanks for the response!  I will be responding to your response as soon as I get some free time. Hopefully this evening, but if yu knew Solo you must have definitely met Rob Johnson.

Rob and Solo were best friends and Rob joined Bill's gym with the intent of winning some national bodybuilding titles.

During his first meeting with Bill, Bil told him that he had some damn good potential but would have to drop his body fat percentage real low before going on any regimented program.

Rob eventually became close to Bill and his family and if I recall correctly he was dating Judy's (?) sister for a while.

One day aftert a decent workout Rob asked me to go with him while he got a haircut at some gym right on the edge of  the LA Basin civilization because it was all desert directly across the highway all the way through the  Mojave and beyond.

That's when I first met Rory who must have still been a teenage at that time. He was working in the gym and giving members a haircut for some extra income. Even then he has some great BB potential.

And many years later I met Joe Valdez (through Rory if I recall correctly) and we became good friends although I lived thousands of miles further west but we'd meet for lunch during one or more of the yearly Cal NPC events.

I don't know if Joe ever finished his book about the movie industry titled  something like, "Why is Everyone in Hollywood Famous Except Me?!"

We talked about his book on many occasions but I don't think it ever got published.

If I recall correctly, Joe was one of the instrumental persons who got the NPC started and off the ground.

One again,those were the good old days! It actually made  no matter in which gym you trained at.

My gym history is somewhat different than your's but still worth recalling  due to the numerous gym-member murders, drug dealings, diamond heists, questionable disapperances and other unbelievable or questionable shit that would be worth writing a book about simply because  'my'  gym had somewhat less than 200 members at the peak of its existence and more crime than can fit in a 747.

And those questionable 'gym experiences' included a few well known individuals who are often talked about on this Board.

A good percentage of  those gym members were involved in some illicit shenanigan that the law often investigated but seldom persecuted.

But still ....them were the good old days not simply because of any particular gym .... but simply due to the fact that everything was totally different way back then and bodybuilding and everything related to the lifting of heavy things was relatively unknown and a complete mystery to the vast majority of every earth residing creature.

It was something like a very exclusive group of hard living individuals who had to have a 300 bench press  or better to even gain acceptance.

Nuff said,..... Thanks Coach.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8552 on: September 20, 2016, 05:05:58 PM »
Luke Sandoe iPhone Series. 3 weeks out UKBFF Finals 2016. LEG DAY 

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #8553 on: September 20, 2016, 09:13:25 PM »
COACH, Thanks for the response!  I will be responding to your response as soon as I get some free time. Hopefully this evening, but if yu knew Solo you must have definitely met Rob Johnson.

Rob and Solo were best friends and Rob joined Bill's gym with the intent of winning some national bodybuilding titles.

During his first meeting with Bill, Bil told him that he had some damn good potential but would have to drop his body fat percentage real low before going on any regimented program.

Rob eventually became close to Bill and his family and if I recall correctly he was dating Judy's (?) sister for a while.

One day aftert a decent workout Rob asked me to go with him while he got a haircut at some gym right on the edge of  the LA Basin civilization because it was all desert directly across the highway all the way through the  Mojave and beyond.

That's when I first met Rory who must have still been a teenage at that time. He was working in the gym and giving members a haircut for some extra income. Even then he has some great BB potential.

And many years later I met Joe Valdez (through Rory if I recall correctly) and we became good friends although I lived thousands of miles further west but we'd meet for lunch during one or more of the yearly Cal NPC events.

I don't know if Joe ever finished his book about the movie industry titled  something like, "Why is Everyone in Hollywood Famous Except Me?!"

We talked about his book on many occasions but I don't think it ever got published.

If I recall correctly, Joe was one of the instrumental persons who got the NPC started and off the ground.

One again,those were the good old days! It actually made  no matter in which gym you trained at.

My gym history is somewhat different than your's but still worth recalling  due to the numerous gym-member murders, drug dealings, diamond heists, questionable disapperances and other unbelievable or questionable shit that would be worth writing a book about simply because  'my'  gym had somewhat less than 200 members at the peak of its existence and more crime than can fit in a 747.

And those questionable 'gym experiences' included a few well known individuals who are often talked about on this Board.

A good percentage of  those gym members were involved in some illicit shenanigan that the law often investigated but seldom persecuted.

But still ....them were the good old days not simply because of any particular gym .... but simply due to the fact that everything was totally different way back then and bodybuilding and everything related to the lifting of heavy things was relatively unknown and a complete mystery to the vast majority of every earth residing feature.

It was something like a very exclusive group of hard living individuals who had to have a 300 bench press  or better to even gain acceptance.

Nuff said,..... Thanks Coach.

I know the name Rob Johnson but for the life of me I can't put the name to the face.

Simple Simon

« Reply #8554 on: September 20, 2016, 10:16:44 PM »
Luke Sandoe iPhone Series. 3 weeks out UKBFF Finals 2016. LEG DAY 

looks way out for three weeks, hope its just water

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8555 on: September 22, 2016, 11:28:44 AM »
Michael Kefalianos before Arnold Classic Spain this weekend

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #8556 on: September 22, 2016, 12:02:01 PM »
Michael Kefalianos before Arnold Classic Spain this weekend

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

He must be pushing Dexter's age, but he's still in great shape.

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #8557 on: September 23, 2016, 06:46:06 AM »

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8558 on: September 23, 2016, 09:02:23 AM »

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #8559 on: September 23, 2016, 10:29:18 AM »
 8)

French

• Getbig IV
  • Solana @ 2000$
« Reply #8560 on: September 23, 2016, 12:17:39 PM »
perfection. the right balance and mass.
$

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #8561 on: September 23, 2016, 02:25:56 PM »

Damn, who is that?  He looks like a statue.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8562 on: September 23, 2016, 03:08:49 PM »
Arnold Amateur Spain webcast

videos

OB1

• Getbig IV
  • "Happiness equals reality minus expectations."
« Reply #8563 on: September 23, 2016, 03:13:00 PM »

Calves and forearms are lacking.
But yes, not bad.
©

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8564 on: September 24, 2016, 10:12:08 AM »
Arnold Classic Europe 2016 - Juniors Top 6 Comparisons

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #8565 on: September 24, 2016, 11:01:45 AM »
Arnold Classic Europe 2016 - Juniors Top 6 Comparisons

Nice to see Wesley Vissers (far left) placing well :)

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8566 on: September 24, 2016, 11:08:04 PM »
Arnold Classic Europe 2016 Pro Sandro Hofer Posing

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #8567 on: September 25, 2016, 08:40:37 AM »
 8)

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #8568 on: September 25, 2016, 08:50:36 AM »

Uh, arms are around 14 inches. He looks good but 'perfection'?

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #8569 on: September 25, 2016, 09:02:35 AM »
 :)

Hack Benchers

« Reply #8570 on: September 25, 2016, 09:06:11 AM »
8)
Yeah buddy Arnold looking sharp!!
Pumping Iron wil never die!!!!!

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8571 on: September 25, 2016, 11:33:47 AM »
Nice to see Wesley Vissers (far left) placing well :)

Luke Rebolo took second in the Juniors and Overall open in the Amateur.

http://www.eastlabs.sk/arnold-classic/5111/2016-arnold-classic-europe-bodybuilding-overall-champion

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #8572 on: September 25, 2016, 11:48:41 AM »
Luke Rebolo took second in the Juniors and Overall open in the Amateur.

http://www.eastlabs.sk/arnold-classic/5111/2016-arnold-classic-europe-bodybuilding-overall-champion

Second in the Juniors? I assume you mean first in his class, since he won the overalls.
Not the best conditioning & posing, but pretty massive for being a junior.

Simple Simon

« Reply #8573 on: September 25, 2016, 12:01:46 PM »

not a pleasing physique at all.

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #8574 on: September 25, 2016, 12:22:19 PM »
Hey, at least he's not short