Author Topic: Damn, that Empire show on Fox is bananas!!!  (Read 8852 times)

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
Re: Damn, that Empire show on Fox is bananas!!!
« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2015, 08:31:32 AM »
The argument goes that most of TV is, by default, white entertainment TV.

The argument is problematic.  They are by default white but not intentionally white.  They are simply marketing to the largest demographic for monetary not racial reasons.  So you have a difference of intent and design.

These default white networks are experiencing pressure to include minorities while race based networks like BET are not.  BET is intentionally exclusionary and allowed and even encouraged to be so. NBC is not intentionally exclusionary and is pressured to be inclusive.  
A

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2015, 08:39:15 AM »
No shit. I wasnt implying that only black people have access to those networks.

I just think its time to have a name change. Why do they have to preface it with black?

Its makes wholesome white folk embarrassed to watch.

Mom: what are you watching dear?

Me: BET mom

Mom: is that some type of gameshow network?

Me: No mom, its black entertainment television.

Mom: (blank stare)
Here is the bigger questions: 1) Why is your mom questioning what you are watching? 2)And why
is a 30 something having this discussion with his mother, unless he lived with her?

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2015, 09:52:53 AM »
Here is the bigger questions: 1) Why is your mom questioning what you are watching? 2)And why
is a 30 something having this discussion with his mother, unless he lived with her?
It was a joke scenario. One Im sure that has played out in countless white suburban homes.

We will never truely be equals until we stop focusing on black and white.

I want to know Parker as a man, not as a black man.

That_Dude

• Getbig III
« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2015, 02:39:06 PM »
I'm in Aus so single phase input would be 230v.  3ph is 415v here so I'm hoping that's what will come out the other side.  The sticker on the unit says both input & output are 230v-480v so maybe it's something I program.  Obvious newb.  

I got the rating from a chart for different models (mine's a PDL electronics/Schneider Electric Microdrive Elite ME-46, 27kg weight) giving 22kw at 415v.  Stay away from the top 10% on the speed range?

PS - Except for the big mill most of my equipment is low draw.  2 lathes and a small mill ranging from 1.5HP-5HP.

I wouldn't say stay away from the top end frequency wise but you would definitely want to monitor your motors temperature near the upper end. With the voltage being somewhat unstable the motor will draw more current at the upper frequency. This in turn creates a lot of heat which is your motors enemy. As far as the vfd you would have to program the desired output in its parameter set.   Good luck, let me know how you make out.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #54 on: February 28, 2015, 05:35:33 AM »
I wouldn't say stay away from the top end frequency wise but you would definitely want to monitor your motors temperature near the upper end. With the voltage being somewhat unstable the motor will draw more current at the upper frequency. This in turn creates a lot of heat which is your motors enemy. As far as the vfd you would have to program the desired output in its parameter set.   Good luck, let me know how you make out.

Thanks for the advice, Dude.  I can't decide if this thing will transform or not, so will just have to see and possibly screw with wye/delta configurations if it doesn't.

Will definitely keep an eye on motor temps.  Got a 3 speed one from the 40s original to the lathe that I don't want to fuck up.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #55 on: February 28, 2015, 05:38:33 AM »
It was a joke scenario. One Im sure that has played out in countless white suburban homes.

We will never truely be equals until we stop focusing on black and white.

I want to know Parker as a man, not as a black man.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parker_%28character%29