Author Topic: Will John Wick Be The Next Matrix?  (Read 5418 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Will John Wick Be The Next Matrix?
« on: February 28, 2015, 01:55:28 PM »
For Keanu Reeves? Already talks on John Wick 2, video games, comic books, other merchandise

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
Re: Will John Wick Be The Next Matrix?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2015, 01:57:02 PM »
loved the Gun shootout/fighting style in it

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2015, 01:57:36 PM »
For Keanu Reeves? Already talks on John Wick 2, video games, comic books, other merchandise

Maybe if they had marketed it better, I think it will do really well on blueray by word of mouth.Cost fuckall to make though so they made a good profit on cinema alone, even on its limited release, look forward to the sequel.

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2015, 01:59:07 PM »
He shoots everyone in the head. Literally point blank right in the head
Loved it.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2015, 02:05:52 PM »
I once saw him kill three people in a bar with a pencil , with a pencil !!

yet he gets his ass kicked by Theon Greyjoy  ::) It was worth a watch but get serious

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2015, 02:06:44 PM »
http://www.pajiba.com/trade_news/keanu-reeves-thinks-it-sucks-that-he-doesnt-get-studio-movie-offers-anymore.php

Keanu Reeves Thinks It 'Sucks' That He Doesn't Get Studio Movie Offers Anymore

In two separate interviews published this week — one on Screencrush, and another on Indiewire — Keanu Reeves spoke to the fact that he hasn’t really worked on a big studio film since 2008’s The Day the Earth Stood Still, except for the financial flop, 47 Ronin. Reeves has been working in a lot of indie films, lately, and while that’s fine and dandy, he’s prefer it if he were still working on bigger films.

“I haven’t been getting many offers from the studios,” he told Indiewire. Asked if he was OK with that, he responded:

No, it sucks, but it’s just the way it is. You can have positive and negative experiences, but what I like about studios are the resources and the worlds that they can create. Obviously, a lot of good filmmakers work on studio movies. Even when I was working on studio movies more often, I was always doing independent movies. So for me, that was just not happening, but I want to keep going, making things, and telling stories. I want to be able to do that — to be an actor, a director, to produce, you know? If we’re going to do a delineation between studio and independent [films], I was always hoping to do both.

Over on Screencrush, he explained he “doesn’t know why” he hasn’t gotten big studio offers, but admits that it’s allowed him to do new and interesting things. “Yeah, absolutely, knock on wood. I’ve always tried to make stuff doing different genres, so, for me, yeah, it was OK.”

Of course, this happened to Keanu Reeves once before. He went five years after Speed before he had another big hit, and then Matrix resurrected his career. Given the stellar notices on John Wick, which opens this weekend, and the fact that the film — I hear — does something fun and intesting with the action genre, it could very well represent another Matrix rebound for Reeves, although even if it doesn’t, he’ll be coming to television soon with Rain, a mini-series based on the best-selling book series by Barry Eisler.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2015, 02:07:02 PM »
Maybe if they had marketed it better, I think it will do really well on blueray by word of mouth.Cost fuckall to make though so they made a good profit on cinema alone, even on its limited release, look forward to the sequel.
They set it up, so that you'd want to delve into the backstory of this hitman who is so feared that "you get him to kill the boogeyman". A hitman with impeccable aim, and knows martial arts. So, this means that they are going to have flesh out the character. How did he get his start? What was the job that he did that built that mobster's foundation?

They ask if he is back (from retirement), and he says that yes he is back. Again, this could set up a future storyline.

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2015, 02:09:30 PM »

yet he gets his ass kicked by Theon Greyjoy  ::) It was worth a watch but get serious

In real life he used to date David Geffen and live with him

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2015, 02:09:38 PM »
Tom Brady's Baby Momma got like 2 minutes of screen time tops lol

the little dog probably got more time then Bridget Moynahan

latiuss

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2015, 02:10:54 PM »
Keanu  needs to do bill&ted 3

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2015, 02:12:16 PM »

To be fair, he was hit from behind---I think with a bat. And got effed up by 3 dudes.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2015, 02:17:12 PM »
To be fair, he was hit from behind---I think with a bat. And got effed up by 3 dudes.

Yeah but still the ultimate badass isn't getting jacked by three dudes , that point alone spoiled the movie for me. An army of trained assassins return to his house armed to the teeth and he has zero problem killing every single one of them.

I think a dude with his skill set isn't getting taken down by three dudes no matter what

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2015, 02:23:48 PM »
Yeah but still the ultimate badass isn't getting jacked by three dudes , that point alone spoiled the movie for me. An army of trained assassins return to his house armed to the teeth and he has zero problem killing every single one of them.

I think a dude with his skill set isn't getting taken down by three dudes no matter what

I think the point was that since he'd been with his wife he changed, let his guard down, softened up.After they killed the last gift from his wife he went back to full killer mode, eyes looking in all directions at all times like Vissy at a Pride parade.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2015, 02:26:35 PM »
In John Wick 2, he will go after Vince Basile.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2015, 02:27:53 PM »
In John Wick 2, he will go after Vince Basile.

In John Wick 2, John Wick gets murdered and the dog goes on a rampage.

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
  • King of Cybex Glute Machine
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2015, 02:28:49 PM »
dont think so didnt do spectacular at the box office, did ok for the low budget

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2015, 02:29:23 PM »
dont think so didnt do spectacular at the box office, did ok for the low budget

Because it barely got released anywhere

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2015, 02:30:21 PM »
I think the point was that since he'd been with his wife he changed, let his guard down, softened up.After they killed the last gift from his wife he went back to full killer mode, eyes looking in all directions at all times like Vissy at a Pride parade.
exactly.
Even at the club under the hotel, the bartender said that she had never seen him like this before. And he said like what, and she said "Vunerable".

The man had been out of the game so long, and he also wouldn't think that dudes would come to his house, to mess with him.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2015, 02:35:03 PM »
exactly.
Even at the club under the hotel, the bartender said that she had never seen him like this before. And he said like what, and she said "Vunerable".

The man had been out of the game so long, and he also wouldn't think that dudes would come to his house, to mess with him.

The man had been out of the game so long

That holds no water , that night they return to his house and he destroys everyone. his skills magically appear within 24 hours?  ::) they kills his dog but don't kill him?  ::) they just returned from Jersey from killing people that's a major plot hole

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2015, 02:43:44 PM »
That holds no water , that night they return to his house and he destroys everyone. his skills magically appear within 24 hours?  ::) they kills his dog but don't kill him?  ::) they just returned from Jersey from killing people that's a major plot hole
No, his skills don't magically come back. He's good, but still human. He is not thinking, "hey people are going to come to my house tonight"

And the big question was how did they know where he lived, unless they followed him? And yes, that is major plot hole. Ok, so you got me thinking. The kid is low level, not as good as his dad's henchmen, and too brash.
How he and his goons knew where John Wick lived is a puzzle.

Also, I think that the writers wanted it to be that they just wanted his car, and that's it. But, people who do what they do, chances are wouldn't leave witnesses...so John would have been killed.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2015, 02:51:50 PM »
No, his skills don't magically come back. He's good, but still human. He is not thinking, "hey people are going to come to my house tonight"

And the big question was how did they know where he lived, unless they followed him? And yes, that is major plot hole. Ok, so you got me thinking. The kid is low level, not as good as his dad's henchmen, and too brash.

Also, I think that the writers wanted it to be that they just wanted his car, and that's it. But, people who do what they do, chances are wouldn't leave witnesses...so John would have been killed.

Fairly simple, took down his license plate then got his name and address from some corrupt cop they pay.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2015, 02:57:57 PM »

I think the premise is guys like him are the elite-of-the-elite and some chumps aren't going to get the drop on him regardless and they did follow him after the gas station because he wanted the car that's what I read on the plot summary on IMDB

We're supposed to believe the best assassin on the planet A) wouldn't know he's being followed ( especially after the initial confrontation at the gas station ) B) not realize a dog barking in the middle of the night is a sign of someone is around the house C) He has a state-of-the-art home with no alarm system? and if he did they somehow managed to circumvent it?  ::) 

This is a guy who killed three people in a bar with a pencil lol he killed probably 20 guys later that night in his own home lol I don't know maybe I'm just knitpicking but that's all I could keep thinking lol this 130lb kid goyt the drop on " John Wick "

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2015, 03:00:57 PM »
it was kinda cool to see lester and Lt Daniels back together again

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2015, 03:15:53 PM »
I think the premise is guys like him are the elite-of-the-elite and some chumps aren't going to get the drop on him regardless and they did follow him after the gas station because he wanted the car that's what I read on the plot summary on IMDB

We're supposed to believe the best assassin on the planet A) wouldn't know he's being followed ( especially after the initial confrontation at the gas station ) B) not realize a dog barking in the middle of the night is a sign of someone is around the house C) He has a state-of-the-art home with no alarm system? and if he did they somehow managed to circumvent it?  ::) 

This is a guy who killed three people in a bar with a pencil lol he killed probably 20 guys later that night in his own home lol I don't know maybe I'm just knitpicking but that's all I could keep thinking lol this 130lb kid goyt the drop on " John Wick "
If you notice that his house is most all glass?
One, that is good for an assassin, he can see people around corners, walls.
Two, maybe it's symbolism? A symbol for people who live in glass houses? He was an assassin and people come to his home and kill his dog and take his car. Later on people come to kill him, just like he has done in the past.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2015, 10:53:31 AM »
I'm really surprised this movie was so well received... Fights were beyond tedious

Blackhat came out around the same time, got panned, but had far better action scenes.  Taste of peace, I guess.