Author Topic: Is liberalism dying? Pew Study finds MSNBC 85% opinion  (Read 8758 times)

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
Re: Is liberalism dying? Pew Study finds MSNBC 85% opinion
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2015, 01:28:10 PM »
I liked the part where the Hispanic candidate blatantly announced that Harlem is "our" district now.

I can only imagine the look of confusion on their faces. "Wait! That's my line" and they can't say a damn thing about it. They just have to take it.  I'm beginning to see the light on Hispanic immigration.
A

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2015, 01:35:36 PM »
I can only imagine the look of confusion on their faces. "Wait! That's my line" and they can't say a damn thing about it. They just have to take it.  I'm beginning to see the light on Hispanic immigration.

You would still never be able to convince them it was their hero Obama who ultimately sold them down the river.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2015, 01:45:33 PM »
You would still never be able to convince them it was their hero Obama who ultimately sold them down the river.

Nope.  It's the same old story, short term gains with long term consequences.
A

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2015, 02:08:51 PM »
Nope.  It's the same old story, short term gains with long term consequences.

There is a decent chance Mexican born Jesus Garcia beats Rahm Emanuel in Chicago as well.

RAHM EMANUEL FACES STIFF ODDS IN RUN-OFF ELECTION

Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel is not nearly as well-liked as past mayors. In fact, he is the first mayor in Chicago’s history forced into a run-off election instead of winning re-election handily.

With his opponent within single digits in the polls, this mayor is facing the fight of his political life.

At the end of February Emanuel garnered more than 48 percent of the vote in a five-way race for mayor. His next closest opponent, Jesus “Chuy” Garcia, only got to 26 percent. But because Rahm didn’t reach that magic 50 percent plus, he is now forced into a run off with Garcia — the first run off in Chicago’s history.

But while Garcia only reached 26 percent the first time around, his poll numbers have surged since the run off was announced. In fact, Chuy is now within a few percentage points of Emanuel.

A recent poll found Emanuel pulling 42.9 percent to Garcia’s 38.5 percent with a margin of error of +/-3.2, putting Garcia nearly within the margin or error.

Rahm Emanuel, Obama former Chief of Staff, had the President’s support not to mention tens of millions more in his campaign coffers than Garcia. But money wasn’t the game changer that many assumed it would be in this election.

Emanuel appears poised to use that huge cash advantage to fund scorched earth-styled TV ads against his resurgent opponent.

Along with his own $30-million campaign warchest, Emanuel is also getting the help of a PAC he set up called Chicago Forward.

Still, many forces have lined up against Emanuel’s re-election, not the least of which is the Chicago Teachers Union. The teachers aren’t the only union that stands against the mayor, though. Emanuel has never been a union favorite and for his re-election the unions were somewhat split over the mayor.

Emanuel also has a problem with the African American vote. Certainly Hispanics favor Garcia. Some election watchers are saying that this race is about to become a race argument, with Emanuel trying to pit the African American vote against the Hispanic vote.

In any case, if Emanuel can’t widen the gap between himself and Garcia he could actually lose this election.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2015, 02:23:13 PM »
There is a decent chance Mexican born Jesus Garcia beats Rahm Emanuel in Chicago as well.

RAHM EMANUEL FACES STIFF ODDS IN RUN-OFF ELECTION

Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel is not nearly as well-liked as past mayors. In fact, he is the first mayor in Chicago’s history forced into a run-off election instead of winning re-election handily.

With his opponent within single digits in the polls, this mayor is facing the fight of his political life.

At the end of February Emanuel garnered more than 48 percent of the vote in a five-way race for mayor. His next closest opponent, Jesus “Chuy” Garcia, only got to 26 percent. But because Rahm didn’t reach that magic 50 percent plus, he is now forced into a run off with Garcia — the first run off in Chicago’s history.

But while Garcia only reached 26 percent the first time around, his poll numbers have surged since the run off was announced. In fact, Chuy is now within a few percentage points of Emanuel.

A recent poll found Emanuel pulling 42.9 percent to Garcia’s 38.5 percent with a margin of error of +/-3.2, putting Garcia nearly within the margin or error.

Rahm Emanuel, Obama former Chief of Staff, had the President’s support not to mention tens of millions more in his campaign coffers than Garcia. But money wasn’t the game changer that many assumed it would be in this election.

Emanuel appears poised to use that huge cash advantage to fund scorched earth-styled TV ads against his resurgent opponent.

Along with his own $30-million campaign warchest, Emanuel is also getting the help of a PAC he set up called Chicago Forward.

Still, many forces have lined up against Emanuel’s re-election, not the least of which is the Chicago Teachers Union. The teachers aren’t the only union that stands against the mayor, though. Emanuel has never been a union favorite and for his re-election the unions were somewhat split over the mayor.

Emanuel also has a problem with the African American vote. Certainly Hispanics favor Garcia. Some election watchers are saying that this race is about to become a race argument, with Emanuel trying to pit the African American vote against the Hispanic vote.

In any case, if Emanuel can’t widen the gap between himself and Garcia he could actually lose this election.

I'm changing my tune on immigration.  Maybe it is a good thing.  My wife is half Hispanic.
A

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2015, 02:25:17 PM »

I'm changing my tune on immigration.  Maybe it is a good thing.  My wife is half Hispanic.

Legal immigration is a good thing. 

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2015, 02:32:06 PM »

I've got to admit some of the Border towns I've personally visited...Laredo, Eagle Pass, McAllen etc actually weren't that bad. Good service at restaurants. Family oriented people. Seems like night and day compared to some of the footage I've seen of Detroit and Chicago.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2015, 02:41:20 PM »
I've got to admit some of the Border towns I've personally visited...Laredo, Eagle Pass, McAllen etc actually weren't that bad. Good service at restaurants. Family oriented people. Seems like night and day compared to some of the footage I've seen of Detroit and Chicago.

Mexicans by and large are nice , soft people, who want to work, and not prone to rioting, looting, etc 

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2015, 02:43:26 PM »

I spent time in California several times a year and I always see Mexicans working.  There are ghettos I'm sure but Mexicans, at least recent immigrants, seem to work a lot harder than their progeny.
A

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2015, 02:56:12 PM »
There are cracks and these cracks will only grow larger over time.  The biggest conflict on the horizon isn't white/Hispanic or even white/black but Hispanic/black.  Right now blacks are playing the useful idiots for the Hispanic agenda but that's not going to last. When Hispanics get the numbers they strong arm blacks out of the way  Hispanics are pushing out blacks from their neighbors and the tension is high between the two communities. Hispanics are also leap frogging blacks in every metric of success.

This is really really laughable......goes to show what happens when a guy pontificates and doesn't live in the community....there is no coming "war" as you put it among blacks and Hispanics.....blacks and Hispanics have always grown up together...they intermarry at high rates....many Hispanics ARE black.....

Please go back to the racist websites where facts don't matter

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2015, 03:08:09 PM »
This is really really laughable......goes to show what happens when a guy pontificates and doesn't live in the community....there is no coming "war" as you put it among blacks and Hispanics.....blacks and Hispanics have always grown up together...they intermarry at high rates....many Hispanics ARE black.....

Please go back to the racist websites where facts don't matter

I'm going to suggest you do a little reading on the subject.  California has been having a lot of problems with racial violence between Hispanics and blacks and it isn't necessarily gang related.  What did I tell you.  Crying racism at every turn.

Welcome to the real world, Andrea.

Of the 275,500 new interracial or interethnic marriages in 2010, 43 percent are white/Latino couples, the most common type of intermarriage couple.
Native-born Latino newlyweds are more than twice as likely as foreign-born Latino newlyweds to marry out——36 percent versus 14 percent.

About one-in-five (19 percent) of all newlyweds in New Mexico between 2008 and 2010 were white/Latino couples, a share higher than any other state. States with the next highest shares of newlywed white/Latino couples were Arizona (12 percent) and Nevada (11 percent).
Between 2008-2010 white male newlyweds who married Asian, Latino or black spouses had higher combined earnings than did white male newlyweds who married a white spouse.

Just as intermarriage has become more common, public attitudes have become more accepting. Nearly half (48 percent) of Latino, and 43 percent of Americans overall, say that more people of different races marrying each other has been a change for the better in our society, while only about one-in-ten of both groups think it is a change for the worse.

“More than eight in ten (83 percent) Hispanic men who out-married in 2008 married a white spouse, compared to 78 percent of Hispanic women,” the study said. “Among Hispanic female newlyweds who out-married in 2008, some 13 percent married a Black spouse, compared with just 5 percent of Hispanic male newlyweds.”

http://www.pewsocialtrends.org/2012/02/16/the-rise-of-intermarriage/
A

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2015, 05:20:32 PM »
the problem happens when republicans start to define "legal immigration" as "the kind Reagan did".

That kind, of course - and modeled by obama - was rewarding every lawbreaker who had been here for 4 years with LEGAL STATUS.  In other words, if you're good enough to break the law in USA for 4 years without us catching you, hey, you can stay!

The serious problem is that MANY repubs are okay with this.  Boehnner is.  Romney is.  Rubio is/was before he flipflopped this week.  Christie is.  And it's amnesty, plain and simple.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2015, 09:36:27 PM »
LOL at the latest FHRITP hitting andrea mitchell regarding the NFL player in plane skidding off runway.

James

« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2015, 10:27:02 AM »
the problem happens when republicans start to define "legal immigration" as "the kind Reagan did".

That kind, of course - and modeled by obama - was rewarding every lawbreaker who had been here for 4 years with LEGAL STATUS.  In other words, if you're good enough to break the law in USA for 4 years without us catching you, hey, you can stay!

The serious problem is that MANY repubs are okay with this.  Boehnner is.  Romney is.  Rubio is/was before he flipflopped this week.  Christie is.  And it's amnesty, plain and simple.

another post defending liberals made by the self proclaimed republican   ::)

"240 the Rino" to the rescue !!!