Author Topic: 1972 - Walter Cronkite warned of a new Ice Age  (Read 1159 times)

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: 1972 - Walter Cronkite warned of a new Ice Age
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2015, 08:47:10 AM »
Then it was named greenhouse effect.

Then the name was changed to global warming.

Now it supposed to be climate change. ::)

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2015, 08:47:55 AM »
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/julia-seymour/2015/03/05/and-thats-way-it-was-1972-cronkite-warned-new-ice-age

They are not even properly quoting the man, nor are they putting this in context. Do you know what he said about global warming vs regular ice age oscillation or are you satisfied using the man's words without context? Like seriously, do you have any critical thinking ability? the ice age he is referring to is thousands of years away, during a natural epoch you asshat.

Let me try. HES A WARMIST!!!!!

"he also acknowledged that global warming could have serious effects within a century. His warnings of damage to agriculture, ice caps melting, and cities being flooded caught widespread attention and helped to shape public opinion."

"the preface to his 1984 edition of the book, Lamb noted studies of the "carbon dioxide problem" and called for more investigation of past climate, particularly "evidence that some major climatic changes took place surprisingly quickly." He outlined recent research suggesting that the next glaciation would begin in 3,000 to 7,000 years, and wrote "It is to be noted here that there is no necessary contradiction between forecast expectations of (a) some renewed (or continuation of) slight cooling of world climate for some years to come, e.g. from volcanic or solar activity variations; (b) an abrupt warming due to the effect of increasing carbon dioxide, lasting some centuries until fossil fuels are exhausted and a while thereafter; and this followed in turn by (c) a glaciation lasting (like the previous ones) for many thousands of years."

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2015, 08:49:41 AM »
you clowns cant even get your theories and stories straight.  So why GIVE a FUCK about any of this at all if whats gonna happen in a thousands years is already baked in the cake? 

They are not even properly quoting the man, nor are they putting this in context. Do you know what he said about global warming vs regular ice age oscillation or are you satisfied using the man's words without context? Like seriously, do you have any critical thinking ability? the ice age he is referring to is thousands of years away, during a natural epoch you asshat.

Let me try. HES A WARMIST!!!!!

"he also acknowledged that global warming could have serious effects within a century. His warnings of damage to agriculture, ice caps melting, and cities being flooded caught widespread attention and helped to shape public opinion."

"the preface to his 1984 edition of the book, Lamb noted studies of the "carbon dioxide problem" and called for more investigation of past climate, particularly "evidence that some major climatic changes took place surprisingly quickly." He outlined recent research suggesting that the next glaciation would begin in 3,000 to 7,000 years, and wrote "It is to be noted here that there is no necessary contradiction between forecast expectations of (a) some renewed (or continuation of) slight cooling of world climate for some years to come, e.g. from volcanic or solar activity variations; (b) an abrupt warming due to the effect of increasing carbon dioxide, lasting some centuries until fossil fuels are exhausted and a while thereafter; and this followed in turn by (c) a glaciation lasting (like the previous ones) for many thousands of years."

jjbones

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2015, 10:45:24 AM »
In the 70's Time magazine did a cover story on the pending ice age ... it was widely believed that we all to perish.  I have also noticed "global warning" has given way "climate change" - point is liberals are always right yet they and they alone reserve the right to change their minds at will.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2015, 12:40:44 PM »
you clowns cant even get your theories and stories straight.  So why GIVE a FUCK about any of this at all if whats gonna happen in a thousands years is already baked in the cake? 

No, you are taking people like walter cronkite as some authority, or one study singled out for political or personal gain. The story is straight, the ice age he is referring to in 1970 was on a several thousand year scale, that in no way is mutually exclusive. You have been owned here. You didn't even read the article, then I posted the full quote about how he mentioned both warming and cooling. with one being short and the other being longer. He even mentions "when fossil fuels are used up".

He is correct, how can you use his article to support your claim but then dismiss everything else he says that doesn't agree with you?

Hypocrite.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2015, 12:47:51 PM »
No, you are taking people like walter cronkite as some authority, or one study singled out for political or personal gain. The story is straight, the ice age he is referring to in 1970 was on a several thousand year scale, that in no way is mutually exclusive. You have been owned here. You didn't even read the article, then I posted the full quote about how he mentioned both warming and cooling. with one being short and the other being longer. He even mentions "when fossil fuels are used up".

He is correct, how can you use his article to support your claim but then dismiss everything else he says that doesn't agree with you?

Hypocrite.

Find another bandwagon to jump on kid.

You've been sold a bill of goods.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2015, 12:53:40 PM »
Find another bandwagon to jump on kid.

You've been sold a bill of goods.

By whom?

I will stand with science on matters of fact.

it's been settled, only people like you and SC are fighting the good fight.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2015, 01:01:47 PM »
By whom?

I will stand with science on matters of fact.

it's been settled, only people like you and SC are fighting the good fight.

Have at it then. Go fight the good fight.

Personally it's not something worth me pulling out my checkbook for.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2015, 03:23:09 PM »
http://dailycaller.com/2015/03/05/new-york-city-global-warming/

So the first article is shown to be unreliable, the quote is completely mined, yet you post more. I fucking bet it's some bullshit.