Author Topic: 120 Years of Climate Scaremongering - LOL  (Read 1421 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: 120 Years of Climate Scaremongering - LOL
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2015, 07:21:04 AM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2015, 07:41:05 AM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2015, 07:42:43 AM »

No its a hoax because its utter nonsense and a ruse to tax the middle class - nothing else. 

Its hot - GLOBAL WARMING!
Its cold - GLOBAL WARMING!
Its snow - GLOBAL WARMING!
Its rain - GLOBAL WARMING! 
Its freezing - GLOBAL WARMING! 
Its calm - GLOBAL WARMING! 

etc etc etc -

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2015, 07:49:38 AM »

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2015, 07:59:06 AM »
fox news  :D

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2015, 08:22:37 AM »
No its a hoax because its utter nonsense and a ruse to tax the middle class - nothing else. 

Its hot - GLOBAL WARMING!
Its cold - GLOBAL WARMING!
Its snow - GLOBAL WARMING!
Its rain - GLOBAL WARMING! 
Its freezing - GLOBAL WARMING! 
Its calm - GLOBAL WARMING! 

etc etc etc -

The problem I think you are having is that it's a complex issue. One that requires maybe 10-12 years of study and PHD. Climate change indicates that the globe is heating up, this means worse winters and worse summers, with the overall trend being warming. This has been predicted in every major country etc. The simpleton in you wants a very concise answer, it's warming? ok then that means the snow should never come right? It's this type of linear retard logic that is halting action.

The warmer the planet gets, the more energy, meaning worse winter and summer storms, more droughts etc.. it's all predicted, you would know that if you didn't get your science from Fox news.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2015, 08:27:34 AM »
The problem I think you are having is that it's a complex issue. One that requires maybe 10-12 years of study and PHD. Climate change indicates that the globe is heating up, this means worse winters and worse summers, with the overall trend being warming. This has been predicted in every major country etc. The simpleton in you wants a very concise answer, it's warming? ok then that means the snow should never come right? It's this type of linear retard logic that is halting action.

The warmer the planet gets, the more energy, meaning worse winter and summer storms, more droughts etc.. it's all predicted, you would know that if you didn't get your science from Fox news.

Who cares/  no one gives a shit but a few cultists dead set on taxing working people for green energy scams and hoaxes.  There is not even proof that man is a contributor to any changing in the climate, which have been changing for billions of years.   We are barely a BLIP in the overall scheme of things. 

Now excuse me while I go fire up my SUV, take a big shit in the street, turn on all the lights, turn up the heat in the building to 78 degrees, etc.   ;)

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2015, 08:31:48 AM »
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2014/08/120_years_of_climate_scares.html

None of this is cherry picked or taken out of context. If someone somewhere said before that cooling was occurring that means what's going on now is a lie? Your logic indicates that you must be a lawyer. How else can you conflate propaganda with science?

So you believe the earth is not in fact heating up? that humans are no responsible?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2015, 08:33:56 AM »
None of this is cherry picked or taken out of context. If someone somewhere said before that cooling was occurring that means what's going on now is a lie? Your logic indicates that you must be a lawyer. How else can you conflate propaganda with science?

So you believe the earth is not in fact heating up? that humans are no responsible?

No - I dont know if its heating slightly - or has stopped in recent years as many studies indicate.  And most importantly - who gives a fuck at all?

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2015, 08:50:51 AM »

Who cares/  no one gives a shit but a few cultists dead set on taxing working people for green energy scams and hoaxes.  There is not even proof that man is a contributor to any changing in the climate, which have been changing for billions of years.   We are barely a BLIP in the overall scheme of things. 

Now excuse me while I go fire up my SUV, take a big shit in the street, turn on all the lights, turn up the heat in the building to 78 degrees, etc.   ;)

No there is mountains of proof, just saying there isn't doesn't work. Are you suggesting that the world's science community is lying in a massive conspiracy? The argument about how small humans are compared to the earth is something a 5 year old would say. We are a blip, but in the blip we are the only species to ever use tools, master travel, go to space, we have a huge impact, we are not bison roaming around.

why are you defending a false and settled position?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2015, 08:52:18 AM »
No there is mountains of proof, just saying there isn't doesn't work. Are you suggesting that the world's science community is lying in a massive conspiracy? The argument about how small humans are compared to the earth is something a 5 year old would say. We are a blip, but in the blip we are the only species to ever use tools, master travel, go to space, we have a huge impact, we are not bison roaming around.

why are you defending a false and settled position?

So stop using tools, heating our homes, traveling, right? 

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2015, 08:53:53 AM »
No - I dont know if its heating slightly - or has stopped in recent years as many studies indicate.  And most importantly - who gives a fuck at all?

No studies indicate it has stopped, the trend continues with last decade being record breaking. Listen moron, your chain emails are studies, info wars is not science. So you believe a small minority (mostly paid by oil and gas) versus the whole of the scientific community, and will cite "studies" confirming your position but the overwhelming consensus of studies that reject your non-sense you will ignore?

Have you ever heard of confirmation bias?

Please post these studies so I can make you look like a moron.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2015, 08:55:03 AM »
No studies indicate it has stopped, the trend continues with last decade being record breaking. Listen moron, your chain emails are studies, info wars is not science. So you believe a small minority (mostly paid by oil and gas) versus the whole of the scientific community, and will cite "studies" confirming your position but the overwhelming consensus of studies that reject your non-sense you will ignore?

My outside window in NYC snowing like a FNG blizzard on March 5th is my study  ;)

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2015, 08:56:59 AM »
So stop using tools, heating our homes, traveling, right? 

Nope, there has to be a better solution. I would argue that energy storage rather then production is the issue. The world will be better off without fossil fuels, the change needs to be top down and technology driven. Why wouldn't you want a renewable energy source?

you realize there are rational people on both sides correct? the goal isn't to kill people, have us living in caves, however, energy tech needs a big boost.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2015, 08:57:26 AM »

too late ;D

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2015, 08:58:45 AM »
My outside window in NYC snowing like a FNG blizzard on March 5th is my study  ;)

Sure, weather.

So say it's -5 in NYC but +6 in australia, what is the net gain/loss? do you see how stupid this is? you can't generalize your finding, that it's cold in NYC to the globe. It's like saying you don't have cancer because it's only in your hand.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2015, 08:59:41 AM »
Nope, there has to be a better solution. I would argue that energy storage rather then production is the issue. The world will be better off without fossil fuels, the change needs to be top down and technology driven. Why wouldn't you want a renewable energy source?

you realize there are rational people on both sides correct? the goal isn't to kill people, have us living in caves, however, energy tech needs a big boost.

So is growing $ on trees and plants.  Neither exist or are real  ;)

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2015, 09:33:20 AM »
So is growing $ on trees and plants.  Neither exist or are real  ;)

Yes renewables are a pipe dream ::)

How dare someone make sense. Let's continue to use a dirty fuel that causes massive costs in terms of healthcare (are you aware of the pollution and lung function studies?) and is non-renewable. How silly of anyone wanting to use a better cleaner source of energy, like I don't know, the sun!

I mean Germany isn't using much solar right? If you could power your house by solar alone, which would reduce costs dramatically, why wouldn't you?

Combustion is such an archaic concept, nuclear would be better. Thorium reactors might work for example, more research is needed, but without the push from the world it will progress slowly.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2015, 09:34:48 AM »

Yes renewables are a pipe dream ::)

How dare someone make sense. Let's continue to use a dirty fuel that causes massive costs in terms of healthcare (are you aware of the pollution and lung function studies?) and is non-renewable. How silly of anyone wanting to use a better cleaner source of energy, like I don't know, the sun!

I mean Germany isn't using much solar right? If you could power your house by solar alone, which would reduce costs dramatically, why wouldn't you?

Combustion is such an archaic concept, nuclear would be better. Thorium reactors might work for example, more research is needed, but without the push from the world it will progress slowly.

There are solar panels being tested that are to over 30% efficient.  This is very exciting.
A

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2015, 09:39:18 AM »
Love how "scientists" can take an object that has been alive for 4.54 billion years, collect 100 years of data and claim "the planet is warming"...LOL

yeah.. those 100 years out of 4.5 billion are sure statistically significant  ::)

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2015, 12:56:11 PM »
Love how "scientists" can take an object that has been alive for 4.54 billion years, collect 100 years of data and claim "the planet is warming"...LOL

yeah.. those 100 years out of 4.5 billion are sure statistically significant  ::)

Yes that's all the data they have. If your argument is that you have to experience something for it to exist, then how about dinosaurs? ever think there is other forms of evidence, that we might use these? Lucky for you, people who are educated in the field settled that about 80 years ago. Welcome to reality.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2015, 01:01:43 PM »
There are solar panels being tested that are to over 30% efficient.  This is very exciting.

If storage technology was advanced I think solar would be very viable. I am going by what Elon Musk is saying but he would be the person who knows.

Fossil fuels have advanced civilization faster then anything previous. If we switch it has to be gradual as to not crush the economy. My utopian ideal would be machines to reduce co2 in the atmosphere allowing us to utilize fossil fuels more so, no reason other energy sources couldn't be created concurrently.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2015, 01:46:29 PM »
If storage technology was advanced I think solar would be very viable. I am going by what Elon Musk is saying but he would be the person who knows.

Fossil fuels have advanced civilization faster then anything previous. If we switch it has to be gradual as to not crush the economy. My utopian ideal would be machines to reduce co2 in the atmosphere allowing us to utilize fossil fuels more so, no reason other energy sources couldn't be created concurrently.

This is a totally reasonable strategy.  The machine is meant to be used on Mars but I thought it was interesting.

Martian colonists could use an innovative new technique to harvest energy from carbon dioxide thanks to new research. The research proposes a new kind of engine for producing energy based on the Leidenfrost effect -- a phenomenon which happens when a liquid comes into near contact with a surface much hotter than its boiling point. This effect is commonly seen in the way water appears to skitter across the surface of a hot pan, but it also applies to solid carbon dioxide, commonly known as dry ice.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/03/150305081134.htm
A