Author Topic: Apple Watch  (Read 4655 times)

denarii

• Getbig V
Apple Watch
« on: March 09, 2015, 03:26:05 PM »
Will Vince Gunrum be sporting this dreadful piece of sh1t or what?

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
Re: Apple Watch
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2015, 03:26:55 PM »
Will fail miserably.

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2015, 03:49:21 PM »
Everyone who owns Apple stock, has made a fortune, and will buy any new product that Apple produces.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2015, 03:54:02 PM »
2020 Apple Car

:-X

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2015, 04:42:50 PM »

It actually looks interesting.  It works with your Iphone, so you could read emails and texts on it and respond on your phone.  I expect there to be an android version soon.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2015, 04:46:56 PM »
Anything is possible with Goodrum. First an increase in chicken dinners, then a flat screen television, then a possible jaguar. It is entirely plausible that Goodrum may buy an apple watch!
X

greeneyes

• Getbig IV
  • TeaM beautiful éyés FéLLa whén he eatiNg
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2015, 04:47:43 PM »
Who needs a watch when you have time at your phone? Or simply can ask any hot girl in the street " what time is it?" ?

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2015, 06:31:06 PM »
So retarded. Seriously. So retarded. But the retards will spend billions on it.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2015, 06:48:56 PM »

There certainly are lots of retards out there who clamor for this shit.  I say it will go the way Google glasses went.

These fuckers aren't going to stop until they're able to implant this type of technology into our bodies.  One day, it will be required for any/all transactions... paper cash will be history.  I'm not accepting any of it.  I don't even have a cell phone.

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2015, 06:57:45 PM »

Where are retards going to get even the $349, for the least expensive model, let alone a minimum of $10,000, for a high end model?

Talked to a guy today who intends to get an 18K Gold one, as soon as it's available. His dividends from his Apple shares will pay for it easy.

The retards can't afford to buy Apple products.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2015, 06:58:45 PM »
Strange offering IMO.  It will force anyone who wants one to discard their other status symbol- their expensive (and unnecessary)  watch. I suppose you can wear it on your "other" wrist but then you would be forced to use the Apple watch by using your non dominant and less dexterous hand.

Starts at $349 plus tax.  We shall see.
a

greeneyes

• Getbig IV
  • TeaM beautiful éyés FéLLa whén he eatiNg
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2015, 07:01:10 PM »
There certainly are lots of retards out there who clamor for this shit.  I say it will go the way Google glasses went.

These fuckers aren't going to stop until they're able to implant this type of technology into our bodies.  One day, it will be required for any/all transactions... paper cash will be history.  I'm not accepting any of it.  I don't even have a cell phone.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2015, 07:02:36 PM »
349 for basic 38mm girl size.  The metal strap costs more than the iPad which actually does something. The watch uses your phone for everything. It's basically a real small second screen. They'll put iPay on it and you can just use your watch to pay. Plus develop cancer tumors on your wrist.

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2015, 07:02:47 PM »
Everyone who owns Apple stock, has made a fortune, and will buy any new product that Apple produces.

Please buy it it's awesome! ;D

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2015, 09:38:09 PM »
Not me. I won't buy one, but will keep my stock.

Pandemic

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2015, 12:27:53 AM »

It actually looks interesting.  It works with your Iphone, so you could read emails and texts on it and respond on your phone.  I expect there to be an android version soon.

Samsung introduced the Gear smart watch line back in September 2013, which were all Android compatible.  Google introduced the Android Wear platform about six months after that.  All the major Android manufacturers have at least one smart watch on the market, or one on the way (HTC, LG, Motorola, Samsung, etc.)

I think smart watches are cool, but I'm still holding off, they don't seem worth $300+ yet.  The heart rate monitors some of them have is good for fitness, but not as accurate as a chest strap.  Text messages and notifications on your wrist is kind of nice, but it takes 1 second to get my phone out of my pocket.

I don't wear a watch, so maybe I'm not the target audience for these things anyway.

Pandemic

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2015, 01:58:19 AM »

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2015, 03:27:36 AM »
Is it going to be made in China for the 10k one?

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2015, 03:31:34 AM »
Anything is possible with Goodrum. First an increase in chicken dinners, then a flat screen television, then a possible jaguar. It is entirely plausible that Goodrum may buy an apple watch!

he couldn't afford to go to the Arnold Classic.

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2015, 03:35:50 AM »
What a concept!  A watch that requires a phone.  I'm listening.
100% useless.  This new CEO is one creepy cross dresser.

I like how at the beginning of every conference, they start by stating how great they are.  A very unlike able company...but profitable.
N

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2015, 04:49:31 AM »
I doubt i will own one of these. My phone works just fine. Measuring heart rate and steps is more for over weight women. A treadmill can give me my heart rate fairly effectively when im running ir walking on it

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2015, 05:51:28 AM »
Apple generally produces cool stuff that works.  The watch's  absence of GPS and the inability to work unless linked up to a phone, make this not even something I would consider at this point.

If it doubled as a GPS watch that could track runs, rucks and exercise, that would make it worth it, IMO.  Not now....I don't see the point, but haven't done much of a superficial perusing of its functionality.
Y

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2015, 07:27:48 AM »
Apple generally produces cool stuff that works.  The watch's  absence of GPS and the inability to work unless linked up to a phone, make this not even something I would consider at this point.

If it doubled as a GPS watch that could track runs, rucks and exercise, that would make it worth it, IMO.  Not now....I don't see the point, but haven't done much of a superficial perusing of its functionality.

The watch is just a smaller second screen, but has no capabilities of its own with pairing with the phone.  Now losers will be walking staring at their watches instead of their phones which has a better screen.  Makes me laugh how people ran to buy the bigger iphone6 screen to then get the watch to read email on a mini screen instead.  WTF!

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2015, 07:39:02 AM »
The watch is just a smaller second screen, but has no capabilities of its own with pairing with the phone.  Now losers will be walking staring at their watches instead of their phones which has a better screen.  Makes me laugh how people ran to buy the bigger iphone6 screen to then get the watch to read email on a mini screen instead.  WTF!

It has it's own capabilities - there's a bunch of sensors on the watch itself and the band that will do various things.  It will be more than just having the phone on the small screen.  Doesn't mean I'm getting one, but we'll see how it plays out.  If it ever gets to the ability to function on it's own, I'd find that very useful.
Y

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2015, 08:54:20 AM »
It has it's own capabilities - there's a bunch of sensors on the watch itself and the band that will do various things.  It will be more than just having the phone on the small screen.  Doesn't mean I'm getting one, but we'll see how it plays out.  If it ever gets to the ability to function on it's own, I'd find that very useful.

The sensors relay back to the phone.  Did you notice the last ios upgrade added all of these healthcheck apps?  it was to work with the watch.