Author Topic: Univ. of Oklahoma Sooners  (Read 16675 times)

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
Univ. of Oklahoma Sooners
« on: March 09, 2015, 05:23:17 PM »
http://news.yahoo.com/ou-fraternity-close-racist-video-posted-online-040106571.html

NORMAN, Okla. (AP) — The president of the University of Oklahoma severed the school's ties with a national fraternity on Monday and ordered that its on-campus house be shuttered after several members took part in a racist chant caught on video.

President David Boren said he was sickened and couldn't eat or sleep after learning about the video Sunday afternoon. The video, which was posted online, shows several people on a bus participating in a chant that included a racial slur, referenced lynching and indicated black students would never be admitted to OU's chapter of Sigma Alpha Epsilon.

The Oklahoma football team decided to protest rather than practice on Monday. At the team's indoor practice facility, coach Bob Stoops led the way as players, joined by athletic director Joe Castiglione, walked arm-in-arm, wearing black. Meanwhile, a top high school recruit de-committed from the university after seeing the video.

Boren attended a pre-dawn rally organized by students and lambasted those fraternity members as "disgraceful" and called their behavior "reprehensible." He said the university was looking into a range of punishment, including expulsion.

"This is not who we are," Boren said at a midday news conference. "I'd be glad if they left. I might even pay the bus fare for them."

National leaders of Sigma Alpha Epsilon said late Sunday that its investigation confirmed members took part in the chant and announced it would close the local chapter. The national group said it was "embarrassed" by the "unacceptable and racist" behavior.

Boren said members have until midnight Tuesday to remove their belongings from the fraternity house. He said the fraternity was "not totally forthcoming," and he was still trying to find out who was on the bus so the school could consider disciplinary actions.

He said the university's legal staff was exploring whether the students who initiated and encouraged the chant may have violated Title VI of the Civil Rights Act, which prohibits racial discrimination.

"We are also going to look at any individual perpetrators, particularly those that we think took a lead in this kind of activity," Boren said.

White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest said the efforts by the university and the national fraternity to repudiate the racist comments were "an appropriate step."

It's unclear who recorded the video, when it was recorded and who initially posted it online. Boren suggested it was likely taken by another student who didn't agree with what was being chanted.

OU Unheard, a black student group on campus, posted a link to the video after someone anonymously called it to the group's attention Sunday afternoon, communications director Alexis Hall said Monday.

"We immediately needed to share that with the OU student body," said Hall, a junior. "For students to say they're going to lynch an entire group of people. ... It's disgusting."

The video appears to have been taken on a charter bus, with at least one of the chanting young men wearing a tuxedo.

Telephone and email messages left Monday with several members of the fraternity seeking comment on the video were not returned. Other members declined to comment.

"I was shocked they were just doing it openly on the bus, like they were proud of it," said Jared Scarborough, a junior in construction science. "From the chant you could tell they had done it before. It wasn't a first-time thing. And it was everybody. And the fist-pumping."

North Mesquite High School football star Jean Delance, a top offensive lineman prospect, told KTVT television and KRLD-AM in Dallas-Fort Worth that he would not attend Oklahoma. He said he spoke Sunday night with coach Bob Stoops, but wasn't told about the incident.

"I'm very disappointed in the coaches not letting me know. 'Hey jean, this is going on. Be aware. I don't want you to be shocked tomorrow when you wake up,'" Delance told KRLD. "But that was just heart-breaking right there."

A university police cruiser was parked Monday outside the fraternity house, a sprawling two-story, sand-colored brick building on a street lined with Greek houses just west of the center of campus. The Greek letters were removed from the side of the house Monday afternoon.

The University of Oklahoma, located in the southern Oklahoma City suburb of Norman, has about 27,000 students, about 5 percent of whom are black. The Greek system is largely segregated.

Boren said fraternity members had "violated all that we stand for."

"Effective immediately, all ties and affiliations between this University and the local SAE chapter are hereby severed," he said in a statement.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
Re: Univ. of Oklahoma Sooners
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2015, 05:29:37 PM »
It's 2015, you might think they would know cell phones exist. Cancel their charter and expel them all for having the IQ of a shoe.   Their little song is lame and it doesn't even rhyme.  Their galactic stupidity for not realising cell phones are fairly common and for having a traitor in their party demands they all be expelled and sent back to 8th grade. 
a

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2015, 05:36:46 PM »
I thought this video was from the SAE fraternity at OSU, not OU?

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2015, 05:40:41 PM »
I thought this video was from the SAE fraternity at OSU, not OU?

Its was OU, Oklahoma Sooners

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/03/09/oklahoma-fraternity-racist-video/24634005/

"To those who have misused their free speech in such a reprehensible way, I have a message for you. You are disgraceful," Boren tweeted after the protest. "You have violated all that we stand for. You should not have the privilege of calling yourself 'Sooners.'"

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2015, 05:45:34 PM »

Its was OU, Oklahoma Sooners

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/03/09/oklahoma-fraternity-racist-video/24634005/

"To those who have misused their free speech in such a reprehensible way, I have a message for you. You are disgraceful," Boren tweeted after the protest. "You have violated all that we stand for. You should not have the privilege of calling yourself 'Sooners.'"

Yeah, I just looked it up. I could have sworn when it was on CNN earlier that they said OSU.

Either way, not good.

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2015, 06:01:19 PM »
this is really going to help Bob Stoops recruiting this season

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2015, 06:35:51 PM »
WHAT ABOUT FREE SPEECH! Je suis Charlie bullshit??  I guess you can be free but leave blacks and jews alone. Give me a fucking break.

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2015, 07:04:34 PM »
Lol what fucking tools...

Wouldnt be caught dead hanging with anyone of those frat losers. Lol what idiots

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2015, 07:07:54 PM »
To be fair, black folks aren't strongly represented at sea.  They're not a nautical people by nature.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2015, 07:23:00 PM »
WHAT ABOUT FREE SPEECH! Je suis Charlie bullshit??  I guess you can be free but leave blacks and jews alone. Give me a fucking break.

::)

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2015, 07:25:54 PM »
WHAT ABOUT FREE SPEECH! Je suis Charlie bullshit??  I guess you can be free but leave blacks and jews alone. Give me a fucking break.

When you represent a school (which is an actual business), ...then im sure you can see the implications of their actions...

Not to mention boosters who pay BiG bucks to your athletic programs...
This aint just some kids in their backyard. Its damaging, and rightfully so.

But honestly, what fucking assholes. I mean u gotta be fucked up to be singing that bullshit and think its even remotely funny. I mean total doucheyness. I got douche chills listening to that. Haha what loser douche bags. Id ground my daughter for weeks if she ever brought home some southern frat beta retard

Pandemic

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2015, 07:35:03 PM »
To be fair, black folks aren't strongly represented at sea.  They're not a nautical people by nature.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2015, 07:43:16 PM »

Free speech has its limitations. If you walked around your job screaming out racial slurs you would get fired. If you have a fraternity and you represent a school, your free speech is limited.

I dont get why people cant seem to understand this. You have free speech, but there are also consequences associated with what you say. Youre free to say whatever you want, but then organizations are free to tell you to take a hike.
X

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2015, 07:51:34 PM »
Free speech has its limitations. If you walked around your job screaming out racial slurs you would get fired. If you have a fraternity and you represent a school, your free speech is limited.

I dont get why people cant seem to understand this. You have free speech, but there are also consequences associated with what you say. Youre free to say whatever you want, but then organizations are free to tell you to take a hike.

College is not a job. You pay to be there (unless the college gave you a scholarship), you don't check your First Amendment rights at the door.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2015, 08:00:09 PM »
College is not a job. You pay to be there (unless the college gave you a scholarship), you don't check your First Amendment rights at the door.

Dartmouth college is forbidding pledgings at fraternities and sororities, thus they are taking away fraternities/sororities free rights of expression. And they are allowed to do this. Similarly, since they are part of a fraternity, they may have to abide by certain rules of conduct. Furthermore, they are also requiring students to take a four year sexual violence prevention programs. This is a perfect example of a college implementing laws that override your free rights. If you dont attend the prevention program, you may no longer be allowed to attend school. Thus, colleges/universities may limit peoples freedoms depending on what rules they implement. You can exercise your first amendment right not to attend the prevention program, but then you may be kicked out of school. As stated, there are limits to your free rights when attending college/university. And if there was strict rules against racial slurs in fraternities, then their free speech means jack shit.

Dartmouth College on Thursday announced sweeping changes aimed at curbing dangerous behavior on campus, saying it will ban hard liquor, forbid pledging at fraternities and sororities, and require all students to undergo a four-year sexual violence prevention program.
X

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2015, 08:06:25 PM »

QFT

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2015, 08:07:30 PM »
Dartmouth college is forbidding pledgings at fraternities and sororities, thus they are taking away fraternities/sororities free rights of expression. And they are allowed to do this. Similarly, since they are part of a fraternity, they may have to abide by certain rules of conduct. Furthermore, they are also requiring students to take a four year sexual violence prevention programs. This is a perfect example of a college implementing laws that override your free rights. If you dont attend the prevention program, you may no longer be allowed to attend school. Thus, colleges/universities may limit peoples freedoms depending on what rules they implement. As stated, there may have been rules against this sort of behavior.

Dartmouth College on Thursday announced sweeping changes aimed at curbing dangerous behavior on campus, saying it will ban hard liquor, forbid pledging at fraternities and sororities, and require all students to undergo a four-year sexual violence prevention program.

Nothing violent took place at the frat house in question. Forcing some people, to care about and respect other people, that they really don't care about, nor respect, is fascism. That's what political  correctness really is. Blacks cause most of the violent crime in this country, including sexual violence.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2015, 08:13:47 PM »
Nothing violent took place at the frat house in question. Forcing some people, to care about and respect other people, that they really don't care about, nor respect, is fascism. That's what political  correctness really is. Blacks cause most of the violent crime in this country, including sexual violence.

It doesn't matter. Psychological abuse of hazing is not allowed on many colleges/universities, even though its not physical violence. Those fraternities/sororities that engage in psychological abuse to haze students can face legal penalty and will most likely be kicked out of school. This  has been passed in Pennsylvania.

Its the schools rights to dictate what sort of behaviors fraternities may or may not engage, as they are directly attached to the school.

If these students do not like the policies, they are free to attend another school where the policies for fraternities are less strict. That is what is great about the free market. You can choose who you give your money to. Organizations are allowed to dictate policies and procedures as they see fit.

If these kids knew about the policies beforehand, then they deserve everything they get. If they didn't know about the policies beforehand, they still deserve what they get for being dumb.
X

LittleJ

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2015, 08:15:11 PM »
Looks like I seen Archer and Kwon_2 on that bus.

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2015, 08:21:46 PM »
It doesn't matter. Psychological abuse of hazing is not allowed on many colleges/universities, even though its not physical violence. Those fraternities/sororities that engage in psychological abuse to haze students can face legal penalty and will most likely be kicked out of school. This  has been passed in Pennsylvania.

Its the schools rights to dictate what sort of behaviors fraternities may or may not engage, as they are directly attached to the school.

If these students do not like the policies, they are free to attend another school where the policies for fraternities are less strict. That is what is great about the free market. You can choose who you give your money to. If these kids knew about the policies beforehand, then they deserve everything they get. If they didn't know about the policies beforehand, they still deserve what they get for being dumb.

This wasn't a hazing. Stick to the subject. The kids were singing a racist song. Racism is a free choice, that a free man can choose. When the government forces you to deal with people, who you don't like, and who  you don't care about, during any part of your life, that is not freedom. There is no reason for white people to be forced, against their will, to care about, or deal with blacks, except fascist rules that the government creates to discriminate against whites, in favor of blacks.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2015, 08:25:56 PM »
This wasn't a hazing. Stick to the subject. The kids were singing a racist song. Racism is a free choice, that a free man can choose. When the government forces you to deal with people, who you don't like, and who  you don't care about, during any part of your life, that is not freedom. There is no reason for white people to be forced, against their will, to care about, or deal with blacks, except fascist rules that the government creates to discriminate against whites, in favor of blacks.

Dingus, the hazing was an example to demonstrate that organizations are allowed to limit free rights. If the college/university forbids any racial statements associated with fraternities, then it does matter. Plain and simple. They will be punished as the policies dictate.

The fact of the matter is that these kids will be booted from school and there is not much they can do about it. If there free rights were violated, I am sure their parents will take up a lawsuit. Though,  I suspect they violated some policies associated with fraternities, and therefore will pay the consequences. That is the choice they made. Now they are paying the price. If they didn't like the universities policies associated with fraternities, they should have went somewhere else.

In the end, your rant does not matter. All that  matters is the policies put forth by the university. If the fraternity was in violation of said policies, then they deserve to get punished. Now, if this was not in the policy, then they may have a lawsuit.
X

mame09

• Getbig III
  • its simple if it jiggles its fat
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2015, 08:30:49 PM »
white people being racist to black people . what a shock  ::)

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2015, 08:32:50 PM »
Dingus, the hazing was an example to demonstrate that organizations are allowed to limit free rights. If the college/university forbids any racial statements associated with fraternities, then it does matter. Plain and simple. They will be punished as the policies dictate.

The fact of the matter is that these kids will be booted from school and there is not much they can do about it. If there free rights were violated, I am sure their parents will take up a lawsuit. Though,  I suspect they violated some policies associated with fraternities, and therefore will pay the consequences. That is the choice they made. Now they are paying the price. If they didn't like the universities policies associated with fraternities, they should have went somewhere else.

In the end, your rant does not matter. All that  matters is the policies put forth by the university. If the fraternity was in violation of said policies, then they deserve to get punished. Now, if this was not in the policy, then they may have a lawsuit.

So the university can make rules against whites singing racists songs, but don't enforce the same rules
for blacks who constantly play hate whitey rap songs. The white kids are being discriminated against, to benefit blacks. The white students rights are being sacrificed on the altar of political correctness. Yes, they should sue.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2015, 08:34:32 PM »
I'm a fraternity brother, 2 of my brothers in my class are black, there's no hint of racism there at all (obviously or they wouldn't have joined.) These dudes at OU are douche bags....not the norm.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2015, 08:35:29 PM »
It's 2015, you might think they would know cell phones exist. Cancel their charter and expel them all for having the IQ of a shoe.   Their little song is lame and it doesn't even rhyme.  Their galactic stupidity for not realising cell phones are fairly common and for having a traitor in their party demands they all be expelled and sent back to 8th grade. 

Of course they know phones exist.

They just expected some more support in their chanting from their peers instead of this niggerdly reaction.

I hope a real university with decent values takes them in instead.