Author Topic: Is Hillary Hiding Something  (Read 119841 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Is Hillary Hiding Something
« Reply #500 on: July 06, 2016, 09:24:29 AM »
The entire transcript is surreal. Comey lays out in detail why Clinton should be indicted and then says they don't have a case.

Although this will provide fuel for a thousand fires until the election.

Yep.  Agree.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #501 on: July 06, 2016, 09:26:00 AM »
AP Fact Check: Hillary Clinton Email Claims Collapse Under FBI Investigation
by THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

Key assertions by Hillary Clinton in defense of her email practices have collapsed under FBI scrutiny.

The agency's yearlong investigation found that she did not, as she claimed, turn over all her work-related messages for release. It found that her private email server did carry classified emails, also contrary to her past statements. And it made clear that Clinton used many devices to send and receive email despite her statements that she set up her email system so that she only needed to carry one.

FBI Director James Comey's announcement Tuesday that he will not refer criminal charges to the Justice Department against Clinton spared her from prosecution and a devastating political predicament. But it left much of her account in tatters and may have aggravated questions of trust swirling around her Democratic presidential candidacy.

A look at Clinton's claims since questions about her email practices as secretary of state surfaced and how they compare with facts established in the FBI probe:

CLINTON: "I did not email any classified material to anyone on my email. There is no classified material." News conference, March 2015.

THE FACTS: Actually, the FBI identified at least 113 emails that passed through Clinton's server and contained materials that were classified at the time they were sent, including some that were Top Secret and referred to a highly classified special access program, Comey said.

Most of those emails — 110 of them — were included among 30,000 emails that Clinton returned to the State Department around the time her use of a private email server was discovered. The three others were recovered from a forensic analysis of Clinton's server. "Any reasonable person in Secretary Clinton's position or in the position of those with whom she was corresponding about the matters should have known that an unclassified system was no place for that conversation," Comey said. Clinton and her aides "were extremely careless in their handling of very sensitive, highly classified information," he said.

CLINTON: "I never received nor sent any material that was marked classified." NBC interview, July 2016.

THE FACTS: Clinton has separately clung to her rationale that there were no classification markings on her emails that would have warned her and others not to transmit the sensitive material. But the private system did, in fact, handle emails that bore markings indicating they contained classified information, Comey said.

He said the marked emails were "a very small number." But that's not the only standard for judging how officials handle sensitive material, he added. "Even if information is not marked classified in an email, participants who know, or should know, that the subject matter is classified are still obligated to protect it."

CLINTON: "I responded right away and provided all my emails that could possibly be work related" to the State Department. News conference, March 2015.

THE FACTS: Not so, the FBI found.

Comey said that when his forensic team examined Clinton's server it found there were "several thousand work-related emails that were not in the group of 30,000" that had been returned by Clinton to the State Department.

CLINTON: "I thought it would be easier to carry just one device for my work and for personal emails instead of two." News conference, March 2015.

THE FACTS: This reasoning for using private email both for public business and private correspondence didn't hold up in the investigation. Clinton "used numerous mobile devices to view and send email" using her personal account, Comey said. He also said Clinton had used different servers.

CLINTON: "It was on property guarded by the Secret Service, and there were no security breaches. ... The use of that server, which started with my husband, certainly proved to be effective and secure." News conference, March 2015.

CLINTON campaign website: "There is no evidence there was ever a breach."

THE FACTS: The campaign website claimed "no evidence" of a breach, a less categorical statement than Clinton herself made last year, when she said there was no breach. The FBI did not uncover a breach but made clear that that possibility cannot be ruled out.

"We assess it is possible that hostile actors gained access to Secretary Clinton's personal email account," Comey said.

He said evidence would be hard to find because hackers are sophisticated and can cover their tracks. Comey said his investigators learned that Clinton's security lapses included using "her personal email extensively while outside the United States, including sending and receiving work-related emails in the territory of sophisticated adversaries." Comey also noted that hackers breached the email accounts of several outsiders who messaged with Clinton.

Comey did not mention names, but a Romanian hacker who called himself Guccifer accessed and later leaked emails from Sidney Blumenthal, an outside adviser to Clinton who regularly communicated with her.

CLINTON: "I opted for convenience to use my personal email account, which was allowed by the State Department." News conference, March 2015.

THE FACTS: Comey did not address Clinton's reason for using a private server instead of a government one, but he highlighted the perils in routing sensitive information through a home server.

The FBI found that Clinton's personal server was "not even supported by full-time security staff like those found at agencies and departments of the United States government or even with a commercial email service like Gmail," the director said.

A May 2016 audit by the State Department inspector general found there was no evidence Clinton sought or received approval to operate a private server, and that she "had an obligation to discuss using her personal email account to conduct official business with their offices." Courts have frowned on such a practice.

In an unrelated case, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit ruled Tuesday that the purpose of public records law is "hardly served" when a department head "can deprive the citizens of their right to know what his department is up to" by maintaining emails on a private system.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/ap-fact-check-hillary-clinton-email-claims-collapse-under-fbi-n604526

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #502 on: July 06, 2016, 09:45:47 AM »
The entire transcript is surreal. Comey lays out in detail why Clinton should be indicted and then says they don't have a case.

Although this will provide fuel for a thousand fires until the election.

It's odd to say the least. I really can't believe she didn't get into ANY trouble at all.

I mean, I just thought it was a given. Slap on the wrist or whatever, but SOMETHING.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #503 on: July 06, 2016, 10:40:21 AM »
when zimmerman is found not guilty, it's "vindication".

when hilary isn't even charged, it's "this is bullshit".

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #504 on: July 06, 2016, 01:51:38 PM »
when zimmerman is found not guilty, it's "vindication".

when hilary isn't even charged, it's "this is bullshit".

::)

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #505 on: July 06, 2016, 02:47:28 PM »
Don't worry, there will be something else to whine about over Clinton now.  There always is.  Pretty sure the next thing will be because she is POTUS.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #506 on: July 06, 2016, 03:01:20 PM »
Seven new revelations from FBI’s Clinton probe
The Hill ^ | 07/05/16 | Julian Hattem
Posted on 7/5/2016, 2:03:20 PM by walford

Greg Nash
FBI Director James Comey shed new light on Hillary Clinton’s private email setup when he announced Tuesday that the FBI would not recommend charges against the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee. Here are some of the new details revealed by Comey.

113 emails were classified at the time they were sent

Both Clinton’s presidential campaign and the State Department have repeatedly insisted that none of the approximately 2,000 emails now considered classified was deemed sensitive at the time.   

But Comey on Tuesday said that wasn’t quite the case.

In fact, federal agencies have claimed that 113 emails in more than 50 chains contained sensitive information at the time they were sent or received by her private setup, which she kept at her home in New York. Of those, eight chains contained information considered top secret, the highest level of classification.

Three of the sensitive emails were discovered among the thousands the former secretary of State claimed were purely personal in nature and which she deleted before giving her servers to the FBI last year.

An undisclosed “very small number” of messages “bore markings indicating the presence of classified information,” he said, without divulging additional details.

Thousands of work emails were deleted

Clinton has previously framed the decision to delete half of her machine’s cache of approximately 60,000 messages as an effort to avoid letting her private life become public.

“I chose not to keep my private personal emails — emails about planning Chelsea's wedding or my mother's funeral arrangements, condolence notes to friends as well as yoga routines, family vacations, the other things you typically find in inboxes,” she said in March 2015 in a widely scrutinized press conference at the United Nations.

But FBI investigators uncovered “several thousand work-related emails that were not in the group of 30,000 that were returned by Secretary Clinton” to the State Department, Comey said on Tuesday.

The bureau found “traces” of those emails on machines connected to the private clintonemail.com domain, as well as “fragments” from decommissioned servers and from the email accounts of people who had communicated with her.

No official emails were ‘intentionally’ deleted

None of the work-related messages was intentionally deleted from Clinton’s machine as part of an effort to evade federal laws, Comey said on Tuesday.

“We found no evidence that any of the additional work-related e-mails were intentionally deleted in an effort to conceal them,” he said. “Our assessment is that, like many e-mail users, Secretary Clinton periodically deleted e-mails or e-mails were purged from the system when devices were changed.”

Both government systems and commercial services such as Yahoo or Gmail routinely archive old emails. But Clinton’s bespoke setup did not include that feature, Comey said.

While deciding which emails to preserve and which to delete, Clinton’s lawyers also used a search tool and did not go through the emails one by one, as officials from the FBI did as part of their investigation. In doing so, they may have accidentally overlooked some emails that should have been sent to the government.

“So it is not surprising that we discovered emails that were not on Secretary Clinton’s system in 2014, when she produced the 30,000 emails to the State Department,” Comey said.

There were likely more work-related emails that will never be recovered

The FBI could not recover all of the emails that Clinton deleted, so there’s a good chance that other official messages will be lost forever.

“It is also likely that there are other work-related emails that they did not produce to State and that we did not find elsewhere,” Comey said.

Those messages, he added, are likely “now gone because they deleted all e-mails they did not return to State, and the lawyers cleaned their devices in such a way as to preclude complete forensic recovery.”

Clinton used more than one server and multiple mobile devices

The public narrative about Clinton’s setup is that she used a single server throughout her tenure at the State Department, which was given to the FBI as part of its investigation last year.

But the reality is somewhat more complicated. In fact, Clinton changed machines when older ones became out of date, leaving a trail of out-of-order servers behind her.

“Secretary Clinton used several different servers and administrators of those servers during her four years at the State Department, and used numerous mobile devices to view and send e-mail on that personal domain,” Comey revealed on Tuesday. “As new servers and equipment were employed, older servers were taken out of service, stored and decommissioned in various ways.”

Old servers, such as one that was decommissioned in 2013, contained “email fragments” in the unused “slack” space that investigators combed to try to resurrect some of the old messages.

It's ‘possible’ she was hacked

FBI officials did not uncover any evidence that Clinton’s private setup may have been hacked by foreigners, terrorists, activists or anyone else.

But that doesn’t mean it didn’t happen, according to the head of the FBI.

Hackers have targeted people she communicated with, such as longtime confidant Sidney Blumenthal, and her arrangement was relatively well-known and “readily apparent,” Comey said. 

“It is possible that hostile actors gained access to Secretary Clinton’s personal email account,” he said.

Anyone else might have faced administrative punishments

Clinton was let off the hook in the eyes of the law, but the FBI doesn’t want to send a message that her behavior was OK.

There was “evidence of potential violations” of laws against handling classified information, Comey said.

Just not enough to bring charges.

“Our judgment is that no reasonable prosecutor would bring such a case,” he told reporters.

“To be clear, this is not to suggest that in similar circumstances, a person who engaged in this activity would face no consequences,” Comey added. “To the contrary, those individuals are often subject to security or administrative sanctions.

“But that is not what we are deciding now.”

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #507 on: July 06, 2016, 03:14:36 PM »
Poll: 54 Percent Disagree With FBI Decision Not to Indict Hillary
By Brian Freeman   |    Wednesday, 06 Jul 2016

A majority of voters disagree with the FBI's decision not to pursue a criminal indictment of presumptive Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton for using a private email server during her tenure as secretary of state, according to a Rasmussen Reports poll.

In the survey of likely voters, 54 percent said they disagree with the FBI decision, while 37 percent agree and 10 percent were undecided.

The FBI decision has set off a firestorm of political debate in the midst of the election campaign, with Republicans saying Clinton's actions endangered national security and clearly deserved an indictment.

Other details of the poll include:

•Seventy-nine percent of Republicans disagreed with the decision, 63 percent of unaffiliated did not agree and 25 percent of Democrats said the FBI decision was incorrect.
•Eighty-one percent say powerful people get preferential treatment when they break the law, while just 10 percent disagree.
•Forty-nine percent give Clinton a poor rating for her handling of questions about the email scandal, while only 30 percent said she deserves a good or excellent grade.
•If Clinton had been indicted, 46 percent think it would have been possible for her to get a fair trial, 33 percent say it would not have been possible and 21 percent are unsure.

The survey of 1,000 likely voters was conducted on July 5. The margin of error is +/- 3 percentage points with a 95 percent level of confidence.

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/poll-disagree-FBI-decision/2016/07/06/id/737339/#ixzz4DfYcJeIn

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #508 on: July 06, 2016, 04:02:02 PM »
so if a normal person did what she did..........

iwantmass

• Getbig III
« Reply #509 on: July 06, 2016, 04:04:52 PM »
Don't worry, there will be something else to whine about over Clinton now.  There always is.  Pretty sure the next thing will be because she is POTUS.

Are you saying that you condone all of this? I'll give it to you that this is driven by political agenda, but that doesn't change the fact that she is guilty here, and if it were any normal joe they may see jail time over this.

I'm just curious if you are so blinded by your liberal bias that you miss the travesty of justice here.  That's what your statement looks like anyhow

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #510 on: July 06, 2016, 04:30:16 PM »
so if a normal person did what she did..........

he or she would be under the jail.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #511 on: July 06, 2016, 06:14:55 PM »
don't worry... when President Trump "accidentally" deletes 5 million emails like BUsh did, everyone will be cool with it.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #512 on: July 06, 2016, 09:00:15 PM »
Are you saying that you condone all of this? I'll give it to you that this is driven by political agenda, but that doesn't change the fact that she is guilty here, and if it were any normal joe they may see jail time over this.

I'm just curious if you are so blinded by your liberal bias that you miss the travesty of justice here.  That's what your statement looks like anyhow

I've already answered this before.

It isn't my opinion that keeps her from being convicted of something.  It's the inept GOP that convince anyone to charge her with anything after 8 attempts.

iwantmass

• Getbig III
« Reply #513 on: July 06, 2016, 09:09:29 PM »
I've already answered this before.

It isn't my opinion that keeps her from being convicted of something.  It's the inept GOP that convince anyone to charge her with anything after 8 attempts.

It is your opinion that they are whining because they want to hold hillary to the same standard as the average citizen.  You stink of bias, just like you did here with this shitty evasive answer.  

8 attempts was benghazi, not this email situation or the Clinton Foundation.

Loretta Lynch had a sit down with her husband that she only admitted to when confronted by a news reporter....only to say they talked about grand kids for 30 minutes on a random meeting. James comey eviscerated her, only to state he wouldn't recommend indictment.  Those details don't have anything to do with GOP incompetence or failure to convice, rather a rigged system and manipulation from the white house

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #514 on: July 07, 2016, 07:38:40 AM »
They have been whining and trying for 30 years to charge/indict/convict her of something.

Benghazi = cleared
emails = cleared
so on and so on = cleared

She's guilty of everything but inept dimwitted Republicans can't close the deal on the charges.  Or either she's innocent of everything and that's why the charges don't stick. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #515 on: July 07, 2016, 07:53:13 AM »
Free Pass for Hillary
Townhall.com ^ | July 7, 2016 | Cal Thomas
Posted on 7/7/2016, 10:19:27 AM by Kaslin

FBI Director James Comey has given Hillary Clinton something better than a get out of jail free card. He's protected her from indictment by recommending to the Department of Justice that she not be prosecuted for her and her staff's "extremely careless" handling of emails on private servers that included documents classified as "top secret," "secret" and "confidential."

Once again the Clintons have escaped the long arm of the law, which in their case is much shorter than the arm extended to other government officials who have been caught committing far fewer infractions.

In his statement, Comey went through a list of points about Clinton's several private servers and the erasures of emails. He didn't touch on the recent revelation that she burned her daily schedules while secretary of state. But then in a whiplash moment after making what sounded like a good case for her guilt, Comey said the FBI would not be recommending to the attorney general that she be prosecuted.

Comey's use of the term "extremely careless" is significant. Had he said "gross negligence" it would have been grounds for an indictment. Here's how federal law 18 U.S.C 793 reads:

"Whoever, being entrusted with or having lawful possession or control of any document, writing, code book, signal book, sketch, photograph, photographic negative, blueprint, plan, map, model, instrument, appliance, note, or information, relating to the national defense,

(1) through gross negligence permits the same to be removed from its proper place of custody or delivered to anyone in violation of his trust, or to be lost, stolen, abstracted, or destroyed, or

2) having knowledge that the same has been illegally removed from its proper place of custody or delivered to anyone in violation of its trust, or lost, or stolen, abstracted, or destroyed, and fails to make prompt report of such loss, theft, abstraction, or destruction to his superior officer -- Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both."

This would seem to describe what Clinton and her staff did with her emails, but characterizing their actions as "extremely careless" rather than grossly negligent reminds one of Bill Clinton's remark: "It depends upon what the meaning of the word 'is' is."

Comey also said while there was no "direct evidence" that "hostile actors" invaded her personal email domain, "given the nature of the system and of the actors potentially involved," the bureau concluded hackers likely did gain access to the private email accounts of people with whom Clinton was in regular contact.

While Comey has let Hillary off the hook, his decision cannot wash her clean of the indelible impression among a majority of voters that she is untrustworthy.

Donald Trump has an open invitation to continue battering Hillary as dishonest, incompetent and careless, even grossly negligent.

People with long memories will recall Hillary Clinton's stint on the House Judiciary Committee during its investigation of Richard Nixon in the Watergate affair. Nixon would later say, "I'm not a crook." Now, based on the FBI's decision, Hillary can say the same, and perhaps she will enjoy the same level of credibility with voters that Nixon had.

One issue on which Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders are in agreement -- and Trump tweeted this in his initial reaction to Comey's statement. The voters believe the system IS rigged. Comey's decision not to recommend to the Justice Department that Hillary be indicted gives more credence to that belief.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #516 on: July 07, 2016, 08:45:00 AM »
I warned you guys this thread was a big waste of time... ;D

iwantmass

• Getbig III
« Reply #517 on: July 07, 2016, 09:12:24 AM »
I warned you guys this thread was a big waste of time... ;D

The thread title is "is hillary hiding something".  I know you don't watch news if it doesn't involve a black politician, but the fbi director came out and said "yes, she's hiding something".  The good thing is, after Obama is out of office, you can go to completely ignoring the highest level of politics again.  Not that you comprehend now anyhow, but you don't have to pretend to have an interest anymore.

So the thread is pertinent and not a waste of time as your life is.......because she is hiding plenty

iwantmass

• Getbig III
« Reply #518 on: July 07, 2016, 09:14:29 AM »
They have been whining and trying for 30 years to charge/indict/convict her of something.

Benghazi = cleared
emails = cleared

She's guilty of everything but inept dimwitted Republicans can't close the deal on the charges.  Or either she's innocent of everything and that's why the charges don't stick. 

Cleared doesn't have anything to do with republicans if Loretta Lynch and the president are in on the fix.  Don't be so naive as to act as if politics are squeaky Clean.  You once again ignored everything I typed.  You are evasive enough to replace the Josh Ernest, when he loses his job

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #519 on: July 07, 2016, 09:17:47 AM »
The thread title is "is hillary hiding something".  I know you don't watch news if it doesn't involve a black politician, but the fbi director came out and said "yes, she's hiding something".  The good thing is, after Obama is out of office, you can go to completely ignoring the highest level of politics again.  Not that you comprehend now anyhow, but you don't have to pretend to have an interest anymore.

So the thread is pertinent and not a waste of time as your life is.......because she is hiding plenty

sigh...when are you going to finally get to 2000 posts???...I'm quite sure the sex board has more threads for you to explore and comment on.... 8)

iwantmass

• Getbig III
« Reply #520 on: July 07, 2016, 09:48:47 AM »
sigh...when are you going to finally get to 2000 posts???...I'm quite sure the sex board has more threads for you to explore and comment on.... 8)

It will likely happen before you give an intelligent rebuttal...

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #521 on: July 07, 2016, 11:39:09 AM »
It will likely happen before you give an intelligent rebuttal...
Intelligent rebuttals are saved for intelligent posters....guys like you get the above

iwantmass

• Getbig III
« Reply #522 on: July 07, 2016, 11:45:28 AM »
Intelligent rebuttals are saved for intelligent posters....guys like you get the above

I can't imagine how a person that I've made look like a complete fool on numerous occasions would even attempt to say that.  It doesn't work that way.  A person that is as stupid as you have been your entire life doesn't  get to say that, completely contrary to all evidence.  It's the whole reason you resorte to your idiotic 2k post rule, because you can't conduct yourself in a debate setting

You are literally the dumbest poster on the political forum.  You never post truth or fact. Everything you post is biased or half truth.  Your only true contribution to this forum lies on your heavy praise of Dicks on the sex board

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #523 on: July 07, 2016, 11:57:38 AM »
Comey's testimony in the House oversight committee is very interesting.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/07/07/comey-testifies-clinton-email-claims-not-true-at-heated-hill-hearing.html

In a wide-ranging appearance before the House oversight committee, Comey also said Clinton’s email practices put America’s secrets at risk and her actions constituted the “definition of carelessness.”

At the same time, Comey staunchly defended the bureau’s decision not to pursue charges. He also said, “We have no basis to conclude that [Clinton] lied to the FBI.”

Yet he acknowledged that lying under oath is a felony, as some Republicans point to statements she made last October before the House Benghazi committee. There, Clinton claimed that nothing she sent or received was marked classified.

Comey was asked about such claims, which she also made publicly, in a pointed exchange with Rep. Trey Gowdy, R-S.C.

“That’s not true. … There was classified material emailed,” Comey said.

On her claim that she used one device, Comey also said, “She used multiple devices.”

And on her claim that she turned over all work-related emails, he said, “No, we found work-related emails, thousands that were not returned.”

Watch the full testimony here:

https://oversight.house.gov/hearing/oversight-state-department/

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #524 on: July 07, 2016, 02:18:51 PM »

Benghazi = cleared
emails = cleared

that's the problem - she's guilty or involved to some degree, but they are just that shitty at proving it, or she's that good at pwning them despite their massive effort to stop her.

If Putin is putting the screws to Trump, I think Trump may melt down, scream, rant, lose his shit.  He's melting about a retweet from a white supremicist - he's sucking up the media coverage of hilary/FBI with his own rants about the star.  WTF?

If Putin is putting the screws to Clinton, I think her response will be some evil, coldblooded shit that has the US come out on top.

Even the hilary haters should admit it - she's an evil bitch that gets shit done.    Trump, well, he's been inept thus far, hasn't he?