Author Topic: Nobel Prize Winner Debunks Atheism!  (Read 42398 times)

Ron Harrigan

Re: Nobel Prize Winner Debunks Atheism!
« Reply #100 on: March 10, 2015, 06:38:25 PM »
Dr. Christian B. Anfinsen  —  Biochemist, known for: Ribonuclease, Anfinsen's dogma; Nobel Prize in Chemistry (1972)
"We must admit that there exists an incomprehensible power or force with limitless foresight and knowledge that started the whole universe going in the first place”

Prof. Dr. Sir Fred Hoyle -  Astronomer
"If one proceeds directly and straightforwardly in this matter, without being deflected by a fear of incurring the wrath of scientific opinion, one arrives at the conclusion that biomaterials with their amazing measure or order must be the outcome of intelligent design. No other possibility I have been able to think of..."

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #101 on: March 10, 2015, 06:41:44 PM »
Jesus F'ng Christ

5 pages of this crap

how about you post this shit on the religion board

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #102 on: March 10, 2015, 06:45:47 PM »
Why you are so fearful of the reality of Biblical creation, only you can know. But it's really simple. Some of us have a lot of trouble believing stuff on the basis of authority, in the absence of evidence, and particularly when beliefs are contradicted by evidence. That's what atheists like you insist on believing by the way.

First answer why 2 steaks?
X

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #103 on: March 10, 2015, 06:53:15 PM »
Take a boxed cake mix, some eggs and some milk.  Now...Throw 'em all against a wall and come back in 7 days and what have you got?

A mess.  But why?

Ingredients are just that.   You still need someone to combine them properly and then "bake" 'em.

But if some choose to think or believe otherwise I have no problem with that.   No one will know the truth of any of this until they're dead. 

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: March 10, 2015, 06:58:25 PM »

Silly boy.  God needs nothing. Men on the other hand want what they want and especially so "religious" men.  They tend to want sex, money and power and more often than not claim that "God" told them you need to give it up to them.

But you knew that.   

I put no stock in religion and even less in men.  Faith in Christ?  That is another matter. 

So then, what have I taught you this day?  If you're going to make a point try not to make a fool of yourself.   

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #105 on: March 10, 2015, 07:02:41 PM »
Take a boxed cake mix, some eggs and some milk.  Now...Throw 'em all against a wall and come back in 7 days and what have you got?

A mess.  But why?

Ingredients are just that.   You still need someone to combine them properly and then "bake" 'em.

But if some choose to think or believe otherwise I have no problem with that.   No one will know the truth of any of this until they're dead. 

I hate to break this to you.

But even if there was a "designer" - it does not mean that something happens when you die other than decomposition. A "designer" does not guarantee an afterlife.

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: March 10, 2015, 07:08:03 PM »
I hate to break this to you.

But even if there was a "designer" - it does not mean that something happens when you die other than decomposition. A "designer" does not guarantee an afterlife.

Ummmm...Did you not read my words?  If some think or believe otherwise that is fine with me.  By default, "some" does indeed include you, my friend.

Again.  None of us will know the truth of anything until we die.  In other words, my faith may not be right but I chose it as I think it is right for me.  Not you.  Me.  I will not force you to wear the same shoes as I nor do I really care if  you wear shoes at all.  Get it?  Got it? Good.

Be well, sir.   ;D

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #107 on: March 10, 2015, 07:12:40 PM »
Silly boy.  God needs nothing. Men on the other hand want what they want and especially so "religious" men.  They tend to want sex, money and power and more often than not claim that "God" told them you need to give it up to them.

But you knew that.   

I put no stock in religion and even less in men.  Faith in Christ?  That is another matter. 

So then, what have I taught you this day?  If you're going to make a point try not to make a fool of yourself.   

Jesus's Dad (I mean Jesus) obviously needs human beings to believe in him it and to "accept" him as their personal saviour

Apparently Jesus's dad created everything for this one purpose.   Get born, figure out which religion is "right" and get your ticket to heaven or fuck it up and spend eternity being tortured.

Why would Jesus dad create something only to know that a certain amount of his creation will spend their tiny speck of life not picking the right religion and then move on to eternal suffering

makes god seem like a prick

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: March 10, 2015, 07:24:01 PM »
Adaptations and mutations are not evolution or prove there of. Evolution is not a fact.
"Check the Bible! Check Jesus! Evolution is not fact!"

Ron Harrigan

« Reply #109 on: March 10, 2015, 07:25:02 PM »
So which "god" do these 44 Nobel Prize Winners believe is correct?  The Judeo-Christian one?  The Greco-Roman gods?  Hindu gods?  Norse Gods?

I mean if you're going to say the only obvious answer is a god...which one is it and what's the evidence to support that selection?

Talk about red herrings. The there-are-many-gods-therefore-all-gods-including-the-true-one-are-false atheist argument. It is clear from careful examination of the evidence that Scripture is indubitable fact. So please, go pick up a King James Bible, and find out what you are missing. The only thing worse than ignorance is wilful ignorance.

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
« Reply #110 on: March 10, 2015, 07:29:17 PM »
what gets me is these mad hatters think - "woah I debunked evolution - now we can come back to the bible", but really what makes them think that the bible is the default position just because they think evolution is false - btw all those arguments against evolution have been continually debunked for ages

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #111 on: March 10, 2015, 07:31:27 PM »
what gets me is these mad hatters think - "woah I debunked evolution - now we can come back to the bible", but really what makes them think that the bible is the default position just because they think evolution is false - btw all those arguments against evolution have been continually debunked for ages

Evolution hasn't been around for ages. Nice try.
The bible has and it has never been debunked and never will.

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: March 10, 2015, 07:32:04 PM »
Jesus's Dad (I mean Jesus) obviously needs human beings to believe in him it and to "accept" him as their personal saviour

Apparently Jesus's dad created everything for this one purpose.   Get born, figure out which religion is "right" and get your ticket to heaven or fuck it up and spend eternity being tortured.

Why would Jesus dad create something only to know that a certain amount of his creation will spend their tiny speck of life not picking the right religion and then move on to eternal suffering

makes god seem like a prick

Men are pricks.  Men.  Look at how we behave.  Like I said, none of us will know the truth of anything until we breathe our last.  I hope to hear the words, "Well done, faithful servant".  

If there is nothing waiting for each of us, then we won't know poo.  Will we?  Yup.  

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
« Reply #113 on: March 10, 2015, 07:32:15 PM »
Evolution hasn't been around for ages. Nice try.
The bible has and it has never been debunked and never will.

It's been around longer than you

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #114 on: March 10, 2015, 07:35:56 PM »
Talk about red herrings. The there-are-many-gods-therefore-all-gods-including-the-true-one-are-false atheist argument. It is clear from careful examination of the evidence that Scripture is indubitable fact. So please, go pick up a King James Bible, and find out what you are missing. The only thing worse than ignorance is wilful ignorance.

What about Hindu scriptures that proclaim their gods are "true"?  Their scriptures are thousands of years older than the Judeo Christian ones...it makes sense then that their revelation is the true one.  Perhaps you should "go pick up the Bhagavad-Gita".

Ron Harrigan

« Reply #115 on: March 10, 2015, 07:41:06 PM »

When all of the facts line up on the side of creation, and none stand in support of evolution, what is an evolutionist to do? Deny, ignore, misrepresent and lie about what is known. These folk are aware that they are clueless about science, just as a person who is unable to speak Portuguese knows full well that he is unable to speak Portuguese. So when evolutionists like you make bold but false assertions about science, they are aware that they are lying. How exactly does that accord with the Ninth Commandment?

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: March 10, 2015, 07:42:40 PM »
What about Hindu scriptures that proclaim their gods are "true"?  Their scriptures are thousands of years older than the Judeo Christian ones...it makes sense then that their revelation is the true one.  Perhaps you should "go pick up the Bhagavad-Gita".

I looked into the Krishna faith as a youth.  From what I was told it was relatively new and mostly made up/embellished  by Abhay Charanaravinda Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada.  This came from a former devotee of the faith.  I have not looked into it much in many years but I was impressed that one George Harrison had embraced that belief and gave it serious consideration many years ago.

While your words are not directed at me I felt somewhat (albeit poorly) qualified to state my thoughts on it all the same.   I did enjoy the food of the Krishna folk and was particularly fond of (and to some degree still am) of their music.

By the way, its turtles all the way down.   ;D

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #117 on: March 10, 2015, 07:44:48 PM »
Wiggs and Harrigan share the dunce's hat.

If evolution didn't occur then that is one sadistic uncaring creator. Flies, fleas, ticks, mosquitoes, spiders, sharks, snakes, cockroaches, bugs, bacteria, diseases....yep, all created. Ditto for women with periods!

I mean, wtf kind of creation is that? Evolution is a fact but many Christians don't like the consequences so keep looking for ways to reject it.

The truth is religions are fabricated bullshit preying on human weakness. The Pope and other religious leaders should be ashamed of themselves. Total filt and evil.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #118 on: March 10, 2015, 07:45:18 PM »
Men are pricks.  Men.  Look at how we behave.  Like I said, none of us will know the truth of anything until we breathe our last.  I hope to hear the words, "Well done, faithful servant".  

If there is nothing waiting for each of us, then we won't know poo.  Will we?  Yup.  

must be because god created us in his image

what kind of god creates an entire universe (or thousands or god only knows how many) for the sole purpose of creating a dumb little man that then has to play a game of trying to pick the "right" religion or face eternal suffering.

Seems like god is pretty much a sadist

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: March 10, 2015, 07:55:07 PM »
must be because god created us in his image

what kind of god creates and entire universe (or thousands or god only knows how many) for the sole purpose of creating a dumb little man that then has to play a game of trying to pick the "right" religion or face eternal suffering.

Seems like god is pretty much a sadist

An image can be distorted or glorified.  Some choose to paint their own Picture of Dorian Grey.  The choice is before each and every one of us and can be made for the better  with or without a belief in the Christ or any God or gods for that matter.  But you already know and understand this for you are no fool. 

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: March 10, 2015, 07:57:31 PM »

If evolution didn't occur then that is one sadistic uncaring creator. Flies, fleas, ticks, mosquitoes, spiders, sharks, snakes, cockroaches, bugs, bacteria, diseases....yep, all created. Ditto for women with periods!

I mean, wtf kind of creation is that? Evolution is a fact but many Christians don't like the consequences so keep looking for ways to reject it.

The truth is religions are fabricated bullshit preying on human weakness. The Pope and other religious leaders should be ashamed of themselves. Total filt and evil.

You need to evolve.  Yup.  I cannot help you.  No one can.  Change is up to you but please, change for the better and not the bitter.

Ron Harrigan

« Reply #121 on: March 10, 2015, 08:26:11 PM »

The historical fact of creation and the mechanisms by which it occurred are among the best established results in all of science. Among scientists, there is no debate on the reality of either. None. No contrary evidence. No plausible alternative. Yet those who are ignorant of the facts, indeed, not interested in becoming informed, confidently assert that scientists are dunces.

The puzzlement is why you remain rooted in science denialism. What atheists like yourself regard as their greatest strength – the so-called theory of evolution – is in reality a flaw. They will disagree, thereby reinforcing my point. When deeply held atheist beliefs conflict with evidence, the only way to preserve those beliefs is to deny, ignore, misrepresent, dissemble, fudge, lie, disparage, and ultimately, to double down on delusion and outrageous claims in the face of established scientific facts. Numerous examples at this site (your post is but one example).

Evolution is not merely irrational, it also interferes with clear-headed analysis of facts. It jeopardizes the proper education of children, and it leads inevitably to bigotry and poor judgment. Pretending that one's grandfathers were monkeys is particularly idiotic. So why does such thinking persist? Evolution evidently helps atheists to flee reality. Early indoctrination, societal expectations and conventions, deference to authority, coercion and avoidance of those who think differently all play a role.

Progress towards a more rational and equitable religious society will require each of these factors to be addressed until atheist mythology ultimately collapses under its own weight. It is the responsibility of those who already get it to engage those who don't, as politely and gently as possible, but resolutely and without concern for occasional offence.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #122 on: March 10, 2015, 08:37:34 PM »
Harrigan, you really have no shame whatsoever. You are not qualified to judge evolution so stop with your crap gathered from Christian apologists.

Christ didn't exist and the Universe doesn't need God to be explained. Hope this helps but unfortunately your Dunce's hat prevents you from being

able to know the truth. Instead, you cling to your pathetic fables.

Ron Harrigan

« Reply #123 on: March 10, 2015, 09:26:54 PM »
Harrigan, you really have no shame whatsoever. You are not qualified to judge evolution so stop with your crap gathered from Christian apologists.

Christ didn't exist and the Universe doesn't need God to be explained. Hope this helps but unfortunately your Dunce's hat prevents you from being

able to know the truth. Instead, you cling to your pathetic fables.

A defining characteristic of atheist folk is the unshakable acceptance of certain evolutionist beliefs no matter how thoroughly those beliefs are contradicted by empirical evidence or how irrational, disingenuous or flat-out dishonest the special pleading that is then required to avoid the obvious. Evolutionists provide a particularly absurd example of religious delusion owing to the sheer volume of science that has to be denied or disregarded to preserve core beliefs. Given that the truth of creation has been uncontroversial in the scientific community for many centuries, it is unremarkable that 46% of Americans reject the myth of evolution, and a further 32% dismiss the silly storytelling of how evolution supposedly occurs via Natural Selection.

In marked contrast with the perception of non-scientists like yourself, it is impossible to avoid the conclusion that much of what many believe about the origin of the human race and our place in the material world is simply not true. The challenge ahead is to find a way to communicate that Scriptural reality to a population that is ill-prepared to face it and that continues to indoctrinate children in mythological evolutionist nonsense. A short-term objective must be to persuade Christians to go public with their scientific facts, and to nudge those already on the fence onto the side of reason. The historical facts of Christ and of creation are not invalidated, and debunked atheist mythology like evolution does not then magically become true (except maybe to you), simply because you epically fail of grasping reality.

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
« Reply #124 on: March 10, 2015, 09:40:33 PM »
thanks ron - I now realise shinto buddhism is the path to follow - you've opened my eyes