Author Topic: Bloated stomachs beware!!!  (Read 8443 times)

RagingBull

• Getbig IV
Bloated stomachs beware!!!
« on: March 10, 2015, 06:47:31 PM »
After Arnold's appropriate critique of the state of bodybuilding and judging, the "athletes" with zero bloat will come out on top starting ASAP.  Cedric is about to become a veritable force to reckon with...along with the other flat stomach thongsters.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
Re: Bloated stomachs beware!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 06:48:24 PM »
After Arnold's appropriate critique of the state of bodybuilding and judging, the "athletes" with zero bloat will come out on top starting ASAP.  Cedric is about to become a veritable force to reckon with...along with the other flat stomach thongsters.

Says who?

RagingBull

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 06:56:21 PM »
You'll see.  Arnold carries a lot of weight in this sport.

Says who?

jamesjenkinsfitness

• Getbig II
  • instagram @jamesjenkinsfitness
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2015, 03:09:02 AM »
Really, because arnolds said this for years...
Dont want big stomachs, mass monsters etc. They have something for that. Its called crossfit. Maybe alot of these classic bb fans should follow that lol...
Or mens physique Isnt that what its for?
i

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2015, 03:26:24 AM »
Really, because arnolds said this for years...
Dont want big stomachs, mass monsters etc. They have something for that. Its called crossfit. Maybe alot of these classic bb fans should follow that lol...
Or mens physique Isnt that what its for?
men's physique is the future of bbing. Or Musclemania

jamesjenkinsfitness

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2015, 03:38:22 AM »

Current bb has a huge cult following. Bb was never meant to be mainstream. There are thousands of people buying hundreds in suplements every week. How many npc members dedicating their life to turn pro. How many people follow the top pros. Check instagram and see. who do you think buys all this merchandise that supports all these companies? For those that think its dying, have you ever been in th. Bb world. Ie. Competed on nationals or better? Or trained with Pros. Gyms i train at have hundreds of wanna be dlb's. And lots of national mens competitors. People around the flobe know coleman or heath. Yeah it looks dead from the outside. But its doing fine.
i

jamesjenkinsfitness

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2015, 03:41:46 AM »
There are more open source bb boards than traditional boards. And lots have the same or more members that getbig. The opinion of most here isnt the majority. People here arent serious. I just come to have people talk shit. Its entertainment for my trip to work in the mornings lol
i

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2015, 03:55:40 AM »
james is a man clearly in love with the muscletech anabolic surge stack
T

jamesjenkinsfitness

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2015, 03:58:20 AM »
Havent used supplements in last 20 years. Just pointing out the facts. I dont bb so i dont have a biased opinion. I powerlift.
i

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2015, 03:59:15 AM »
There are more open source bb boards than traditional boards. And lots have the same or more members that getbig. The opinion of most here isnt the majority. People here arent serious. I just come to have people talk shit. Its entertainment for my trip to work in the mornings lol
Dude. There are a lot of people who come here who don't post, and many compete, and many post on other boards. Many of the pros used to post here. Phil Heath had a long thread a few months back.
There used to be the Mr. Getbig. And then there is something of the "Getbig Effect" for those chosen few among pros who Getbig deems "worthy".

You underestimate this site.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2015, 04:02:15 AM »
Havent used supplements in last 20 years. Just pointing out the facts. I dont bb so i dont have a biased opinion. I powerlift.

is this anger due to missing your creatine front loading phase james

I feel your pain brah
T

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2015, 04:02:56 AM »
Stan should be winning 212 shows not jose or any of these guys with no asthetics

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2015, 04:03:56 AM »
There are more open source bb boards than traditional boards.

Source data, please.
Y

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2015, 05:04:02 AM »
yea makes no sense what raymond has over this.
Stan should be winning 212 shows not jose or any of these guys with no asthetics

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2015, 05:36:24 AM »
Yes, he should.
And jumpstart would have a heart attack.

RagingBull

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2015, 08:16:49 AM »
Bodybuilding is not mainstream, however, why would anyone aspire to have a physique with a bloated gut?  The same people who follow it now will continue to follow it once the stomachs are in check.  Additionally, awarding bodybuilders who merely don't have to fight the fight to keep their bloated stomachs in may attract mainstream audiences.

Current bb has a huge cult following. Bb was never meant to be mainstream. There are thousands of people buying hundreds in suplements every week. How many npc members dedicating their life to turn pro. How many people follow the top pros. Check instagram and see. who do you think buys all this merchandise that supports all these companies? For those that think its dying, have you ever been in th. Bb world. Ie. Competed on nationals or better? Or trained with Pros. Gyms i train at have hundreds of wanna be dlb's. And lots of national mens competitors. People around the flobe know coleman or heath. Yeah it looks dead from the outside. But its doing fine.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2015, 08:21:20 AM »
Additionally, awarding bodybuilders who merely don't have to fight the fight to keep their bloated stomachs in may attract mainstream audiences.

Nah, it won't.  The general public doesn't give a shit about competitive bodybuilding.  It's not like they're aware of this gut thing and that's the reason they're avoiding.
Y

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2015, 09:38:56 AM »
Nah, it won't.  The general public doesn't give a shit about competitive bodybuilding.  It's not like they're aware of this gut thing and that's the reason they're avoiding.

Exactly. Do people here seriously believe that if the top BB's had more aesthetic physiques, more people would watch?
LOL! :D

BB is never going to get any more popular than it already is. This is simply because at the end of the day, it's just a beauty contest involving heavily drug reliant competitors. That’s hardly something most people will care about viewing or following.
The only reason it was more popular in the past was not down to superior physiques, it was just down to the fact that large, muscular physiques were much more a rarity in society so there was much more of a mystique surrounding it, thus gaining more attention to it.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2015, 09:57:05 AM »
Judging is too inconsistent. How do you have Dexter first, and Branch second. Their physiques are night and day. If they were judging by a classy looking physique, than Cedric, Freeman, Beyeke, or Curry should have been second.  Dexter has a flat stomach, good lines, good symmetry and proportion and good flow, and Branch has horrible lines, horrible symmetry, gross stomach, and horrible proportion. Something doesn't add up here.
X

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2015, 10:16:47 AM »
Bodybuilding is like Detroit, Chicago and the many other dead cities.  We need to accept its best days are behind it and it's never coming back.
A

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2015, 01:33:42 PM »
Just mentioned in the other thread Arnold seems really pissed with what he's seen this time at the classic with guts and is coming up with ideas to move forward, one being audience participation to help decide the winner!...

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2015, 06:59:47 PM »

Actually , that IS bodybuilding. IFBB is steroid freak competition, not really bodybuilding.

forillagorilla

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2015, 07:04:21 PM »

The best real bb board is professional muscle by far... You are correct about the cult following but if you are REALLY on the inside - you will know that very few of us are into the turtle shell gut... Too big too fast and you get it 100% of the time.. You can be massive with a tight waist

Tennisballz

• Getbig IV
  • You CANNOT be serious!
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2015, 07:53:20 PM »
Exactly. Do people here seriously believe that if the top BB's had more aesthetic physiques, more people would watch?
LOL! :D

BB is never going to get any more popular than it already is. This is simply because at the end of the day, it's just a beauty contest involving heavily drug reliant competitors. That’s hardly something most people will care about viewing or following.
The only reason it was more popular in the past was not down to superior physiques, it was just down to the fact that large, muscular physiques were much more a rarity in society so there was much more of a mystique surrounding it, thus gaining more attention to it.
absolutely correct post.  The "coolness" of being a big muscular ripped guy played out in the 70's. 

old-school-lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2015, 09:21:48 PM »
audience voting /judging could be a great idea

fuck the IFBB judges/manion/Weinberger who've been getting it wrong for decades

let the people decide

electronic devices in the seats, one vote per seat- verdict done!