Author Topic: 38 Days Later...into Anabolic Diet  (Read 12628 times)

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
Re: 38 Days Later...into Anabolic Diet
« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2015, 05:08:44 PM »
That's not for body fat loss, as I explained above. Doing it with the refeed is to get bigger and stronger without gaining too much useless body fat. If you want to lose the useless body fat that you already have, then you have to cut out the refeed cheat day, or it won't work for body fat loss. It's that simple. I told you that it wouldn't work, the first time you posted that you were going to try AD, unless you didn't cheat at all. 38 days later you didn't lose the body fat. Had you not cheated, then you should have lost a least 15# of body fat by now. So who did you cheat? You cheated yourself.

So do whatever. Go back to counting calories. That won't work either, though it will burn hard earned muscle tissue, and still leave you pudgy looking. GL.

The Dr. Said the refeeds just shuttle glycogen in the muscle and there is no fat gain if done right and can be implemented during the cutting phase. Did i miss something?

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • "The World Meets Nobody Half Way"
« Reply #51 on: March 11, 2015, 06:44:35 PM »
Drop all cheat/refeed meals..just do keto and stick to it..your body will adapt to the diet the longer you're on it..if you keep refeeding it will mess you up and keep you craving those foods. You have to decide how badly do you want to attain your goal..get serious and you'll see results.

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #52 on: March 11, 2015, 06:57:46 PM »
The Dr. Said the refeeds just shuttle glycogen in the muscle and there is no fat gain if done right and can be implemented during the cutting phase. Did i miss something?

The point that you are missing, is that no fat gain, is not the same as losing body fat, and losing body fat is your main goal. The refeeds only succeed in maintaining your current amount of body fat. To lose your current amount of body fat, you have to give up the refeed/cheat days.

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: March 11, 2015, 06:58:54 PM »
Drop all cheat/refeed meals..just do keto and stick to it..your body will adapt to the diet the longer you're on it..if you keep refeeding it will mess you up and keep you craving those foods. You have to decide how badly do you want to attain your goal..get serious and you'll see results.

Bingo. No cheats! This is how you make it happen.

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: March 11, 2015, 07:36:10 PM »
If you are on an extremely low carb diet, then your workouts will be fueled by body fat. That's why you lose body fat on an extremely low carb diet, you're burning body fat for energy.

HIIT is anaerobic.  At levels beyond 70% of max heart rate, the pathway is not sufficient to burn bodyfat during the intense exercise. The body will burn mostly glucose. If there is none available the body will make it itself via gluconeogenesis, and that's where it takes it from protein in muscle tissue.   There is an HIIT aferburn effect, but if you're on low carb, your best bet to minimize muscle loss is to do steady stream cardio, at levels below 70% max heart rate.   I've seen far too many people over the years make the mistake of doing HIIT such as Insanity on ultra low carb diets, and then end up looking like smaller, flabbier versions of their former heavier selves, because they sacrificed too much muscle tissue in their quest to lose 'weight'.

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: March 11, 2015, 07:50:53 PM »
HIIT is anaerobic.  At levels beyond 70% of max heart rate, the pathway is not sufficient to burn bodyfat during the intense exercise. The body will burn mostly glucose. If there is none available the body will make it itself via gluconeogenesis, and that's where it takes it from protein in muscle tissue.   There is an HIIT aferburn effect, but if you're on low carb, your best bet to minimize muscle loss is to do steady stream cardio, at levels below 70% max heart rate.   I've seen far too many people over the years make the mistake of doing HIIT such as Insanity on ultra low carb diets, and then end up looking like smaller, flabbier versions of their former heavier selves, because they sacrificed too much muscle tissue in their quest to lose 'weight'.

Most people who do extremely low carb, don't increase their fat and protein intake enough. HIIT is anaerobic, Insanity and the other BeachBody garbage is just aerobic, and burns muscle tissue like
crazy. Never heard of anyone in BeachBody doing extremely low carb diet. Their crappy shakes and all their other products are loaded with carbs, and BeachBody is a MLM scam. I full tilt sprint at top speed. I'm not burning muscle tissue, as I eat plenty of protein. Gluconeogenesis is not a bad thing, as it is also a healing, and muscle cell replacing process, that gets rid of old and damaged muscle cells. 

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: March 11, 2015, 07:52:07 PM »

Interesting, thanks...so 30 minutes uphill treadmill walk or something?

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: March 11, 2015, 08:09:04 PM »
Most people who do extremely low carb, don't increase their fat and protein intake enough. HIIT is anaerobic, Insanity and the other BeachBody garbage is just aerobic, and burns muscle tissue like
crazy. Never heard of anyone in BeachBody doing extremely low carb diet. Their crappy shakes and all their other products are loaded with carbs, and BeachBody is a MLM scam. I full tilt sprint at top speed. I'm not burning muscle tissue, as I eat plenty of protein. Gluconeogenesis is not a bad thing, as it is also a healing, and muscle cell replacing process, that gets rid of old and damaged muscle cells. 

Insanity falls into the high intensity exercise category, it's anaerobic, not aerobic.  It's fueled mostly by glucose.  I think you're missing the point here.  Bottom line is this:  If you are eating an ultra low carbohydrate diet and performing HIIT style training, intervals, Insanity, etc, you are at very high risk of burning away that wonderful muscle tissue you spent years building.   If you're ultra low carb, do steady-state cardio only (if you must do cardio at all).   Steady-state cardio is aerobic; it requires oxygen and is fueled primarily by bodyfat.  Once you crank that shit up beyond 70% max heart rate, you're doing more harm than good if you're eating ultra low carb.  Like I've said, I've seen tons of people make this mistake when dieting.  keep the cardio sloooooooooooooow when low carb bro.

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: March 11, 2015, 08:15:08 PM »
Interesting, thanks...so 30 minutes uphill treadmill walk or something?

Do whatever cardio keeps you between 120-150 bpm.   You can get away with HIIT for a couple days following your refeeds, but after that, switch back to steady state cardio as your glycogen levels are near depletion.  

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: March 11, 2015, 08:16:29 PM »

low incline on the treadmill.  Try to stay between 120-150 bpm.   You can get away with HIIT for a couple days following your refeeds, but after that, switch back to steady state cardio as your glycogen levels are near depletion. 

that's really well said, logical...
?

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #60 on: March 11, 2015, 08:38:41 PM »
Insanity falls into the high intensity exercise category, it's anaerobic, not aerobic.  It's fueled mostly by glucose.  I think you're missing the point here.  Bottom line is this:  If you are eating an ultra low carbohydrate diet and performing HIIT style training, intervals, Insanity, etc, you are at very high risk of burning away that wonderful muscle tissue you spent years building.   If you're ultra low carb, do steady-state cardio only (if you must do cardio at all).   Steady-state cardio is aerobic; it requires oxygen and is fueled primarily by bodyfat.  Once you crank that shit up beyond 70% max heart rate, you're doing more harm than good if you're eating ultra low carb.  Like I've said, I've seen tons of people make this mistake when dieting.  keep the cardio sloooooooooooooow when low carb bro.

Anyone who thinks that any product from the BeachBody MLM scam, is anything but a pile of shit, doesn't know anything about fitness. As I told you, if you eat plenty of protein, you don't have to worry about gluconeogenesis. When your insulin levels are low, as they are on an extremely low carb, high fat, high protein diet, it is easily possible to burn fat for energy. Moreover the longer you avoid carbs in your diet, the more your body adapts to burning fat for energy.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #61 on: March 11, 2015, 10:11:46 PM »
Maybe do like joon and buy ketokebabs sticks and test to see if you are in ketosis. Maybe you need to clean up the diet a little and get rid of some more carbs.

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: March 12, 2015, 01:58:24 AM »
You forgot about your cheat day, that I told you would definitely screw up your fat loss plans.

Dr. Mauro Di Pasquale, M.D. was also a world champion Power Lifter. His ANABOLIC DIET wasn't geared to Bodybuilding, it was for building and maintaining over all strength, without accumulating way too much useless body fat. You seem to be confusing the generic word "diet," with fat loss. Not true. "Diet" it is just what you eat. For fat loss, your "diet" must be a "fat loss diet." An Anabolic Diet, with a cheat day once a week, when you pig out on carbs, won't work for body fat loss at all. It will help you maintain weight, while growing muscle, but it won't get rid of appreciable amounts of body fat. To get that done, you have to lose the cheat day, and do the Anabolic Diet 7 days per week, with no cheating at all. Otherwise you are wasting your time.

He too copied Vince Gironda diet from 1960 ;)

Sophus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #63 on: March 12, 2015, 02:34:52 AM »
Surprise

mazfit

• Getbig III
« Reply #64 on: March 12, 2015, 03:01:49 AM »
Up your tren

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #65 on: March 12, 2015, 08:24:44 AM »
6ft, probably 14 bf. 210 lbs.

3200 is basically maintenence for me according to calculators.

Way too many.

Try 2000

Fuck calculators....bodyweigh t x10 works every time

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: March 12, 2015, 08:33:51 AM »
Way too many.

Try 2000

Fuck calculators....bodyweight x10 works every time

THIS!!!
HOw about knowing basic shit and going by logic in regards to what works for you??? I feel sorry for people who need to log in their shit, have it calculated by a computer to figure out calories. Flat out pathetic.

YOu should know this shit like the veins on your cock.... No excuses not to know it.
?

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #67 on: March 12, 2015, 11:43:21 AM »
Anyone watch survivor?  They are on the island for 39 days.  Eat rice, beans and fruit.  All carbs.  Almost everyone who started the show fat ends up super skinny after a few weeks.  Some are unrecognizable from the fat loss.  The reason is the super low calories.  Not eating just fat and meat.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #68 on: March 12, 2015, 11:46:43 AM »
THIS!!!
HOw about knowing basic shit and going by logic in regards to what works for you??? I feel sorry for people who need to log in their shit, have it calculated by a computer to figure out calories. Flat out pathetic.

YOu should know this shit like the veins on your Boyfriend's  cock.... No excuses not to know it.

sorry...had to  ;D

Knooger

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: March 12, 2015, 11:48:17 AM »
Way too many.

Try 2000

Fuck calculators....bodyweigh t x10 works every time

When you say "bodyweight" I assume you mean lean mass and not to include the fat you're trying to lose.

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #70 on: March 12, 2015, 04:32:59 PM »
I can do the low cals, honestly. Ive done it before and effectively, although i end up at the end running a 1600 cal diet and after weeks of looking good...your body on tjat low of cals starts to get fat again, even when that low. Your body basically says enough and 1600 becomes ur baseline.

What appealed to me about AD was the high cals and being able to "cut" at that since ur using fat as fuel. I dont think its that easy as some have said in here.

I am going to drop to 2200 and run that for a while with MILD cardio and GVT training. I just dont want to end up shredded in late april and then not be able to maintain the conditioning if cals get too low.

Knooger

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: March 12, 2015, 04:34:13 PM »
I am going to drop to 2200 and run that for a while with MILD cardio and GVT training. I just dont want to end up shredded in late april and then not be able to maintain the conditioning if cals get too low.

Sounds like a good plan.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: March 12, 2015, 04:35:58 PM »
GVT training on keto?

Don't do it man, oh shit, that is not gonna work, lol!
?

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: March 12, 2015, 04:38:53 PM »
The human body is made of ingested proteins and fats. Carbs only provide energy, from glucose, if it is used immediately, some glycogen storage, and the rest is stored as body fat. Fats and proteins are what builds and repairs everything in your body. Fats and proteins are useful. Carbs aren't useful. The body works fine using fat for fuel. You don't need to eat carbs. That's why their are NO essential carbohydrates, only essential fatty acids (fats), and essential amino acids (proteins). Eating an extremely low carb diet, means you are only eating the essentials that your body really needs.

The body can only digest, absorb and assimilate only so much fat and protein. So eating a lot of fat (70%), and Protein (30%), won't get you fat, even though your calorie intake is high.

Then explain why the OP is not losing weight???
?

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #74 on: March 12, 2015, 04:43:22 PM »
Then explain why the OP is not losing weight???

I already explained it. Read the whole thread before you post stupid questions.