Author Topic: Natural Training Routine Different...  (Read 6923 times)

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
  • Peace and good genes be to you
Natural Training Routine Different...
« on: February 24, 2006, 10:34:10 AM »
....than training on a bunch of s**t?  Is the recovery process longer because your taking less supplements that speed it up. 
I am on nothing but creatine, protein and gakic (well just started my 2 week cycle off of gakic), and it seems very hard to hit bodyparts twice a week because of my intensity.  I am just to beat after one muscle group to barely have a good calf workout (hit calves everyday), let alone another muscle group. 
How many of you natty's train bodyparts 2 or 3 times a week?

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
Re: Natural Training Routine Different...
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2006, 12:52:51 PM »
Not me, I only train each part once a week.  At the beginning of the season I thought I could squeeze in two leg workout...I found out that there was no way I could do that!  My legs were always sore. 

GB-have you ever taken any NO2 supps?  Just wondering because though I haven't taken creatine yet, I do take Ammunition, an NO2 product, and I think I have seen a difference in the way I feel (especially my pumps) and my gains.  Just wondering...
Jennifer

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
  • Peace and good genes be to you
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2006, 01:06:23 PM »
Yes I have, from GNC it was a 3 bottle stack, muscle something.....I forget.  It was really expensive at the time but I did feel enormous pumps and got good gains.  The night time stuff gave me insomnia though.  That was bad.

You need to get on Creatine.

I was at a youth retreat this last weekend and there was this 16 yr. old girl who takes creatine......she gots some fricken definition.  We were in the hot tub (easy there, there was a bunch of us) She said "you think you got muscles, look at me" and took a pose.  I was blown away.  Great shoulder to bi tie ins, she had great definition for only 16.  I encouraged her to get into fitness competition.   

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2006, 01:17:21 PM »
At 16 she probably shouldn't do a show, I only say that because it is really unhealthy for girls to get low bf% especially when they are young.  Maybe in a few years she would be a good contender though.  But that wasn't the point:)

Anyway, I am really big right now, I keep getting nervous that I won't be big enough on stage after dieting but really I am big.  All those pics of me are from last season and I put on serious size this past year.  If I am too small at Jr's then I will do a cycle but after watching that video from the Ironman I don't think size will be a problem as long as I diet down smartly.

Probably most girls with muscles get comments but I am getting all kinds of comments from bbers saying I look like I am "on something."  Thats one of the reasons I am doing a natural show first this year...just to get them off my back.  I take it as a compliment but it gets annoying, espcially when everyone tells me I am too big for Figure and that I should do bbing.  Compared to the Pro's I am not too big but they compare me to local show girls...I need to prove them all wrong:)

I'll post some more pics after the Arnold and get some opinions though.
Jennifer

Acerimmer1

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2006, 03:21:28 PM »
If you do a cycle you should do a thread with pics (I would). I'd be interested to see the affect on a long term natural BBers physique.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2006, 04:41:59 PM »
....than training on a bunch of s**t?  Is the recovery process longer because your taking less supplements that speed it up. 
I am on nothing but creatine, protein and gakic (well just started my 2 week cycle off of gakic), and it seems very hard to hit bodyparts twice a week because of my intensity.  I am just to beat after one muscle group to barely have a good calf workout (hit calves everyday), let alone another muscle group. 

I believe it's important to keep the workouts short, definitely shorter than one hour if training bodybuilding, because of how the body hormones work. Preferably somewhere around 45-50 minutes.

Also, important to watch CNS stress and recovery.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2006, 05:27:17 PM »
If you're gonna work your muscle groups 2-3 times a week, forget about the isolations(atleast to begin with). The compound movements will come in handy when doing this, and like hedgy said, keep the workouts short. You dont have to backoff the intensity(you can be intense without going to failure), just that you have to adjust the volume so the TOTAL volume for a bodypart over the WHOLE week is equal to the volume u are used to doing in one day for a particular bodypart. I think you will enjoy the workouts if u try them, besides its gonna be a good break from the once a week pounding on jsut one muscle muscle-group per day.
follow the arrows

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2006, 06:28:39 PM »
If you do a cycle you should do a thread with pics (I would). I'd be interested to see the affect on a long term natural BBers physique.

you know that I am talking about creatine, right?
Jennifer

Bast175

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2006, 06:45:43 PM »

yea I'm the moron.  ::)  Are you gonna inject the creatine too, for your "cycle"..  lol

Acerimmer1

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2006, 07:33:20 PM »

I didn't when I posted it, but I figured it out. Not so sure that a first cycle of creatine thread would be so spectacular.

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2006, 10:45:50 AM »
Hey i used to do each body part once a week loads of sets per workout.
Now iv split it into upper and lower workouts.
In a week il do MONDAY=upper
WEDNESDAY=lower
FRIDAY=upper

Then the following week itl go MONDAY=lower
WEDNESDAY=upper
FRIDAY=lower

I probs do the same amount of sets i used to (well providing its the week with 2 sessions for either upper/lower), but there split over 2 workouts.

davie
It isn't the mountains ah

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2006, 11:36:59 AM »
recently ive been cycling my weights and im starting to plateau at 280lb 3x5bench i need to lowever the weight down a bit and start again or cut a day out. then again maybe its  just a bad workout from my heaviest ever chest workout on monday, today was a joke left after like 3 sets and squatted instead.

FitChic78

• Getbig II
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2006, 05:35:28 PM »

Hey GetBigger! I hear you on this one! I usually feel recovered for my next work out when I just try to maintain but once it gets into a prep season, my schedule gets the best out of me and even with Glut, BCAA's and MV, it seems that I can't get my ass out of bed in the morning, especially after a leg work out. I have to say that I feel that when you train each body part once a week you get better results as you allow for recovery time. Well, anyway for me personally as I can compare different routines I used to have. A while ago I would have a split of M-Th would be my upper body days and T-F my leg days. Then I trained one body part per week where leg circuits were the most intense day. Now I switched back to lean out and am doing every body part once a week with an exception of legs - hit them twice. Well, that's a curse for some women and not like Jen, I do have hips and that's where my main cncern is when it comes to leaning out. So now I can see that it is more of a wear out schedule for me and once I bring my legs down a little, I will switch back to hitting just one body part a week...

FitChic78

• Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2006, 05:41:59 PM »
Not me, I only train each part once a week.  At the beginning of the season I thought I could squeeze in two leg workout...I found out that there was no way I could do that!  My legs were always sore. 

GB-have you ever taken any NO2 supps?  Just wondering because though I haven't taken creatine yet, I do take Ammunition, an NO2 product, and I think I have seen a difference in the way I feel (especially my pumps) and my gains.  Just wondering...

Hey Jen! I have to agree with you on NO2. Some people claim it's a worseless supp but I definitely feel the difference since I've included it into my work-out routine a few months ago. I had to go off it just recently though coz I started to see less effect as far as pumps and just the way my veins were feeling and looking, you know that tight feeling...So now I am starting back this week and the feeling is back!

Also, have you ever tried No-Xplode? I have to say that the stuff works wonders as far as giving me energy in the morning to do my cardio or if I am dragged after a long day at work and have to lift myself up to do a weights work-out. Plus I get extremely focused and it's like bam! I get in a zone and I am getting through my work out as if I am on fire even though only some 30 minutes ago while driving from the office I had to talk myself into going and getting my work out done...

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2006, 06:06:07 PM »

I train arms twice a week and try to incorporate at least one extra movement on a different day for each body part once a week.
On this extra movement I don't try to do too many sets or go too heavy, I also try to take into account that most movements
are compound and involve more than just simply one muscle group.

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2006, 08:41:01 AM »
Hey Jen! I have to agree with you on NO2. Some people claim it's a worseless supp but I definitely feel the difference since I've included it into my work-out routine a few months ago. I had to go off it just recently though coz I started to see less effect as far as pumps and just the way my veins were feeling and looking, you know that tight feeling...So now I am starting back this week and the feeling is back!

Also, have you ever tried No-Xplode? I have to say that the stuff works wonders as far as giving me energy in the morning to do my cardio or if I am dragged after a long day at work and have to lift myself up to do a weights work-out. Plus I get extremely focused and it's like bam! I get in a zone and I am getting through my work out as if I am on fire even though only some 30 minutes ago while driving from the office I had to talk myself into going and getting my work out done...
Never tried NO-Explode...I just stick with my Pride Supplements because I have felt the bad effects of others!  I completely understand the feeling of getting into a zone though.  I hate morning cardio but when I take my fat-burner (which I only use on morning cardio-days now) I am pumped by the time I get there, its kindof strange.  I could see why fat-burners could be addictive, my vice is green tea during the day.

If you ever decide to do a show be thankful that you have hips...the judges love them even if you don't.  Seriously I have had judges tell me, other women may like your body but for a figure show you are too straight, you have no hips.  Look at Jenny Lynn, she's got some hips.

Jennifer

FitChic78

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2006, 10:10:47 AM »
Never tried NO-Explode...I just stick with my Pride Supplements because I have felt the bad effects of others!  I completely understand the feeling of getting into a zone though.  I hate morning cardio but when I take my fat-burner (which I only use on morning cardio-days now) I am pumped by the time I get there, its kindof strange.  I could see why fat-burners could be addictive, my vice is green tea during the day.

If you ever decide to do a show be thankful that you have hips...the judges love them even if you don't.  Seriously I have had judges tell me, other women may like your body but for a figure show you are too straight, you have no hips.  Look at Jenny Lynn, she's got some hips.

What fat burner do you use? Don't tell me it's also Pride...Well, unless you have a contract with them or they sponsor you, then I would understand  ;)

So is your training any different now since you are getting closer to the May show? Are you still training only 1 body part per week?

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2006, 12:12:48 PM »
What fat burner do you use? Don't tell me it's also Pride...Well, unless you have a contract with them or they sponsor you, then I would understand  ;)

So is your training any different now since you are getting closer to the May show? Are you still training only 1 body part per week?

Yep, its Pride's:)  It's called Dialed in (Synephrine, caffeine, salicin, guggulsterones, ALC, Vanadyl Sulfate).  I only use one and only on my cardio days.  Oh and yes I suppose I am sponsored by Pride.  I was with them at the Arnold and do local events with them.  They really turned me into a believer of supplements and I am lucky that I met them.

Yep, my training is the same-last year I really think I made a mistake by changing my training going into my shows to more of a circuit workout.  I plan on doing that the last week of training before my show but I don't plan on changing my routine until then. 
Jennifer