Author Topic: The Cotton Letter Was Not Sent Anywhere, Especially Not to Iran  (Read 845 times)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
....not that it matters...unless the Dems did it....but it is what it is.

Despite this hyperventilation, the Cotton Club did not send its letter anywhere — particularly not Tehran. As I mentioned last Thursday, Cotton drafted this letter, which explained to Iran’s leaders several relevant aspects of basic American civics. “We will consider any agreement regarding your nuclear-weapons program that is not approved by the Congress as nothing more than an executive agreement between President Obama and Ayatollah Khamenei,” the letter states. “The next president could revoke such an executive agreement with the stroke of a pen,” it continues. Cotton got 46 other senators to sign this letter in ink. “Because it was an open letter, it was not sent to Tehran but rather posted on Senator Cotton’s website and social-media accounts,” Caroline Rabbitt, Senator Cotton’s communications director, explained to me last week. Cotton & Co. never even dropped an envelope in the mail.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/415456/cotton-letter-was-not-sent-anywhere-especially-not-iran-deroy-murdock
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: The Cotton Letter Was Not Sent Anywhere, Especially Not to Iran
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2015, 11:04:06 AM »
Doesn't matter if he put a stamp on it, or just used his official govt website to publish the letter.

He's an elected official, who got 46 other senators to join his public declaration to undermine obama in iran talks. 

If THIS is what the cotton defense has become... 'well, he didn't technically MAIL the treasonous letter, so it wasn't official..."

LOL I dont have a problem with the letter, dems will do it under the next repub president, pelosi did it.  But for them to back off it, and blame "i only posted it, I didn't mail it..." at least admit the goal was to undermine obama, and they got their point across.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2015, 11:06:08 AM »
this is beginning to sound like  "It depends upon what the meaning of the word 'is' is.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2015, 11:08:00 AM »
just sayin.....never sent. But they got the message
L

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2015, 11:16:28 AM »
I haven't really been following this closely, but you mean all he did was essentially post an op ed piece on his own website?  lol

I was thinking he sent a letter directly to Iran. 

The president can learn something from this guy about transparency. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2015, 11:31:59 AM »
oh, he's a US senator.  His words carry weight.

If it's devolved to "well, I never actually mailed it..." after he clearly told the world, over and over...

LOL uber-backtracking!

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2015, 12:23:13 PM »
He never claimed otherwise. This got play because the Iranians asked about it and could then be exploited by Obama for his own ends. I thought he sent it as well....
L

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2015, 12:29:55 PM »
just because it wasn't sent by mail it still accomplished what he wanted it to

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2015, 02:48:25 PM »

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2015, 03:53:39 PM »
Hypocrisy is only bad when the Repubs do it.

When libtards do it, it's always 'different'.  ::)

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2015, 04:57:37 PM »
Hypocrisy is only bad when the Repubs do it.

When libtards do it, it's always 'different'.  ::)

I don't understand why they are crying so bad about this after all the shit the Dems pulled to undermine President Bush.  Pelosi actually went to Syria in person, among others.  These dudes just wrote a letter.  Bizarre.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2015, 05:01:09 PM »

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2015, 05:04:38 PM »
Steven Benen explained in calling the comparison "plainly at odds with the facts": 

For one thing, Pelosi notified both the White House and the State Department in advance of her trip. She also received a policy briefing from Bush administration officials about developments in Syria, and Pelosi was told that the staff at the U.S. embassy in Damascus would be available if needed.

In other words, Pelosi honored U.S. protocols and worked with the executive branch instead of trying to circumvent it. Let's also not forget that the Bush administration was not actively involved in delicate negotiations with Syria at the time.

[...]

* Update: I spoke to Pelosi's office, and a top aide reminded me that officials from the Bush State Department literally sat in on the meeting between the then-Speaker and Assad. To see this as comparable to the sabotage letter is plainly at odds with the facts.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2015, 05:09:55 PM »
Steven Benen explained in calling the comparison "plainly at odds with the facts": 

For one thing, Pelosi notified both the White House and the State Department in advance of her trip. She also received a policy briefing from Bush administration officials about developments in Syria, and Pelosi was told that the staff at the U.S. embassy in Damascus would be available if needed.

In other words, Pelosi honored U.S. protocols and worked with the executive branch instead of trying to circumvent it. Let's also not forget that the Bush administration was not actively involved in delicate negotiations with Syria at the time.

[...]

* Update: I spoke to Pelosi's office, and a top aide reminded me that officials from the Bush State Department literally sat in on the meeting between the then-Speaker and Assad. To see this as comparable to the sabotage letter is plainly at odds with the facts.

So you are denying that the Democrats didn't openly try to undermine the Bush administration multiple times?  lol

This letter thing is a non issue.  It makes Obama look bad so all his apologists have to come out and launch an offensive.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2015, 05:21:26 PM »
Pelosi and what cotton did are not the same

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2015, 06:47:31 AM »
....not that it matters...unless the Dems did it....but it is what it is.

Despite this hyperventilation, the Cotton Club did not send its letter anywhere — particularly not Tehran. As I mentioned last Thursday, Cotton drafted this letter, which explained to Iran’s leaders several relevant aspects of basic American civics. “We will consider any agreement regarding your nuclear-weapons program that is not approved by the Congress as nothing more than an executive agreement between President Obama and Ayatollah Khamenei,” the letter states. “The next president could revoke such an executive agreement with the stroke of a pen,” it continues. Cotton got 46 other senators to sign this letter in ink. “Because it was an open letter, it was not sent to Tehran but rather posted on Senator Cotton’s website and social-media accounts,” Caroline Rabbitt, Senator Cotton’s communications director, explained to me last week. Cotton & Co. never even dropped an envelope in the mail.
Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/415456/cotton-letter-was-not-sent-anywhere-especially-not-iran-deroy-murdock

Yup not send only posted for EVERYONE in the whole friggin world to see ::)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2015, 06:50:42 AM »
Horrible.......yeah undermining a goal to allow our enemies to have the bomb while causing major problems for our allies....Obama is a traitorous piece of shit.
L