Author Topic: My dumbest ( or smartest ? ) getbig rant on hardcore bodybuilding  (Read 3080 times)

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Why is it so damn difficult to be a real fan of pro BB ?

A few years ago, I become a reborn mainstream pro sports fan. Dealing with a major league ticket office was such a change from the world of hardcore bodybuilding events. The customer service was incredible and everything was well organized and professional. The games were held in state of the art sports venues with incredible sound and lighting. I could buy a viewing package to see every game (LIVE) in MLB, NHL or the NFL. They had refs and officials that enforced rules and even used transparent instant replay. It wasn't 100% perfect, but light years from the  fan experience, organization and rule enforcement in bodybuilding.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
Re: My dumbest ( or smartest ? ) getbig rant on hardcore bodybuilding
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2015, 04:26:13 PM »
The hole of the butt

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2015, 04:33:40 PM »
The hole of the butt

If that was a judged body part in pro bikini, I'd never miss a show.

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2015, 04:38:37 PM »
Some of us knew by the end of our teenage years that this a sick and unhealthy pursuit. I could only look at some of the guys in the gym that were trying to 'make it'. Sitting in the gym juice bar after training for hours, hoping to get 'noticed'. Sitting there again during non training days with tank tops, hoping to get noticed and for someone to throw a few bucks their way. I like to think of myself as well brought up and seeing the whole scene for what it is, I wanted fuck all to do with it. I loved it from age 16-18 but it was a healthy love. I had a friend who started with me age 16 became obsessed with it. It's horrible to watch. He ended up robbing a pharmacy and done bird. All to feed a sick addiction, going nowhere.

I have tried steroids and have no problems with it or people using. But it's not for me. The whole thing is too seedy and shady.

Just like pro BB.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2015, 04:56:34 PM »
::)

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2015, 05:53:02 PM »
If that was a judged body part in pro bikini, I'd never miss a show.

You are on to something here.

Why are they not currently judging these women's assholes?

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2015, 05:56:00 PM »
Some of us knew by the end of our teenage years that this a sick and unhealthy pursuit. I could only look at some of the guys in the gym that were trying to 'make it'. Sitting in the gym juice bar after training for hours, hoping to get 'noticed'. Sitting there again during non training days with tank tops, hoping to get noticed and for someone to throw a few bucks their way. I like to think of myself as well brought up and seeing the whole scene for what it is, I wanted fuck all to do with it. I loved it from age 16-18 but it was a healthy love. I had a friend who started with me age 16 became obsessed with it. It's horrible to watch. He ended up robbing a pharmacy and done bird. All to feed a sick addiction, going nowhere.

I have tried steroids and have no problems with it or people using. But it's not for me. The whole thing is too seedy and shady.

Just like pro BB.

No question, that is a good example of  the seedy underbelly much in hardcore bodybuilding.
I'm not questioning or judging those aspects and like you knew about it, early on.

I understand pro BB isn't going to be a huge media darling.
BUT, c'mon it wouldn't take too much to have a  decent "pay per view" IFBB contest webcast.
That's all I want for each pro and national show,  at this point.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2015, 05:58:01 PM »
The hole of the butt
Needs a tongue punch.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2015, 06:08:51 PM »

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2015, 06:12:14 PM »
Dirt Star.

Nice stripper song,

Star light, star bright, first dirt star you see tonight...TIP  ;D

I had this old USMC buddy who was from Philly.
He had this thick Philly accent.
At strip clubs, he'd always say;
" Yo baby,  show me yo azzhole"

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2015, 06:22:27 PM »
But...... are there any cocks to be seen at these shows?  :-\

I personally love bodybuilding, I'm obsessed with it, it's a great great experience, waiting for every session after basically 15 years of training, but I couldn't care less about competing, that just makes no sense to me (at least currently), sometimes I watch people I know who compete, sometimes it's entertaining (esp. the bikini categories). Sometimes I smile in my mind at these guys who are poor to begin with and throw all their money to bb'ing. Other that that I just love being muscular, lean, tight and sexy  :-*

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2015, 07:05:55 PM »

I just love being muscular, lean, tight and sexy  :-*

I think I'm in love with you  ;D

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2015, 07:11:06 PM »

I personally love bodybuilding, I'm obsessed with it, it's a great great experience, waiting for every session after basically 15 years of training, but I couldn't care less about competing, that just makes no sense to me (at least currently), sometimes I watch people I know who compete, sometimes it's entertaining (esp. the bikini categories). Sometimes I smile in my mind at these guys who are poor to begin with and throw all their money to bb'ing. Other that that I just love being muscular, lean, tight and sexy  :-*

So just sit there with a plucked rooster in your lap.

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2015, 04:49:53 AM »

muscularny

• Getbig IV
  • Training
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2015, 05:03:33 AM »
You are comparing sports that generate 250+mil a year in revenue to bodybuilding that has been a losing venture for many decades now?

Last week I was watching that Mike Morris interview posted here, props to him for the honesty but come on, what other sport will the players take 600 bucks from some stranger and take them back to their hotel room for some private show?

The snake oil supplement BS is not helping either, many of these companies will be history in a year from now.

Last but not least, sane looking fitness guys on youtube make more money than pro bodybuilders and they are not jeopardizing their health.

Little do pros know that if only they had a good channel on youtube with good updates + utilized certain techniques they would be able to pull in 500k a year or so using the web. They would spend maybe an hour a day on this BS.

I feel bad for the people who bust their tail in this sport and make so little money. I could care less about the schmoes and the buyers of the snake oil.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2015, 05:11:11 AM »
This guy has more money than all the Olympia contestants combined. Men's Health sells more issues a month than all the bodybuilding magazines combined. It has ads in the mag from such businesses as top shelf car companies and high end watches. While bodybuilding magazines  are 50% ads from supplement companies. Many are put into containers in some guy's garage.

muscularny

• Getbig IV
  • Training
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2015, 05:13:35 AM »
This guy has more money than all the Olympia contestants combined. Men's Health sells more issues a month than all the bodybuilding magazines combined. It has ads in the mag from such businesses as top shelf car companies and high end watches. While bodybuilding magazines hat are 50% ads from supplement companies. Many are put into containers in some guy's garage.

Mens health is purchased by both men and women (dont ask me why), the hardcore bodybuilding mags is mostly by men

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2015, 05:15:24 AM »
Mens health is purchased by both men and women (dont ask me why), the hardcore bodybuilding mags is mostly by men

I find that hard to believe when the magazine Men's Health puts out Women's Health.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2015, 05:16:52 AM »
You are comparing sports that generate 250+mil a year in revenue to bodybuilding that has been a losing venture for many decades now?

250M+?  Lol.  MLB & NFL do 9 billion each.
Y

muscularny

• Getbig IV
  • Training
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2015, 05:19:16 AM »
I find that hard to believe when the magazine Men's Health puts out Women's Health.

me too, but after reading how many women stroked it to 50 shades of grey nothing surprises me

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2015, 05:31:23 AM »
Nice stripper song,

Star light, star bright, first dirt star you see tonight...TIP  ;D

I had this old USMC buddy who was from Philly.
He had this thick Philly accent.
At strip clubs, he'd always say;
" Yo baby,  show me yo azzhole"
Yo Howie , cut the shit.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2015, 05:36:47 AM »

Last week I was watching that Mike Morris interview posted here, props to him for the honesty but come on, what other sport will the players take 600 bucks from some stranger and take them back to their hotel room for some private show?

The snake oil supplement BS is not helping either, many of these companies will be history in a year from now.

Last but not least, sane looking fitness guys on youtube make more money than pro bodybuilders and they are not jeopardizing their health.

Little do pros know that if only they had a good channel on youtube with good updates + utilized certain techniques they would be able to pull in 500k a year or so using the web. They would spend maybe an hour a day on this BS.

I feel bad for the people who bust their tail in this sport and make so little money. I could care less about the schmoes and the buyers of the snake oil.

No, I don't expect bodybuilding to be as covered in the media as other sports.

I simply want a good quality "ppv" web cast of all the pro and NPC national contests.
Here it is in 2015 with all kinds of web cast technology and most shows get ZERO web cast coverage.
BB.com is the only one "allowed" to do their crappy free webcast of the Olympia and Arnold classic.

For whatever reasons, some like MD go to shows to cover the event.
BUT, they can't do a webcast and end up doing this text type, play by play of the event.

I'd love to be a more involved fan of pro bodybuilding, but I find it a near impossible task.

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2015, 05:39:52 AM »

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2015, 05:50:44 AM »

I know, I know, I know all about the seedy underbelly of bodybuilding .
Other then laugh about it, I don't care and don't get involved in any g4p or illegal drugs, etc.

The NFL has it's share of criminals in the news and fans still watch the games.
I just want a good quality webcast of every pro event and am willing to pay a fee to see contests.

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2015, 05:54:35 AM »
year 2003 web cast equipment 4 life