Author Topic: small waist...really?  (Read 11305 times)

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
small waist...really?
« on: March 24, 2015, 10:46:33 AM »
I remember some years ago doing lots of oblique training not just side bends but seated broomstick twists with a broom handle doing 3x 200 reps. This was with double crunches and hanging knee raises. I think at the time it did give a toning effect to my lower back and waist but not like this guy claims. Training the Rectus Abdominis will shorten your torso, wtf is he talking about? shorten your abs sure in the crunch but i donīt see his point. If you do hanging abs your full midsection is worked.

Erik C

• Getbig IV
Re: small waist...really?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2015, 11:41:24 AM »
If this guy is really selling himself as a trainer, and his exercises really worked to tighten the waist, as he claims, then he should have taken off his shirt to show off the spectacular results of those exercises, in the form of the great 6 pack that he has.

Abs are made in the kitchen. If you don't cut the body fat covering your core, then you see nothing but fat. Fact.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2015, 11:50:47 AM »
If this guy is really selling himself as a trainer, and his exercises really worked to tighten the waist, as he claims, then he should have taken off his shirt to show off the spectacular results of those exercises, in the form of the great 6 pack that he has.

Abs are made in the kitchen. If you don't cut the body fat covering your core, then you see nothing but fat. Fact.
yes we all have abs. maybe not developed but abs. I canīt tell you how many overweight people who still believe in spot reduction. when i tell them ok we will do some cycling on the stationary bike, they always ask about ab training  ;D never mind.. cut out the jelly doughnuts and move...

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2015, 07:20:06 AM »
A great no nonsense ab workout which i bought some years back was from this ex Seal...works great. The original video was called "Ab Blast"..  Sadly i think he was killed in Irak. I remember posting this about 2 years ago but his video is good.

Stan Diego

• Getbig III
  • A whales vagina
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2015, 07:33:30 AM »

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2015, 07:36:49 AM »

yeah .. seen that before good video. donīt need any fancy shit for abs. small movements and contraction.

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2015, 07:48:22 AM »
Here's a guy who isn't selling anything, but you can see his abs right through his shirt!

People here on GetBig overlook the fact that gymnastics builds really great looking muscles, and all the Old Time Strongmen/Bodybuilders were gymnasts too. Up until the 1950s, practically every Bodybuilder could do an Iron Cross, on the motionless rings.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2015, 07:55:44 AM »
Here's a guy who isn't selling anything, but you can see his abs right through his shirt!

People here on GetBig overlook the fact that gymnastics builds really great looking muscles, and all the Old Time Strongmen/Bodybuilders were gymnasts too. Up until the 1950s, practically every Bodybuilder could do an Iron Cross, on the motionless rings.
yes true Grimmek was a good gymnast. Infact due to this fact he beat Reeves. These guys still did direct ab training though. Honestly man.. the course ab blast is hard. starts , easy and works up to advanced which of course the guy in the video you posted could do. I still got the video. Now i just do basic stuff.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2015, 07:58:11 AM »

fuck this shit is brutally intense. Im bored of using a slantboard after 2 mins.

wikkedonez

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2015, 08:04:03 AM »
That's how Paki oww is going to look
when Mayweather is done with him....

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2015, 08:09:14 AM »
fuck this shit is brutally intense. Im bored of using a slantboard after 2 mins.
Full sit ups i still do to work more my groin/lower area. It does not work "upper Abs" as suggested in the 80s.. it works the full abs to a degree but most importantly many other muscles. However if you want to really hit abs then the video posted is better. Stands to reason you train all the other muscles with normal training but abs you need to understand and train and isolate as best you can. when i do Gironda power leg extensions leaning back my groin/lower abs are hit hard. Older guys be careful on this exercise  ;)

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2015, 08:32:00 AM »
OK. This is turning into an Abs tutorial. The abs, rectus abdominis is one muscle, but two set of nerves, an upper, and a lower set. Some people think that doesn't make a difference. They're totally wrong. If you make a top down exercise movement, then the upper nerves trigger the RA. If you make a bottom up movement, the lower nerves trigger the RA. Whichever set of nerves triggers the movement, the bottom or top, indicates which part of the RA gets worked the hardest, and the other part just goes along for the ride. Hint: the lower nerves get triggered the least. Note: hanging upside down, will trigger the lower nerves first. Guys, such as Sandow, and Grimek, would exercise their abs in a hanging upside down position.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2015, 09:11:02 AM »
OK. This is turning into an Abs tutorial. The abs, rectus abdominis is one muscle, but two set of nerves, an upper, and a lower set. Some people think that doesn't make a difference. They're totally wrong. If you make a top down exercise movement, then the upper nerves trigger the RA. If you make a bottom up movement, the lower nerves trigger the RA. Whichever set of nerves triggers the movement, the bottom or top, indicates which part of the RA gets worked the hardest, and the other part just goes along for the ride. Hint: the lower nerves get triggered the least. Note: hanging upside down, will trigger the lower nerves first. Guys, such as Sandow, and Grimek, would exercise their abs in a hanging upside down position.

The Abs are infact a multi muscle and therefore are called Multi muscle rectus Abdominis. The so called 6 pack is infact a multitude of muscles.. such as the traverse abdominus. Now this muscle is not visible but is evident in such poses as the Vacuum pose.. Frank zane was a master in this.

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2015, 09:30:46 AM »
The Abs are infact a multi muscle and therefore are called Multi muscle rectus Abdominis. The so called 6 pack is infact a multitude of muscles.. such as the traverse abdominus. Now this muscle is not visible but is evident in such poses as the Vacuum pose.. Frank zane was a master in this.

Rectus Abdominis is technically an 8 pack. The Traverse Abdominus has nothing to do with it, as the TA is underneath the RA. The vacuum pose originated with Maxick, the great Old Time Strongman. There are some who claim that the Vacuum Pose was an old yoga pose. And, although yogis were able to do it, after Maxick did it, there is no record of any yogi performing that movement before Maxick did. It wasn't one of the classical yoga poses that preceded Maxick. The Vacuum Pose requires Muscle Control of the Traverse Abdominis and the Diaphragm muscles. Technically it is a breathing exercise. Frank Zane is a master of that pose. Of course the fat slob mass monsters of today couldn't possibly do it.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2015, 09:39:29 AM »
Rectus Abdominis is technically an 8 pack. The Traverse Abdominus has nothing to do with it, as the TA is underneath the RA. The vacuum pose originated with Maxick, the great Old Time Strongman. There are some who claim that the Vacuum Pose was an old yoga pose. And, although yogis were able to do it, after Maxick did it, there is no record of any yogi performing that movement before Maxick did. It wasn't one of the classical yoga poses that preceded Maxick. The Vacuum Pose requires Muscle Control of the Traverse Abdominis and the Diaphragm muscles. Technically it is a breathing exercise. Frank Zane is a master of that pose. Of course the fat slob mass monsters of today couldn't possibly do it.

thank you jpm for your input. Have to disagree though. The Traverse abdominus is a part of the Multi muscle Rectus Abdominis. Do you suck in air when you crunch, to contract the abs? Very important muscles and deep.

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2015, 09:40:44 AM »
when i do Gironda power leg extensions leaning back my groin/lower abs are hit hard. Older guys be careful on this exercise  ;)
What do you do those on? The leg extension machines that I have seen and used have it where the back support only goes back so far.

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2015, 09:44:17 AM »
thank you jpm for your input. Have to disagree though. The Traverse abdominus is a part of the Multi muscle Rectus Abdominis. Do you suck in air when you crunch, to contract the abs? Very important muscles and deep.

Rectus Abdominis, and Traverse Abdominis are two separate, and different muscles. Who, or what, is jpm?

You exhale air, to perform a Vacuum Pose.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2015, 09:47:53 AM »
What do you do those on? The leg extension machines that I have seen and used have it where the back support only goes back so far.
I use this bench at home. In the Gym i use the furthest setting.
http://www.nlfit.com/product.asp?category_name=legs&product_id=138&sub=overview

Julio Ceasar

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2015, 09:52:24 AM »

This is cardio lactic training, your abdominal will get smaller and weaker but more endurance...

I have tried these typ of training 10-15 minutes of ab workout without rest. Your abs muscles become smaller...

Great looking abs = heavy training low reps, and diet!

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2015, 09:52:46 AM »
Rectus Abdominis, and Traverse Abdominis are two separate, and different muscles. Who, or what, is jpm?

You exhale air, to perform a Vacuum Pose.
exactly.. so your Traverse /rectus abdominis is active. canīt seperate them.

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2015, 09:53:29 AM »

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2015, 10:01:48 AM »
exactly.. so your Traverse /rectus abdominis is active. canīt seperate them.

No. To perform a vacuum pose, your Rectus Abdominis is relaxed.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2015, 10:04:45 AM »
Gotcha and thanks.
no probs... the leaning back leg extension is great for upper leg / ab development . you can of course lift more weight but the sartorius muscle is worked and hard. better than standard leg extensions.. and the lower groin area. Really hits some important muscles although there is a degree of stretch which as i wrote should be used with cation for older guys.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2015, 10:10:11 AM »
No. To perform a vacuum pose, your Rectus Abdominis is relaxed.
prove to me you can separate them. ever seen a video of people doing vacuums and moving their whole midsection. Guys were doing this in the 50s.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2015, 10:14:21 AM »
check this guy out... nah... no rectus abdominis active :D