Author Topic: Brock Lesnar - Will fight again, but not for the UFC...  (Read 4560 times)

Tyr

• Getbig IV
  • Head of deliverance
Brock Lesnar - Will fight again, but not for the UFC...
« on: March 24, 2015, 06:21:29 PM »
Just not in the UFC

Former UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar signed a new contract Monday night with World Wrestling Entertainment, and said he was closing the book on mixed martial arts for good. Sources in WWE had said that it was imperative that Lesnar make his decision by last night so that plans for WrestleMania could be made, which takes place on Sunday at Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara, Calif. Lesnar is in the main event on the show, defending the WWE championship against Roman Reigns. If he had not signed, the result of the main event would be obvious, since he would have to lose.  "It was a very hard decision to make," Lesnar said Tuesday night on ESPN SportsCenter.

Lesnar told the Associated Press on Tuesday that he turned down an offer worth "10 times" what he was making during his UFC run. He also claimed the UFC tried to increase its offer when he called to inform them he was returning to WWE on Tuesday.

Lesnar, who turns 38 in July, was at a crossroads and said he'd spent numerous sleepless nights weighing his options between UFC and WWE.  He said he was serious enough that he had started MMA training two-and-a-half months ago.

The belief is that WWE had an edge in the talks because of the age factor, and that Lesnar had been out of the Octagon for nearly  three-and-a-half years.

Lesnar had been UFC heavyweight champion and was a huge pay-per-view draw during his 2008-2011 run, which saw health issues keep him from reaching his potential in the sport. He said it had bothered him that his sports career ended with a losing streak.

"I've been training to get back into the Octagon," he said. "I felt physically great, but something lacked mentally and that's not good."

"I talked to Dana (White), I talked to Lorenzo (Fertitta), Vince (McMahon), my wife, my friends, I had many sleepless nights and at the end of the day, I was born to be an entertainer and I have fun doing it."

He also said he is not considering going back to MMA from this point forward.

"I'm officially closing the door on the sport of MMA. I signed last night with the WWE. We came to a conclusion last night. The offer on the table I couldn't refuse. I think it's fair to the fans, and I want to be fair to the fans to know that on Sunday, I'm going to hold that damn belt. It was public knowledge (that his contract was coming due and he was considering MMA) and it was out there as to, What is Brock going to do?"

Lesnar joked, "I'm an older caveman now and I make wiser caveman decisions. My legacy in the Octagon is over." Love him or hate him that dude jacked up the PPV numbers and brought a lot of attention and WWE fans to the UFC.  Despite having a granite head and never being KO'd he never got over his panic of getting hit.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
Re: Brock Lesnar fights again
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2015, 06:23:07 PM »

spiro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2015, 06:25:48 PM »
If Lesnar could juice freely he could prob be top 5. Without it no way.

Tyr

• Getbig IV
  • Head of deliverance
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2015, 06:25:57 PM »

spiro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2015, 06:26:44 PM »

So what Cain whips everyone. He prob swims in epo.

Tyr

• Getbig IV
  • Head of deliverance
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2015, 06:32:39 PM »
If Lesnar could juice freely he could prob be top 5. Without it no way.

All the juice in the world won't help now that everyone knows his achilles heel.  Ya gotta wonder how it would have panned out if he wasnt plagued by diverculitis.

I remember a shane carwins coach mentioning how brock seemed oblivious to the blood and pain after taking a beating from carwin in the first round  Carwin was gassed on the stool while (according to Carwins coach )" that son of a bitch was smiling. Bleeding down his face but grinning away. Right then I knew we were in trouble"

spiro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2015, 06:43:28 PM »
All the juice in the world won't help now that everyone knows his achilles heel.  Ya gotta wonder how it would have panned out if he wasnt plagued by diverculitis.

I remember a shane carwins coach mentioning how brock seemed oblivious to the blood and pain after taking a beating from carwin in the first round  Carwin was gassed on the stool while (according to Carwins coach )" that son of a bitch was smiling. Bleeding down his face but grinning away. Right then I knew we were in trouble"

If lesnar started at a young age he would be the greatest heavyweight of all time. If he had the proper stand up training.

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2015, 06:46:26 PM »

of course it was mostly big show doing all the hard work of flipping his big ass upsidedown

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2015, 06:48:32 PM »
Brock could make millions in the UFC getting punched in the face, or he could make millions in the WWE getting pretend-punched in the face. Which one would you choose?

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2015, 06:55:49 PM »
Brock could make millions in the UFC getting punched in the face, or he could make millions in the WWE getting pretend-punched in the face. Which one would you choose?

I think you take a worse beating in the wwe

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2015, 06:58:49 PM »
I think you take a worse beating in the wwe

Did you see his fight with Cain Velasquez? He still has a large scar on his left cheek from it.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2015, 07:05:09 PM »

You'll take a much worse beating in professional wrestling than MMA...FACT
A

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2015, 07:21:44 PM »

C'mon, Vince. He'll be on a limited schedule. In MMA he'd have to spar and take shots to the head.

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2015, 07:58:31 PM »
Maybe WWE can bring some realism to Brock's next match, by bringing back Rey Misterio to be Brock's first opponent?

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2015, 08:02:13 PM »
Brock Lesnar is a chickenshit

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2015, 08:06:01 PM »
Brock Lesnar is a chickenshit

Brock fought Frank Mir, Shane Carwin, and Cain Velasquez. I guess you could have done better? ::)

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2015, 08:13:50 PM »
Queue Ronda Rousey claiming Brock Lesnar no longer wanted UFC because he was scared of her

Tyr

• Getbig IV
  • Head of deliverance
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2015, 08:53:10 PM »
Brock was thrown into the semi deep end from the beginning of his UFC career. They heavyweight ranks werent exactly talent rich. I was expecting Herring to beat him. Heath was more or less a journeyman by then but he had a heck of a lot more experience, especially in Pride + he was pretty close to Lesnars size. I thought the UFC was trying to make an example out of him by having him face off against more experienced fighters to prove that a WWE fighter can't cut it in their ranks. Randy was doing pretty good early in the round until he miscalculated and Lesnar caught him. I never expected him to hold on to the title as long as he did. He took Mir apart and weathered Carwin's storm to beat him.  People like to rag on him wilting once he gets hit but he stayed in the fight to submit an exhausted Carwin.
The problem was that fight also exposed his weakness as well. I think his coach mentioned that they needed educate brock on how to counter strikers. While getting ready for cain he recruited pat barry to help him but as it turns out all barry did was wrestle with him most of the time. We all know what happened in the fight with cain.

He was a freak athlete though. Even during his wrestling career he was incredibly explosive for a guy that size. At least his negotiation skills seem intact. He played the UFC against the WWE with his rumors of a return to MMA and probably got a hefty resign amount with limited travel time.

SquidVicious

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2015, 09:08:15 PM »
Most overrated UFC fighter of all time. LOL at held onto the title for so long. He defended the title a whopping two times over three years until the UFC couldn't protect him from Cain any longer.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2015, 12:17:17 PM »
Most overrated UFC fighter of all time. LOL at held onto the title for so long. He defended the title a whopping two times over three years until the UFC couldn't protect him from Cain any longer.
Lots of heroworship over the man due to his apperance but he did pretty good I'd say.

He was thrown in against the top ranked guys right off the bat... Lost that first one to Frank Mir but continued, won the next fight and defended the UFC belt for 3 fights.

I'd say that's impressive. Although the heavyweight division in UFC wasn't as strong at the time.

SquidVicious

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2015, 09:13:37 PM »
Lots of heroworship over the man due to his apperance but he did pretty good I'd say.

He was thrown in against the top ranked guys right off the bat... Lost that first one to Frank Mir but continued, won the next fight and defended the UFC belt for 3 fights.

I'd say that's impressive. Although the heavyweight division in UFC wasn't as strong at the time.
Defended the belt just twice.

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2015, 09:39:23 PM »

Not working Brock's schedule.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2015, 10:20:55 PM »
Brock was very impressive... until he nearly died from that bout with diverticulitis. He was the UFC heavyweight champ when he was struck with that disease.

He wasn't the same after that.

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
Re: Brock Lesnar - Will fight again, but not for the UFC...
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2015, 10:45:19 AM »
Haku kills him in 20 seconds.