Author Topic: Retard at the gym this morning  (Read 4610 times)

DanielPaul

• Getbig IV
Retard at the gym this morning
« on: March 25, 2015, 12:50:16 PM »
So there's a guy that goes to the same gym as me and lifts around the same time and he has just recently been laid off from the oilfield.  This morning all he kept saying was he can't wait for oil prices to go back up so he can start banking again, he goes on to say that it's getting really tough to make ends meet since he's been laid off.  So I say "hey look of your looking for work I can get you hired at where I work , great healthcare , great retirement and as much OT as you want" he says "what's it pay " I say about 15 an hour starting and you get bumped up by performance as you learn.  He pretty much get insulted and asshurt that I even offered him that kind of chump change "his words".  I tell him look retard you took a job based on a fucking bubble that's destined to burst and you didn't prepare for that burst and on top of that how much did you care when the rest of us were shelling out 75 bucks a week on gas when you were on your high horse so enjoy sitting your happy ass at home collecting your 275 a week.  At that point I just left.  But I see these stupid fucks all the time on FB saying " please help and pray for our laid off oil workers.  Fuck them , I'm enjoying my 2 dollar a gallon gas.

B_B_C

• Getbig IV
  • change is the lot of all
Re: Retard at the gym this morning
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 12:54:23 PM »
its difficult to know who is the bigger asshole   
the oil worker for whinging
or the pseudo-lifter whinging about the whinging oil worker
c

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 12:57:06 PM »
So there's a guy that goes to the same gym as me and lifts around the same time and he has just recently been laid off from the oilfield.  This morning all he kept saying was he can't wait for oil prices to go back up so he can start banking again, he goes on to say that it's getting really tough to make ends meet since he's been laid off.  So I say "hey look of your looking for work I can get you hired at where I work , great healthcare , great retirement and as much OT as you want" he says "what's it pay " I say about 15 an hour starting and you get bumped up by performance as you learn.  He pretty much get insulted and asshurt that I even offered him that kind of chump change "his words".  I tell him look retard you took a job based on a fucking bubble that's destined to burst and you didn't prepare for that burst and on top of that how much did you care when the rest of us were shelling out 75 bucks a week on gas when you were on your high horse so enjoy sitting your happy ass at home collecting your 275 a week.  At that point I just left.  But I see these stupid fucks all the time on FB saying " please help and pray for our laid off oil workers.  Fuck them , I'm enjoying my 2 dollar a gallon gas.

How much did he bench?
Y

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2015, 01:07:26 PM »
tell dat sumamabitch he aint eva gonna be no jed clampett

DanielPaul

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2015, 01:07:42 PM »
its difficult to know who is the bigger asshole   
the oil worker for whinging
or the pseudo-lifter whinging about the whinging oil worker
I've been a member of GETBIG since 09 of coarse I'm an asshole :)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2015, 01:10:15 PM »
He wants the economy to suffer so he can gain.  Fuck him.  Fuck them all to hell.

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2015, 01:10:44 PM »
Top off your gas tank. Low oil prices aren't going to last long.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2015, 01:16:11 PM »

Do you live near the gulf coast ( Tx, La?)

I used to and to them, anyone who didn't work in the oil field was stupid.
They'd get laid off and get pissed at me for having a reg job with benefits. Go figure.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2015, 01:16:43 PM »
Top off your gas tank. Low oil prices aren't going to last long.

Especially when the pubes take office in 2016.  Will run up to $6 a gallon.

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2015, 01:18:00 PM »
Got 150 gallons of heating oil yesterday ($389.00) back a few years ago when it was $4.00 a gallon it was $600.00, quite the savings.

DP should have slapped that be-atch...

DanielPaul

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2015, 01:25:38 PM »
Do you live near the gulf coast ( Tx, La?)

I used to and to them, anyone who didn't work in the oil field was stupid.
They'd get laid off and get pissed at me for having a reg job with benefits. Go figure.
yes south Tx and these fuckers are everywhere , I hope it at least last another year so all these great houses will go on the market for super cheap.  I'll put up with all the whining there is for 3500 sq ft five bedroom rock home with a pool for 200 grand

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2015, 01:26:25 PM »

honesty can be overrated

You are the worst poster here. HTH

denarii

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2015, 01:33:33 PM »
What does OP mean by 275 a week.

wikkedonez

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2015, 02:30:23 PM »
275 a week for unemployment. ...2 dollars a gallon?
Your getting ripped off ;D

DanielPaul

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2015, 02:31:01 PM »
What does OP mean by 275 a week.
unemployment

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2015, 02:32:41 PM »
It's your own fault for talking to the lower orders of humanity. 

Establish a better buffer zone next time.

HTH
~

Sokolsky

• Getbig IV
  • Sensory receptors succumb
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2015, 02:55:45 PM »
The problem with people today really... It's all about making and spending money, rather than to think ahead and save/have a backup for worse times.
Worst part is that it is actually being stimulated by savings being taxed and loans practically being endorsed. In the end though, it makes you wonder who's better off, those who have gone with less by spending less and saving up for worse times, or those going with more running the risk to loose all but always being able to resort to the good ol' holding up of the hand for state benefits?

This is ofcourse speaking from a European perspective, where the state increasingly has to take on more responsibility to take care of its' poor citizens (and the aspiring migrant type).

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2015, 03:13:34 PM »
Really? $15 an hour is like minimum wage.

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2015, 03:17:50 PM »
We're back up to around $2.50 in Michigan.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2015, 03:19:39 PM »
well manual labour is for retards so there you have it

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2015, 03:43:54 PM »
The thing about this industry is that you must understand that you can always be made redundant and laid off.  That's one of the reasons why it pays so much, risk.  You will find it difficult to find a career at one company in this field, it isn't built that way to begin with unless you are extremely lucky or not replaceable(which is almost impossible).  The smart people who work in O&G save that extra money they make for times like theses, everyone i know here at work has a solid rainy day fund and understands they could lose their job any day.

It's hostile right now, but O&G companies are extremely wasteful with spending.  In 4 months we have figured out to build, drill, frac and construct facilities for well sites in Texas at 40% less cost.  All because people had to buckle up and save their jobs by being forced into a cost reduction scenario.  It worked like a charm and most of the office people are still employed.

It's the field crews that got the shaft, which is exactly the way it's designed to work.  These guys get paid a ridiculous amount of money, if they aren't smart enough to understand the market trends and save money, fuck'em.  Depending on what position these field guys do (there are many), you can make $50-75 per hour with a ton of overtime.  No education, just training certifications and safety.

Oil prices will slowly gain in 2016 and eventually be back to $70-80, but that is going to take years.

Enjoy it while you can.  The calculation i did for myself showed that i will save ~$1200 the entire year at the current gas rate over last year while driving 15k miles in a truck that gets 17-18mpg.

If that breaks the bank, you need to find a better way to budget your finances.

8)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2015, 11:05:37 PM »
Thankfully, our holdings in oil producing land in Texas, Wyoming and Oklahoma are on the upswing. Lately these oil/mineral rights have produced a lot of offers to sell them. We never imagined they would do anything beyond some paltry royalties we get a couple of times a year. This past year we've sold off some of these with a nice return.

Texas Ranger

• Getbig II
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2015, 11:08:36 PM »
LOL!!! ;D

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2015, 11:08:59 PM »

This happened.

forillagorilla

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2015, 04:28:30 AM »
yes south Tx and these fuckers are everywhere , I hope it at least last another year so all these great houses will go on the market for super cheap.  I'll put up with all the whining there is for 3500 sq ft five bedroom rock home with a pool for 200 grand

If you're qualified I can lend you the funds.. I have loan officers licensed in Texas.. Shoot me a pm