Author Topic: your hardest workout  (Read 3935 times)

Henda

• Getbig V
Re: your hardest workout
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2015, 12:27:31 AM »
Like the o.p said high rep rep deadlifts (used to do 15 then rest a minute and do 8 to 10 rather than straight 20) but this one session was a Sunday lunchtime at work and had doubled up on pre workout caffeine as was tired that day,I swear I could feel my heart beating just standing there as if my whole body was beating with it, thought I was going to have a heart attack

jon cole

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2015, 01:05:31 AM »
also one week ago 20 reps with 330lbs on deadlift. Paused reps, no bounce, no straps.
asstropin

jon cole

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2015, 01:07:02 AM »

pete rubbish did 605 for 16 few weeks ago.

That's a tough one to beat.
Big reps & poundage.
asstropin

Julio Ceasar

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2015, 01:27:51 AM »
After 5 year of only eating lifting squatin, me and my friend (several national and world champion in benchpress -105 class) got the bright idea to do hill running, intervalls....

We both got deathly pile and out of breath and thought this was the last day of ouer lifes...my friend went to the store to buy juice 10 minutes away...but he couldent make it, was forced to lay down on the grass for 20 minutes and rest, and then come back :D

My mother got scared when i came home...

We where 19 years old and we will remember for the rest of ouer lifes...

Had some longer bike rides to 5 houers...when your body shut down, your body shut down...u think u gonna die! Andthen u have 1-1.5h left to go...

The Italian Lifter

• Getbig IV
  • I need an English dictionary!
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2015, 01:31:50 AM »
Like the o.p said high rep rep deadlifts (used to do 15 then rest a minute and do 8 to 10 rather than straight 20) but this one session was a Sunday lunchtime at work and had doubled up on pre workout caffeine as was tired that day,I swear I could feel my heart beating just standing there as if my whole body was beating with it, thought I was going to have a heart attack
I experienced the same, remembering that afternoon is like looking at a picture: my training partner was asking if I was having an hearth attack when I was agonizing on the floor lolz
North of Italy

Waller

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2015, 01:57:38 AM »
As for workouts I'm not sure. But I think the most painful exercise I've done is tabatas on the leg press. I wanted to cry. Funnily enough it was harder for me than squat tabatas because my cardio level wasn't a factor so I could push my legs harder.

For anyone that doesn't know tabatas are HIT training, 20 seconds of fast reps, 10 seconds rest x 8. Give it a go.

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2015, 10:38:42 AM »
Getting out of bed every morning these days is pretty tough... Just saying...

For workouts, I never went insane, just did what i thought was right. I push myself daily when I lift, but not to foolishness levels...

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2015, 10:42:28 AM »
Way to drunk and trying to have sex.

...a lot of pumping and grunting for not much reward :-\

residue

• Getbig V
  • Adonis 3:16
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2015, 10:52:44 AM »
post lifting prowler

spiro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2015, 12:48:57 PM »
Thinking back to high school basketball practices had too be the worst. Our coach was obsessed with conditioning. We ran and ran and ran some more it was awful I dreaded practice. I played football basketball ran track. Football was fun but everything else sucked. Turns you into a man though.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2015, 01:26:45 PM »
Normal sleep was about 5 hours but I had to pull one hour guard duty during many nights at a preassigned time. So it might be sleep two hours then one hour guard duty then back to the bunk. This night there was a snow storm going on. We were woken up and told to get dressed and stand in formation outside. The snow storm was brutal. Standing at attention staring straight ahead I watched the snow grow on the shoulders of the guy in front of me. Just when I started to shiver uncontrollably the buck in charge told us to fall out and get back to the bunks. The Sgt. then told us you have two choices if you want to leave, quit or kill yourself. Then he proceeded to give us ways to commit suicide.

We had to practice marching in the morning. As an individual if you had to go anywhere on the grounds you had to run. Meals were short for the six months. They mainly yelled to eat and get out. Many meals were left on the plate. After lunch came a 3 mile run. It wasn't the typical slug run you see in any basic training in military boot but it was fast. Around 7 minute miles. We had 8 hours of school.  Then PT. When we were told to do something like push ups it wasn't get down and give me 50.  It was timed out for 10 or more minutes. Resting position was at lock out. The ten or fifteen minutes we did them we were screamed out to keep going. Body weight exercise after body weight exercise went like that. Everyone had bloody underwear from their asses rubbing doing situps. Try doing mountain climbers for 15 minutes straight. After that we had our formation 5 mile run. Again the regular military was often on the mile track and we would pass them repeatedly.

From the lack of sleep and the never ending physical stuff we looked like skeletons at the end. The failure rate was around 50% and the selection process for the 100 or so of us was in the thousands. Laugh if you will but I had the mentality that they would have to kill me because I wasn't quitting. Every month was a different added physical training feature. It was swimming, boxing, shooting various weapons, formations fighting drills, no rules submission fighting before  anyone in the US ever heard of MMA or jui jitsu, and others.  The boxing was only three to four fights but what was worse was the sparing. They would put us in a room and say pair up. Some Sgt. would yell only 75% boots.  I don't know if you guys have ever boxed but I don't know how to throw a 75% punch when someone punches me in the face. We would be in the sparring room for an hour and every 10 minutes a whistle would blow and they said to change partners. Toward the end we couldn't keep out hands up and the punches looked like a monkey fucking a football. One guy in our class collapsed and went into a coma. His brain swelled from the repeated blows.

No body but our own Outfit knows what we went through 29 years ago. The serious oldtimers probably had it rougher back in the day. When they film stuff for public consumption of the training it's so sanitized I feel sorry for guys that think they are seeing the real deal. I was on a web site and I was reading the qualification regarding the physical for admittance  and it was a joke. Again sanitized for public consumption.  I still look at a photo of me at graduation. I look like skin and bones in a uniform but it's pride that no one can take away.