Author Topic: your hardest workout  (Read 3936 times)

The Italian Lifter

• Getbig IV
  • I need an English dictionary!
your hardest workout
« on: March 26, 2015, 02:53:25 PM »
I'm not talking about poundages  (since every getbigger can bench 600+), but seriously which is the one you still remember maybe after years for terrible and savage effort?
Mine was a few years back with 20 reps deadlifts, can almost still feel the pain and thirst for air now
North of Italy

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
Re: your hardest workout
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 02:58:11 PM »
Leg workouts hands down. 

Squatting 225 for 55 was very difficult, but oh so gratifying. 

I remember triple setting extensions, leg press, then squats with no rest in between... 5x total.  I could not walk for a week.

Sokolsky

• Getbig IV
  • Sensory receptors succumb
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2015, 03:07:28 PM »
First time doing a Smolov squat routine (mesocycle&intense cycle only).

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2015, 03:10:17 PM »
Our strongman circuits.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2015, 03:10:27 PM »
I walk into the gym on a sunday morning. The gym is dimly lit, there is no heat on and its 10 degrees outside. The iron is cold to the touch. The machines are old and rustic, just the way I like them. Paint chips off of the machines, and there is about an inch of dust on them. I begin to warm up with some light dumbbell work, stretching my muscles to prepare them for the battle ahead. A few guys are also in the gym with me. Other beasts, so to speak, though we do not like to brag about this. The work out starts off with weighted pull-ups, 6 sets. I complete these with pure exhaustion, then walk over to the dumbbell rack. The dumbbells from the 100s to the 190s have dust all over them, which means they are never used. I pick up the 100's and bang out 15, then work my way up to the 180's for 12 solid reps. As I walk by, another lift stares at me intensely and says, "No guts, no glory." I nod my head in approval. I then head over to the t-bar row machine and put on 4 45 plates and bang out 12 reps. After my first set, I take a trip over to the sandbox to puke. The owner, a hardcore older man built this sandbox for us to puke in. We call it, "The Dumpster." I then go back and add on a few more plates, working my way up to 7 45 plates for a sloppy 8 reps, but at this point, the form does not matter. Its just gut grinding work. I then proceed to complete barbell rows by piling on 3 45's on each side for 10 reps, and work my way up to 4-5 plates per side. Cant really remember, as I blacked out. They dumped water on my face to help me regain consciousness. Then I finish off the workout with a brutal superset of latpulldowns with dumbbell pullovers. After the 4th superset, I make my way to "The Dumpster" to throw up my muscle tech pre-workout shake. My work out is complete. I enter the locker and sit down and begin to ponder why I do this to myself. I take a long look in the mirror, reflect on my workout, and fully realize, like the Buddha, that I was made different from the average person. This is my burden. I begin to walk out the front door and the owner looks at me and says, "Respect."  I say, "Right back at ya, buddy" and go home.
X

TestDummy

• Getbig IV
  • 5%
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2015, 03:30:09 PM »
first time doing lunges

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2015, 03:31:55 PM »
The once a decade 20-rep squat session that I do.

jon cole

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2015, 03:43:17 PM »
deadlifting 475 for 13 reps. rest pause reps.
asstropin

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2015, 03:45:41 PM »
deadlifting 475 for 13 reps. rest pause reps.

That's a tough one to beat.
Big reps & poundage.

Sokolsky

• Getbig IV
  • Sensory receptors succumb
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2015, 03:48:15 PM »
I walk into the gym on a sunday morning. The gym is dimly lit, there is no heat on and its 10 degrees outside. The iron is cold to the touch. The machines are old and rustic, just the way I like them. Paint chips off of the machines, and there is about an inch of dust on them. I begin to warm up with some light dumbbell work, stretching my muscles to prepare them for the battle ahead. A few guys are also in the gym with me. Other beasts, so to speak, though we do not like to brag about this. The work out starts off with weighted pull-ups, 6 sets. I complete these with pure exhaustion, then walk over to the dumbbell rack. The dumbbells from the 100s to the 190s have dust all over them, which means they are never used. I pick up the 100's and bang out 15, then work my way up to the 180's for 12 solid reps. As I walk by, another lift stares at me intensely and says, "No guts, no glory." I nod my head in approval. I then head over to the t-bar row machine and put on 4 45 plates and bang out 12 reps. After my first set, I take a trip over to the sandbox to puke. The owner, a hardcore older man built this sandbox for us to puke in. We call it, "The Dumpster." I then go back and add on a few more plates, working my way up to 7 45 plates for a sloppy 8 reps, but at this point, the form does not matter. Its just gut grinding work. I then proceed to complete barbell rows by piling on 3 45's on each side for 10 reps, and work my way up to 4-5 plates per side. Cant really remember, as I blacked out. They dumped water on my face to help me regain consciousness. Then I finish off the workout with a brutal superset of latpulldowns with dumbbell pullovers. After the 4th superset, I make my way to "The Dumpster" to throw up my muscle tech pre-workout shake. My work out is complete. I enter the locker and sit down and begin to ponder why I do this to myself. I take a long look in the mirror, reflect on my workout, and fully realize, like the Buddha, that I was made different from the average person. This is my burden. I begin to walk out the front door and the owner looks at me and says, "Respect."  I say, "Right back at ya, buddy" and go home.

Good read, would buy your autobiography  :D

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2015, 03:50:00 PM »
when i was young and dumber, i passed out a few times from working myself into the ground. 50 plus rep squats with 225 to finish a w/o. two hour w/o after a long wrestling practice. at college played basketball, softball, boxed lifted weights all day long zonked  out good after that.. ::) ::) ::) ::) :'( :'( :'( :'( :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\
F

judochoke

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2015, 04:31:09 PM »
One set of 20 rep breathing squats with 405
Almost killed me. Only did it once

spiro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2015, 04:47:34 PM »
Getting up at 5 in the morning too run suicides and do plyometrics after not doing anything for months. My football coach in college killed us in the off season i remember throwing up in the hallway thinking I was going to die. The weight training was brutal too.

Also doing ladders during track practice. 200,400,600,800 repeat 3-4 times. Sucked ass. I use to run the 400, 4x400, 800, 800x4 all in one meet. I was the work horse. I did more hard work in one day then most people do in their lives.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2015, 04:51:35 PM »
High reps squats as done by the great J.C. Hise.  My hardest sessions were my most satisfying under the squat bar. 

ergo

• Getbig II
  • SteamRolling
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2015, 04:54:08 PM »
Squats 315 x 25, 365 x 20, 385 x 15, 405 x 12 hardest workout I can remember. 315 x 32 reps was a hard day also

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2015, 05:49:59 PM »
Squats 315 x 25, 365 x 20, 385 x 15, 405 x 12 hardest workout I can remember. 315 x 32 reps was a hard day also

Damn, I did 315 for 31 once, glad you posted this first so I didn't get demoralized seeing the 32.  Ironically the only reason I did 31 was some other guy did 30 right before me.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2015, 05:52:43 PM »
5 plates on hammer strength for 10 reps phil Heath style

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2015, 05:53:37 PM »
Good read, would buy your autobiography  :D

Thank you! Perhaps I shall have to write one!
X

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2015, 05:59:08 PM »
I'm currently experiencing my hardesrt workouts.

my training partner is a beast, he's on quite a bit of stuff, and it's brutal trying to keep up with him

Neptune100

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2015, 06:09:15 PM »
The hardest workout I ever had was during one day in the middle of Summer at a military training base in the South.  I figured I walked 25+ miles that day, through the woods, on roads, with a load of gear.  Day started off wet and i was soaked.  Started off in the woods doing Land Navigation Training for 4-5 hours.  That was exhausting in itself.  Proceeded to some Urban Combat Training for the next 6 hours, then finished with a 15 miler back to camp. I swear as we started that 15 miler the Sun came out in its full glory and really started fucking with us.  As the day went along my feet got more tore up and it was very uncomfortable to walk.  My thighs started chaffing halfway through the day and I had nothing to help me minimize the pain.  The ruck march home was pure hell. The most painful experience I've ever had. Every step felt like I was tearing the skin of my thighs and feet away. When we finished I could barely walk, the insides of my thighs were covered with blood and my feet were bleeding and blistered.

Oh yeah that one time I hit squats for reps was a bitch too.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2015, 06:13:53 PM »
10 sets -    5 pull ups  10 jumping jacks
5 sets - max pull ups  - 20 squats w weight
5 sets - max pulls ups - 10 pull downs - 20 thrusters - 20 MJDB #2 - 20 Squats - 20 Lunges
2 sets - 50 crunches - 50 rev crunches - 50 left crunch - 50 right crunch  - 1 min plank
Y

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2015, 06:47:20 PM »
The hardest workout I ever had was during one day in the middle of Summer at a military training base in the South.  I figured I walked 25+ miles that day, through the woods, on roads, with a load of gear.  Day started off wet and i was soaked.  Started off in the woods doing Land Navigation Training for 4-5 hours.  That was exhausting in itself.  Proceeded to some Urban Combat Training for the next 6 hours, then finished with a 15 miler back to camp. I swear as we started that 15 miler the Sun came out in its full glory and really started fucking with us.  As the day went along my feet got more tore up and it was very uncomfortable to walk.  My thighs started chaffing halfway through the day and I had nothing to help me minimize the pain.  The ruck march home was pure hell. The most painful experience I've ever had. Every step felt like I was tearing the skin of my thighs and feet away. When we finished I could barely walk, the insides of my thighs were covered with blood and my feet were bleeding and blistered.

This is not a workout.  It may be hard, but it's not a workout.

DanM

• Getbig III
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2015, 07:41:52 PM »
Awesome to see a lot of people having done some higher rep squats with decent poundage, hard to beat in terms of mental fortitude and difficulty levels.

inseyeder

• Getbig II
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2015, 07:50:40 PM »
kegels pc x 100
bc x 100
hold each squeeze for 5sec

proceed to drink hydrolyzed wehy protein shakes and indian curry for maximum anabolism to sphincter muscles.
diahreea kegels

pain is weakness leaving the body

ergo

• Getbig II
  • SteamRolling
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2015, 10:06:37 PM »
Damn, I did 315 for 31 once, glad you posted this first so I didn't get demoralized seeing the 32.  Ironically the only reason I did 31 was some other guy did 30 right before me.

I was done at 30 and I told myself it is now or never to break the 30 mark knowing I would never be there again so I just dropped for 2 more screaming reps. I remember it clearly because I was 32 years old at the time. That was 1995. It took around 6-8 high rep sessions to get to that magic 30. 20-25 barrier many times. Power belt and Pro knee wraps. Key was controlling gas exchange and not hype ring at 20.