Author Topic: Anyone a fan of "Preacher"?  (Read 2241 times)

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
Anyone a fan of "Preacher"?
« on: March 29, 2015, 07:45:31 AM »
AMC is making their adaption of the comic "Preacher" and first casting is revealed!

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3336588/first-casting-announcement-amcs-preacher/

Tulip is going to be played by Negga

Cassidy is going to be played by Gilgun

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
Re: Anyone a fan of "Preacher"?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2015, 08:28:37 AM »
AMC is making their adaption of the comic "Preacher" and first casting is revealed!

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3336588/first-casting-announcement-amcs-preacher/

I really loved Preacher...I read the entire series....did you?...what are your thoughts about it?

Svengoolie

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2015, 10:30:39 AM »
Big Garth Ennis fan, but never got around to Preacher. But I'm familiar with the characters, and I dont like that casting for Tulip .

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2015, 10:37:59 AM »
I really loved Preacher...I read the entire series....did you?...what are your thoughts about it?

Yes, i read the whole back when it was newly released. First two storylines were good, especially the one dealing with his Family.

LittleJ

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2015, 10:51:07 AM »

I'm a fan of you falling asleep and never waking back up.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2015, 11:33:37 AM »
Would more be a fan of guys like Joon fuckin' the hell off.
?

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2015, 02:28:03 PM »
Yes, i read the whole back when it was newly released. First two storylines were good, especially the one dealing with his Family.

I agree....The first two storylines were incredible.....I also thought the various weird characters they introduced were amazing.....also the gunman from hell who was hunting preacher was badass and awesome as well....and the story of the you know who...the sheriff's son

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2015, 03:05:50 PM »
I'm a fan of you falling asleep and never waking back up.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2015, 06:57:51 PM »
Dominic Cooper Officially Cast as AMC?s PREACHER

Though it?s been rumored for a while now, executive producer Seth Rogen just announced via Twitter that actor Dominic Cooper, best known to fans as the younger version of Iron Man?s dad Howard Stark in Captain America: The First Avenger and TV?s Agent Carter, is making the jump from a Marvel adaptation to a DC Comics one. Yes, Cooper has officially landed the lead role of Reverend Jesse Custer in AMC?s adaptation of Preacher. The series will be based on the much loved 1990?s Vertigo Comics series of the same name from creators Garth Ennis and Steve Dillon.

According to Deadline, Cooper landed the role after lengthy negotiations with AMC, which is why an official casting announcement took so long. Cooper joins an already fleshed out ensemble cast, including Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.?s Ruth Negga as Jesse?s ex-girlfriend Tulip, Joseph Gilgun as Jesse?s vampire friend Cassidy, Ian Colletti as Arseface, and Lucy Griffiths as Emily, an all-new character created just for the TV show.

With Mad Men ending and Breaking Bad already over, the only really high profile, fan-driven series that AMC has is The Walking Dead. A faithful and proper adaptation of Preacher could be just what the network is looking for, as long as it?s done right. A show like this has all the ingredients to appeal to The Walking Dead fan base and be another water cooler pop culture hit. The script for the pilot episode is being written by Breaking Bad writer Sam Catlin, which also bodes well for the quality of the show.

Preacher doesn?t have a premiere date yet, but with the last major hurdle accomplished, expect to hear about the pilot filming very soon.

http://nerdist.com/dominic-cooper-of...amcs-preacher/

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2016, 02:32:06 AM »
Is Ruth Negga a Negga or a Hebrew?

Q

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2016, 07:04:07 AM »
How is the show?  I've DVR'd them but haven't started watching yet.  The main actor looks like a big queer and has a very punchable face.

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2016, 09:36:14 AM »
the show is pretty good el diablo

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2016, 09:40:24 AM »
I tried.  It's weird tho.  I love AMC shows.  Can't get into this one.  I liked the one with Morgan/bald cop better that this show.