Author Topic: Looking for a good gym in Chicago.  (Read 11008 times)

bestposer1

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: Looking for a good gym in Chicago.
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2006, 03:12:05 PM »
Good idea Boris
Just one question, who's Boris???

Natural_O

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2006, 02:13:57 PM »
I think there are alot of 'hidden gems' gyms in Chicago. Too bad most people only know X-Sports. The only X-Sports I would reccomend anyway is the one on Elston Ave. They cater to the hardcore crowd. If you go there in the morning...the sun shines in right through the windows, they play hard rock and metal and you'll see competitors in there really pushing themselves. Last time I was in there Jay Cutler's dvd(Ripped/Shreds) was playing on all the televisions which are like 50 of them on this one giant wall in the weight room. That was pretty neat...motivated you a little more. Just keep the COMMANDMENTS of entering an XSPORT Gym in mind...no eye-contact with any staff member, dont walk within 15' of the pro-shop and stay the hell away from the front counters. If you can...keep a real pissed of "dont fk with me" look on your face. 99% of the staff at all those gyms are completely not into fitness or even know anything about training or BB or anything so they would probably be intimidated to talk to you or try to hustle you.
  I'll let all the Chicagoans here know a GREAT facility to train on the northwest side of the city. WORLD GYM on Irving/Harlem. I'm buds with one of the staff members there...so he lets me in to train once in a while. It isnt the biggest gym...I'd say about 7000 sq feet. it's in the basement of this ghetto-type mall called 'The Hip'. Has GREAT strength equipment...NEBULA and HAMMER STRENGTH. It has that leg press Ronnie made famous in his 'Redemption video'. Staff there are'nt by any means pushy and dont embarass themselves. Laid back. Very clean but hardcore at the same time. No problems with bringing chalk in or getting gritty. My only problem is the dumbbells only go to 130. I'm happy to announce I am part of the '150lbs dumbbell club'...for pressing that is! The owner of that place...Al Phillips...is a real hustler! A good guy...but a hustler. I can talk great Chicago gyms all day.
  What other gyms do you like to train at Mr. Hanson? Will you be at the ASC this week?

I'm just training at the XSport in Darien right now. I was traveling to Chuck's gym for a few years but it's just too far from my house. The XSport is only 10 minutes away. I'll be at the Arnold this weekend, just going to the expo and the prejudging. I'll be at the IronMan booth for a few hours each day selling some books.

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2006, 03:10:37 PM »

Hey John,

I'll stop by the IRONMAN booth and say 'hello'. I met you before a couple times...that bust for an expo at McCormick Place a few months back and at Jeff Johnson's show in Ottawa, which I am doing this year(superheavy). I have an 8x10 of you hanging in PUMPS GYM on 43rd st.

This is my first time posting here...another thread months ago was going on about gyms in Chicago but that wasnt me. I know Chuck will be there representing w/ PRIDE. You try their protein? It's great.
?

Natural_O

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2006, 03:33:43 PM »
  Hey John,
  I'll stop by the IRONMAN booth and say 'hello'. I met you before a couple times...that bust for an expo at McCormick Place a few months back and at Jeff Johnson's show in Ottawa, which I am doing this year(superheavy). I have an 8x10 of you hanging in PUMPS GYM on 43rd st.
   This is my first time posting here...another thread months ago was going on about gyms in Chicago but that wasnt me. I know Chuck will be there representing w/ PRIDE. You try their protein? It's great.

Hey Block, I remember you. How is Pumps Gym doing? You should be looking good, your show is only a month away. Look forward to seeing you this weekend!

John

boxerz1

• Getbig II
  • deeet da dee
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2006, 12:54:21 AM »
THANX FOR ALL THE INPUT.    IM SURE TO FIND ONE THAT IS CLOSE ENOUGH.  I MIGHT TRY BUCKTOWN AS THEY OFFER A FREE 3DAY PASS.

THANX AGAIN

:) :) :) :) :o :o
I lost my ass in Vegas

99FBODY

• Getbig I
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2010, 09:47:43 PM »
I know Im going to bring this back from the dead but im trying to get a hold of blockhead at pumps gym. can anyone get ahold of him for me?

slacker

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2010, 09:48:29 PM »
Im looking for a good gym in the Chicago area.  I will be there on business in march and would like to trin in my freetime .... any help would be appreciated...
wrong website bro no one here workouts

To Disturbia ...I never ran your name/number or ip address.  I simply profiled you because you have the intellectual maturity of a tree.  I read your threads and it was plain to see that you are a lowlife scum.   From my experience as a police officer when someone like you is charged for domestic abuse/assault uttering death threats always follow.  It is our sure fire way to prove intent to harm and you are then labelled a dangerous criminal and taken away.     You exposed yourself over and over again.   I had no idea of your name or number.  You see unlike you I didnt research your account.  I figured as stupid as you are you would undoubtedly expose yourself.   You are far to dumb to see it but I own you.  I am so deeply in your head you took the time to research post i made 7 years ago.   How desperate is that.  Your game is weak and your name is mud. 
I eagerly await your less than stellar retort
I