Author Topic: Not Tied of THE WALKING DEAD YET? Get ready for FEAR THE WALKING DEAD  (Read 8666 times)

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Yeah, they didn't apply that concept.  Season one I remember them covering themselves in Zombie Guts to get away from the city.  They never do that anymore either.

Nor does anyone employ the Michonne technique of jaw/arm removal.

It's like they've forgotten it.

I like the show, but surviving zombies in the context of their world would seem pretty easy, outside of the occasional half zombie laying around that you don't see.

Some of the stories from the Max Brooks WWZ book were awesome and scary realistic.  Like the nuclear submarine from China that had to fight off two other pursuers (one was the captain's brother) and then found the island that seemed ok for a while until zombies came up from the ocean floor to invade.
Then the lady fighter pilot that went down and the "voice" on her radio guided her to safety....  but there was no voice.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Some of the stories from the Max Brooks WWZ book were awesome and scary realistic.  Like the nuclear submarine from China that had to fight off two other pursuers (one was the captain's brother) and then found the island that seemed ok for a while until zombies came up from the ocean floor to invade.
Then the lady fighter pilot that went down and the "voice" on her radio guided her to safety....  but there was no voice.

That book was so great and completely unique.  I liked the movie  - but it's only similarity to the book was the title.
Y

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
That book was so great and completely unique.  I liked the movie  - but it's only similarity to the book was the title.

Yeah, the book was great, it was a completely different POV as it encompassed the outbreak as a global event where the culture, race, gender, class status, demographics, geographics, etc.. only played a small role in the outcome.   I've read the book twice already. 

Only thing I was left wondering is where the virus actually came from.  The first documented case in the book was the boy from the fishing village that got bitten on his foot underwater and brought the virus back to his village.  It never really said where the virus originated from.

His other book ZSG Recorded Attacks is a great read too.  Especially how the dormant virus was renewed again when someone in a museum scratched themselves with the tooth of a skull that was originally infected hundreds of years prior.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Yeah, the book was great, it was a completely different POV as it encompassed the outbreak as a global event where the culture, race, gender, class status, demographics, geographics, etc.. only played a small role in the outcome.   I've read the book twice already. 

Only thing I was left wondering is where the virus actually came from.  The first documented case in the book was the boy from the fishing village that got bitten on his foot underwater and brought the virus back to his village.  It never really said where the virus originated from.

His other book ZSG Recorded Attacks is a great read too.  Especially how the dormant virus was renewed again when someone in a museum scratched themselves with the tooth of a skull that was originally infected hundreds of years prior.

Haven't read that one.  I recall the origin of the first case you referred to, but that's it. In the Survival Guide, they've identified the virus itself, but don't recall how it originated, but they refer to incidents in the 1800s.

Still don't know what happened to North Korea either.  Either they're in great shape, or completely gone.
Y

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
First Look Promo: Nick's Escape: Fear the Walking Dead: Series Premiere

Fear the Walking Dead premieres August 2015

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
man, that looks like total shit, wont waste a single minute watching that shit , even that preview i skipped thru it , watched about 1 sec in the start 1 sec in the middle and 1 sec at the end and i was bored as shit

stuntmovie1

• Getbig II
Not too  familiar with theTV series but the Walking Dead slot machine is pretty damn popular here in LV.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
I will watch it for no other reason than there is complete crap on television. Its either this show or reality television. At least with this show, I could watch zombies eat people.
X

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
How those dead live without sex  :P

Basile is like Walking Dead, just wondering & wondering ;;;;;;;;;; ;D

Nails

• Getbig V
Re: Not Tied of THE WALKING DEAD YET? Get ready for FEAR THE WALKING DEAD
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2015, 08:30:48 PM »
Just more of the same garbage

AMC starting to make me not want to ever watch another zombie movie / show again

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2015, 08:55:04 PM »
On a side note, it maybe true

Walter white and his blue meth maybe the cause of the zombie apocalypse

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2015, 10:36:13 PM »
yeah this was average.  Compared to episode 1 of TWD....  :-\

They just could have done so much more. 

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2015, 07:02:29 AM »
10.5 million watches for the firsr episode

Most watcedh series premiere show in history  ::) 

As if its not the walking dead 2.0

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2015, 12:59:23 AM »
Horrible, just horrible. Really wasn't feeling the WD in East LA, only watched about 10 actual minutes of the episode.   

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2015, 08:38:11 PM »
Why are all the black people dying first???

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2015, 08:54:53 PM »
And another back guy dead

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2015, 09:18:56 PM »
the problem is that the people starring in the show are the types of self-involved, whiny, inefficient morons that we enjoy seeing getting eaten by zombies.

Those in TWD are survivors, proven and brave.  I'm rooting for the walkers in this show.

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2015, 09:19:24 PM »
Black folk just cant seem to stay alive on amc zombie shows

Chalk up another black dude