Author Topic: OBAMACARE WINS AGAIN!...supreme court rejects death panel argument  (Read 6659 times)

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
Remember the conservative claims led by Sarah Palin that the medicare board in the Affordable Healthcare Act was actually a "death panel" which would make decisions as to who lives and who dies in terms of determining who gets healthcare???

Lower Courts have ruled in favot of this panel and now the conservative Supreme Court has rejected this argument and stated that the Medicare Board can stand as it is in the ACA...another slap in the face to Republicans and the Tea Party who tried so desperately to portray this part of Obamacare as a threat to older Americans in that it would vote to kill certain seniors whose Medicare costs were too expensive...

The Conservatives have been thoroughly repudiated on Obamacare but still continue to make attempts to kill the program even though it shows it brining costs down, and poviding coverage for 24 million additional Americans. This is one of the greatest success stories in American History

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/03/30/us-usa-court-obamacare-idUSKBN0MQ1EU20150330

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: OBAMACARE WINS AGAIN!...supreme court rejects death panel argument
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 02:07:29 PM »
Should never have even gone to the Supreme Court in the first place

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2015, 02:52:42 PM »
Remember the conservative claims led by Sarah Palin that the medicare board in the Affordable Healthcare Act was actually a "death panel" which would make decisions as to who lives and who dies in terms of determining who gets healthcare???

Lower Courts have ruled in favot of this panel and now the conservative Supreme Court has rejected this argument and stated that the Medicare Board can stand as it is in the ACA...another slap in the face to Republicans and the Tea Party who tried so desperately to portray this part of Obamacare as a threat to older Americans in that it would vote to kill certain seniors whose Medicare costs were too expensive...

The Conservatives have been thoroughly repudiated on Obamacare but still continue to make attempts to kill the program even though it shows it brining costs down, and poviding coverage for 24 million additional Americans. This is one of the greatest success stories in American History

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/03/30/us-usa-court-obamacare-idUSKBN0MQ1EU20150330

What did the win. It's still a shit program full of lies.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2015, 03:05:56 PM »

yes but the lies are all being told by the conservatives...as they keep getting destroyed in the courts over and over again

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2015, 03:09:05 PM »
Should never have even gone to the Supreme Court in the first place

agreed....but the conservatives are hell-bent on trying to destroy Obama's legacy even though they are the ones who are self-destructing..Obama is still smiling

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2015, 05:47:14 AM »

That the courts couldn't point out? only you and trump have the answers.

You literally just discard anything that doesn't fit with your worldview, regardless of truth. You must be a pretty happy person, without the weight of reality weighing you down.

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2015, 06:20:35 AM »

Brings costs down for who? I have yet to hear anyone say the cost of their health insurance has gone down. So .07% of the population gets health insurance and the other 99.93% get screwed, great success story ::)

I still can't understand the willingness to allow .gov to whole sale take over health care. Are you people fucking nuts?

Not to mention the fact that a precedent has now been set, .gov can tax you for inactivity........
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2015, 06:49:55 AM »
That the courts couldn't point out? only you and trump have the answers.

You literally just discard anything that doesn't fit with your worldview, regardless of truth. You must be a pretty happy person, without the weight of reality weighing you down.

Good analysis ..couldn't have said it better

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2015, 06:59:45 AM »
Brings costs down for who? I have yet to hear anyone say the cost of their health insurance has gone down. So .07% of the population gets health insurance and the other 99.93% get screwed, great success story ::)

I still can't understand the willingness to allow .gov to whole sale take over health care. Are you people fucking nuts?

Not to mention the fact that a precedent has now been set, .gov can tax you for inactivity........

well first of all...people are going to be taxed for services...thats the bottom line...progress has to be paid for.....I have looked at my check every week for years and they take out taxes for medicare.......it benefits a large part of the elderly population....I derive no benefit from it since I'm not old enough ...YET....it helps millions of seniors stay healthy and pays for their healthcare....should we repeal that??????......I look at my check and I see social security taxes being taken out.....doesn't benefit me either since I'm not old enough to collect..YET..again it is the default pension for tens of millions of seniors which allows them to eat, pay their rent and be self-sufficient.....should we repeal that???????

Also .Gov DID NOT take over healthcare....THE VAST MAJORITY OF HEALTHCARE IS STILL OBTAINED THROUGH EMPLOYERS AND OTHER PRIVATE SOURCES.....what are you talking about?????????????.....and again ALL INSURANCE COMPANIES MUST ACCEPT EVERYONE AND CANNOT DROP YOU BECAUSE YOU HAVE A CHRONIC EXPENSIVE ILLNESS.......thats amazing when you think about it...it wasn't like that 6 years ago.....

GIVE IT UP

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2015, 07:31:17 AM »
well first of all...people are going to be taxed for services...thats the bottom line...progress has to be paid for.....I have looked at my check every week for years and they take out taxes for medicare.......it benefits a large part of the elderly population....I derive no benefit from it since I'm not old enough ...YET....it helps millions of seniors stay healthy and pays for their healthcare....should we repeal that??????......I look at my check and I see social security taxes being taken out.....doesn't benefit me either since I'm not old enough to collect..YET..again it is the default pension for tens of millions of seniors which allows them to eat, pay their rent and be self-sufficient.....should we repeal that???????

Also .Gov DID NOT take over healthcare....THE VAST MAJORITY OF HEALTHCARE IS STILL OBTAINED THROUGH EMPLOYERS AND OTHER PRIVATE SOURCES.....what are you talking about?????????????.....and again ALL INSURANCE COMPANIES MUST ACCEPT EVERYONE AND CANNOT DROP YOU BECAUSE YOU HAVE A CHRONIC EXPENSIVE ILLNESS.......thats amazing when you think about it...it wasn't like that 6 years ago.....

GIVE IT UP

Give what up? Medicare, Social Security is all ponzi scheme non sense, if any private entity tried to pull the shit .gov does they would get locked up and the key thrown away.
I don't mind paying taxes, when the taxes go for things the federal government is actually responsible for.

More horse shit, .gov gets to dictate who a private company has to insure.

So basically you believe .gov has your best interest at heart? That's funny, why do you think the retirement age keeps going up? .Gov hopes you die and never collect SS.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2015, 08:38:15 AM »
You use too... many... ellipses... and... it... makes... your... text... almost... impossible... to... read...

well first of all...people are going to be taxed for services...

I'd vocally oppose being "taxed" for anything that wasn't a proper function of government. Providing healthcare is not a proper function of government.

progress has to be paid for

You pay for the progress if you want it. Keep your hands out of my wallet.

I have looked at my check every week for years and they take out taxes for medicare.......it benefits a large part of the elderly population....I derive no benefit from it since I'm not old enough ...YET....it helps millions of seniors stay healthy and pays for their healthcare....should we repeal that??????

We should, going forward, phase the system out and get the government out of the business of providing insurance because that's not a proper function of government.

I look at my check and I see social security taxes being taken out.....doesn't benefit me either since I'm not old enough to collect..YET..again it is the default pension for tens of millions of seniors which allows them to eat, pay their rent and be self-sufficient.....should we repeal that???????

We should, going forward, allow people to decide how they want to save their retirement, instead of taking money out of their paychecks at the point of the proverbial gun. Multiple studies have shown that the average person will have a much larger retirement income stream if the money that goes to social security throughout his career is invested on the market in a 80/20 stocks/bonds mix prior to age 50, a 60/40 mix between 50 and 65 and a 20/80 stocks/bonds mix thereafter.

THE VAST MAJORITY OF HEALTHCARE IS STILL OBTAINED THROUGH EMPLOYERS AND OTHER PRIVATE SOURCES.....

Right, and?

what are you talking about?????????????.....and again ALL INSURANCE COMPANIES MUST ACCEPT EVERYONE AND CANNOT DROP YOU BECAUSE YOU HAVE A CHRONIC EXPENSIVE ILLNESS.......thats amazing when you think about it...it wasn't like that 6 years ago.....

More kettle logic.

GIVE IT UP

You first.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2015, 08:43:22 AM »
yes but the lies are all being told by the conservatives...as they keep getting destroyed in the courts over and over again

Lie by conservatives? Are you shitting me minion?

You can keep your doctor?

You'll save $2500?

"You'll just have to wait to see whats in it after it's passed"

I'm sorry, who was the dude that was caught in video calling the american people dumb>

Was that all lies by conservatives? I seriously don't think you believe even a 1/4 of the shit you say. I think you just was to get a rise out of people. No one can be that fucking stupid.  

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2015, 08:57:12 AM »
The last 3 posts um it all up well. This is what you idiot leftists don't get. We have a Constitution that limits what the Feds can do. Its there for a fucking reason. Thats my money that your taking
L

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2015, 09:08:11 AM »
can someone please just get me my old health insurance back that I was told I "could keep"?????

no freakin insurance now for my family because I cant afford it.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2015, 10:54:31 AM »
Give what up? Medicare, Social Security is all ponzi scheme non sense, if any private entity tried to pull the shit .gov does they would get locked up and the key thrown away.
I don't mind paying taxes, when the taxes go for things the federal government is actually responsible for.

More horse shit, .gov gets to dictate who a private company has to insure.

So basically you believe .gov has your best interest at heart? That's funny, why do you think the retirement age keeps going up? .Gov hopes you die and never collect SS.

This is cynical....the retirement age goes up because we are LIVING LONGER AND BECOMING MORE PRODUCTIVE AS WE AGE......a 65 year old man many years ago was truly aged....and truly didn't have much time left. maybe 10 years if he was lucky....Retirees at 65 today may be more like a 50 yr old used to be....Many are active and in good health.....they can continue working and often want to.....

maybe the problem with you is your TOTAL ANTI-GOVERNMENT STANCE....government is not perfect but it does a lot of good.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2015, 10:57:08 AM »
The last 3 posts um it all up well. This is what you idiot leftists don't get. We have a Constitution that limits what the Feds can do. Its there for a fucking reason. Thats my money that your taking

we also have a supreme court who interprets the constitution...they have said that the ACA is okay....repeatedly......

OWN UP TO THAT

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2015, 10:59:13 AM »
Lie by conservatives? Are you shitting me minion?

You can keep your doctor?

You'll save $2500?

I'm sorry, who was the dude that was caught in video calling the american people dumb>

Was that all lies by conservatives? I seriously don't think you believe even a 1/4 of the shit you say. I think you just was to get a rise out of people. No one can be that fucking stupid.  

through your idiocy you do make a good point here...I do fault Obama for making mis-statements in trying too hard to sell the program.....shit happens...but overall the benefits outweigh the costs.....I'm happy I got to keep my doctor...and millions of others have as well....

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2015, 11:23:28 AM »
This is cynical....the retirement age goes up because we are LIVING LONGER AND BECOMING MORE PRODUCTIVE AS WE AGE......a 65 year old man many years ago was truly aged....and truly didn't have much time left. maybe 10 years if he was lucky....Retirees at 65 today may be more like a 50 yr old used to be....Many are active and in good health.....they can continue working and often want to.....

maybe the problem with you is your TOTAL ANTI-GOVERNMENT STANCE....government is not perfect but it does a lot of good.

And maybe it isn't, the government has a set of guidelines laid out in the constitution, they have far overstepped them. Where exactly in the bill of rights is health insurance\health care? The commerce clause, that has been used and abused. Read it, and tell me how that justifies the ACA. You keep believing, it's only a matter of time before this country goes the way of the Roman Empire. Corruption and worthless politicians, who's only goal is wealth and power, not the welfare of the country.

"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury. After that, the majority always votes for the candidate promising the most benefits with the result the democracy collapses because of the loose fiscal policy ensuing, always to be followed by a dictatorship, then a monarchy."

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2015, 11:30:25 AM »
And maybe it isn't, the government has a set of guidelines laid out in the constitution, they have far overstepped them. Where exactly in the bill of rights is health insurance\health care? The commerce clause, that has been used and abused. Read it, and tell me how that justifies the ACA. You keep believing, it's only a matter of time before this country goes the way of the Roman Empire. Corruption and worthless politicians, who's only goal is wealth and power, not the welfare of the country.

"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury. After that, the majority always votes for the candidate promising the most benefits with the result the democracy collapses because of the loose fiscal policy ensuing, always to be followed by a dictatorship, then a monarchy."

Right on....

Its gotten so bad and nobody cares where the money goes. Obama flat out lied and and nobody cares
L

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2015, 11:50:54 AM »

To be fair, that wasn't a lie... we did have to wait and see ;D

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2015, 02:43:53 PM »
To be fair, that wasn't a lie... we did have to wait and see ;D

This is actually true.....it isn't a lie until you see what happens.....

Ronald Reagan......"the Soviet Union is an Evil Empire"............yet he made peace with them and signed a Nuclear agreement
George Herbert Walker Bush..."read my lips, NO NEW TAXES"...then signed a huge tax increase
Bill Clinton....."I did not have sex with that woman".......well....you know...the blue dress
George W Bush......"we had to do away with Saddham Hussein's weapons of mass destruction"......none were found

I think the whoppers these guys told were just as bad and some worse....and even cost thousands of American lives in one instance

I tend to think "you can keep your doctor" is a lot less worse than these above :D

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2015, 04:56:39 PM »

Meh...it's still a death panel, just a Constitutional one.  :P

I never got the objection to this.  If it's Obamacare, somebody will have to decide what services are covered.  If it's private insurance, somebody will have to decide what services are covered.

It's the SAME FUCKING THING!

Ah well...never got an answer when we argued this shit before Obamacare, not gonna get one now.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2015, 05:20:27 PM »

Meh...it's still a death panel, just a Constitutional one.  :P

I never got the objection to this.  If it's Obamacare, somebody will have to decide what services are covered.  If it's private insurance, somebody will have to decide what services are covered.

It's the SAME FUCKING THING!

Ah well...never got an answer when we argued this shit before Obamacare, not gonna get one now.

true....and even today there are things Medicare and Medicaid won't cover...somebody has to decide who gets what or the whole program goes bankrupt

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2015, 08:55:40 PM »
This is actually true.....it isn't a lie until you see what happens.....

and we were still right. It was still a lie.

Ronald Reagan......"the Soviet Union is an Evil Empire"............yet he made peace with them and signed a Nuclear agreement

Because if they didn't make peace he would have destroyed them. There lies the catch
George Herbert Walker Bush..."read my lips, NO NEW TAXES"...then signed a huge tax increase
I didn't like it either but in that situation he had no choice. Obama says no new taxes, commits treason, has four Americans killed, kills the economy by manufacturing money, borrowing and running the deficit up to over $18trillion and you give him because he's "black"
Bill Clinton....."I did not have sex with that woman".......well....you know...the blue dress
George W Bush......"we had to do away with Saddham Hussein's weapons of mass destruction"......none were found

they were found
I think the whoppers these guys told were just as bad and some worse....and even cost thousands of American lives in one instance

I tend to think "you can keep your doctor" is a lot less worse than these above :D

Yeah, what about killing the middle class with premiums they can't afford. Dolt.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2015, 07:55:50 AM »
Yeah, what about killing the middle class with premiums they can't afford. Dolt.

I'm sitting here falbbergasted with my mouth hanging open at your response........I don't know what to say.......you just keep getting more and more idiotic...you're even surpassing soul crusher territory....