Author Topic: Police Abuse of Uber Driver in NY  (Read 23223 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: Police Abuse of Uber Driver in NY
« Reply #150 on: April 06, 2015, 01:15:26 PM »
Well, LAPD is known to be notoriously corrupt. Obviously some police systems are better than others.

Corruption is usually a symptom of something not working correctly at a higher level.   

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #151 on: April 06, 2015, 01:18:40 PM »
Corruption is usually a symptom of something not working correctly at a higher level.   

True, I agree, that when systems need overhauling, there are usually multiple systems and/or subsystems responsible.

If that truly is the case, then something needs to change at that level. Whether or not that starts with higher-ups like Lieutenants, Captain, Sergeants, police commissioner or higher. The standard police officer is just most likely taking orders from someone else.

X

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #152 on: April 06, 2015, 01:28:14 PM »
True, I agree, that when systems need overhauling, there are usually multiple systems and/or subsystems responsible.

If that truly is the case, then something needs to change at that level. Whether or not that starts with higher-ups like Lieutenants, Captain, Sergeants, police commissioner or higher. The standard police officer is just most likely taking orders from someone else.

I've mentioned the book Corruption of the Noble Cause a couple times. It is a pretty good read for explaining how things like Rampart existed. There are a couple different types of corruption; A cop blurs the line in order to catch a bad guy and a cop steals money from a wallet a citizen turns in. The latter, there's no help for that cop, he's a thug in a uniform and needs prison time. The former, needs to be taught from day one it's better to lose a case in court than to lose your integrity. I don't believe that kind of corruption comes from up top but it can be stopped by upper management by making it clear and demonstrating that the truth is the only acceptable thing and hold those accountable if they are caught lying. Our policy is we terminate officers who are found to have lied. But most corruption in the department is the Noble Cause corruption. And it starts with little things... before you know it.. Rampart exists and cops are lying, planting weapons, abusing people because catching the bad guy is everything.

I think reading that book should be mandatory for all cadets. It would head off a lot of problems down the road.     

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #153 on: April 06, 2015, 02:19:22 PM »
Words are serious business.  ::)

Angry words from a man with a gun are INDEED serious business.

Deacon Jeschin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #154 on: April 06, 2015, 02:34:48 PM »
Does it really matter to you what I say? we are all liars etc etc. I don't want to spend any time writing things out if all you're gonna do is gloss over it and claim I'm lying. Whats the point?

Well, you spent some time writing a (non) response, didn't you?  I wasn't asking for a novel.....just a few answers to some very simple questions.  Since you can recollect the data so clearly from the event that occurred in the 90s, recalling the repercussions shouldn't be that difficult.

Perhaps you are the lone honest cop in the system. The shining light amongst many dimly lit bulbs. You are the one who calls out all dishonest, bullying officers on their actions against the society they are supposed to serve.  And you just happen to post right here at Getbig....   

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #155 on: April 06, 2015, 05:47:01 PM »
You are the one who calls out all dishonest, bullying officers on their actions against the society they are supposed to serve.  And you just happen to post right here at Getbig...

In my job, I would't cover a co-workers ass should she/he do something illegal or alegal.

Cops, regardless of nationality, race or sex, always give the benefit of the doubt to the other cop.

It's mind boggling.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #156 on: April 06, 2015, 05:57:47 PM »
Remember Abner Louima's case? The COPS sodomized, brutalized and physically abused this man and the main culprit Justin Volpe, quickly changed his story once he realized his not guilty plea was going to backfire on him. And in pleading guilty he had to basically retract EVERYTHING that he had said previously: 1) Yes, he sodomized that man, going as far as shoving a broken broom stick up his ass; 2) Yes, he physically abused that man, going as far as to knock a few teeth out of his mouth, and 3) Yes, he LIED until he was cornered like a sack of shit.

That trial was a deal breaker because people actually got to see what police are REALLY like: Lying sacks of shit that serve the public better dead than alive.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #157 on: April 07, 2015, 03:14:32 AM »
Remember Abner Louima's case? The COPS sodomized, brutalized and physically abused this man and the main culprit Justin Volpe, quickly changed his story once he realized his not guilty plea was going to backfire on him. And in pleading guilty he had to basically retract EVERYTHING that he had said previously: 1) Yes, he sodomized that man, going as far as shoving a broken broom stick up his ass; 2) Yes, he physically abused that man, going as far as to knock a few teeth out of his mouth, and 3) Yes, he LIED until he was cornered like a sack of shit.

That trial was a deal breaker because people actually got to see what police are REALLY like: Lying sacks of shit that serve the public better dead than alive.

are you sauing we dont need a police force

T

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #158 on: April 07, 2015, 05:54:29 AM »
no point arguing with the anti police crew on here

there are millions of interactions each day between the public and the police

with very few bad incidents

but the armchair gangsters on here are too stupid not to put them all in the same bracket

its like arguing with retards
;D

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #159 on: April 07, 2015, 08:42:43 AM »
what people are saying and pointing out is that the trash should be kicked out. Tipping an invalid out a wheel chair and laughing is not what the police are trained for. The discussion is not if we need a police force. we just donīt need the fucking idiots.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #160 on: April 07, 2015, 08:45:38 AM »
Well, you spent some time writing a (non) response, didn't you?  I wasn't asking for a novel.....just a few answers to some very simple questions.  Since you can recollect the data so clearly from the event that occurred in the 90s, recalling the repercussions shouldn't be that difficult.

Perhaps you are the lone honest cop in the system. The shining light amongst many dimly lit bulbs. You are the one who calls out all dishonest, bullying officers on their actions against the society they are supposed to serve.  And you just happen to post right here at Getbig....   

You are convinced there may be only one good cop in the nation...that's sad.   

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #161 on: April 07, 2015, 08:46:23 AM »
In my job, I would't cover a co-workers ass should she/he do something illegal or alegal.

Cops, regardless of nationality, race or sex, always give the benefit of the doubt to the other cop.

It's mind boggling.

Not the only thing around here mind boggling..  ;)

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #162 on: April 07, 2015, 08:48:02 AM »
what people are saying and pointing out is that the trash should be kicked out. Tipping an invalid out a wheel chair and laughing is not what the police are trained for. The discussion is not if we need a police force. we just donīt need the fucking idiots.

agreed

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #163 on: April 07, 2015, 09:19:44 AM »

Deacon Jeschin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #164 on: April 07, 2015, 09:32:16 AM »
You are convinced there may be only one good cop in the nation...that's sad.   

I may have overestimated that number based on your lack of reading comprehension....

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #165 on: April 07, 2015, 09:49:21 AM »
I may have overestimated that number based on your lack of reading comprehension....

Of course..

Deacon Jeschin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #166 on: April 07, 2015, 10:19:40 AM »
Of course..

Are you ever going to answer, or just avoid?  How did your partner and the rest of your coworkers react and treat you after taking a civilian's side in a matter that led to a fellow cop getting suspended for 10 days?

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #167 on: April 07, 2015, 10:25:32 AM »
Are you ever going to answer, or just avoid?  How did your partner and the rest of your coworkers react and treat you after taking a civilian's side in a matter that led to a fellow cop getting suspended for 10 days?

First off, it's not that rare. You probably would be surprised to know the majority of Internal Affairs complaints come from officers reporting other officers than public complaints. Having said that..

The officer was pissed at me. a couple of his close buddies were pissed at me. The buddies got over it when they heard the whole story and life went on. The officer and I continued to work the same shift together until I promoted off the shift some 6 months later. In that time, he made back ups with me and I made back ups with him. We were professional but he didn't spend any more time around me than he had to. We had ocassion to work together years later on a project and he told me he was pissed at me for a long time for doing that but that he realized he was wrong and I was right. We still don't hang out but we say hi when we pass each other or attend a class.   

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #168 on: April 07, 2015, 10:58:18 AM »

im sure he can answer on his own behalf

i agree with most of the rest
T

Deacon Jeschin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #169 on: April 07, 2015, 11:06:09 AM »
First off, it's not that rare. You probably would be surprised to know the majority of Internal Affairs complaints come from officers reporting other officers than public complaints. Having said that..

The officer was pissed at me. a couple of his close buddies were pissed at me. The buddies got over it when they heard the whole story and life went on. The officer and I continued to work the same shift together until I promoted off the shift some 6 months later. In that time, he made back ups with me and I made back ups with him. We were professional but he didn't spend any more time around me than he had to. We had ocassion to work together years later on a project and he told me he was pissed at me for a long time for doing that but that he realized he was wrong and I was right. We still don't hang out but we say hi when we pass each other or attend a class.   

That's awesome.... I'm glad everything worked out for you fellas...

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #170 on: April 07, 2015, 11:07:13 AM »

Totally not the response I was expecting  :)

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #171 on: April 08, 2015, 02:51:37 PM »

here's another story for you. Back around 2002 I just took over a shift as a Sergeant. Prior to my being assigned to the shift, an officer on the shift was involved in a single car wreck. He was driving to a call and was going to fast for the road way, was distracted by his computer and ended up going up into a yard and hitting the garage of a house. He was looking at about 5-10 days off because it was his 2nd fault collision in 12 months. During the investigation he said he was going code 3 (lights and sirent). He had gotten in trouble before for driving too fast going code 2. As the investigation progressed the resident of the house said he/she was sitting in his/her upstairs living room with the window open when he/she heard a crash and felt the house shake.

Interviewed a person walking down the road and they remembered a cop car passing, lights on, no siren, looking down at the computer screen.. then heard a crash and saw the cop car in the side of the garage.

Another person was driving opposite direction as the officer, window cracked, saw lights.. heard no siren.

Officer swore he had his siren on and went into great detail about how he reached down after the crash and turned off the siren...

So we have an officer saying he had his siren on.. 3 independent witnesses saying they heard no siren. They had no reason to lie, he had what he thought was a reason to lie. What would have been days off for driving and remedial training ended in his termination during the discipline hearing because he would not come clean.

Similar story 2012. Fired an officer for lying about using his badge to get discounted tickets to a movie. I can't speak for all departments, all chain of commands but I can say I believe my department strives to identify cops with integrity issues and seperate them from the department because that isn't what we believe in. We're supposed to be the good guys.   

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #172 on: April 09, 2015, 06:35:24 AM »
im sure he can answer on his own behalf

i agree with most of the rest
the guy in the wheel chair? well i am sure i donīt need your permission to bring it to light do i ?